What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 R17 Sat - Raiders 6-18 Roosters @ GIO

Round 17: Raiders v Roosters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Front-Rower

First Grade
I’m concerned for Ricky Stuart’s health after watching the press conference on fox sports news this morning. He was truly out of breath and struggling with his words. He probably should see a doctor.

I watch the 19 GF in review on fox last night and Robbo came across as a smug c**k face on those controversial moments that favoured roosters.. winners are grinders in his case.
I watch the 19 GF in review on fox last night and Robbo came across as a smug c**k face on those controversial moments that favoured roosters.. winners are grinders in his case.
He is and yeah exactly

This Year?

Immortal
I can't think of any player that uses any combination of speed, strength and footwork to break a line like James Tedesco does. The Sonny Bill Williams return was a huge distraction and took any focus/pressure off the other Roosters players who were all great tonight.
Their defence is the best I have seen in the modern era and they play an attractive style of footy. What a great 300th for JMoz.

The Raiders stretched the Roosters but just lacked a bit of polish in the big moments. It was great to see Wighton running the ball more. I hope Papali isn't on the sideline for long.

BadnMean

Juniors
The Raiders stretched the Roosters but just lacked a bit of polish in the big moments. It was great to see Wighton running the ball more. I hope Papali isn't on the sideline for long.

Thought the Raiders attack stunk actually. Halves going sideways cramping the edge for room instead of straightening up the attack.

Jack barely ran it- kept dishing a crash ball off to Croker at the line instead- who is exactly the wrong target for that sort of ball. If you must pass to Croker, go early so he has some space to use his agility a little bit, as at his best he slides through a gap that doesn't seem to be there. he can't break through a tackle to save his life though.

This Year?

Immortal
Thought the Raiders attack stunk actually. Halves going sideways cramping the edge for room instead of straightening up the attack.

Jack barely ran it- kept dishing a crash ball off to Croker at the line instead- who is exactly the wrong target for that sort of ball. If you must pass to Croker, go early so he has some space to use his agility a little bit, as at his best he slides through a gap that doesn't seem to be there. he can't break through a tackle to save his life though.
Croker didn't have the best game and Wighton had a mixed game, but you could see what Wighton was trying to achieve in his play. The idea was right, it was the execution that let them down. Losing Papali didn't help, his surges would have made those plays easier with more time/room. Next week should be an easy game to work on their set plays though :p.

The_Frog

First Grade
I’m concerned for Ricky Stuart’s health after watching the press conference on fox sports news this morning. He was truly out of breath and struggling with his words. He probably should see a doctor.
Looked like he had emphysema.