What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

callmack1

Staff member
Just on the latest drama on this forum regarding some posters and mods, we don't actually have the power to straight up ban people. We only have the power to give warnings refer comments or issues to higher mods on this site. Therefore, with all due respect, I do not appreciate people attacking myself or @Different kind of Rabbit. We are doing the best job we can and I think this forum is in a good spot currently.

I also do not appreciate the bickering going on. It is not needed and I'm sure the rest of us would like to get back to talking about footy. No more on this topic please, that's it.

Cheers.

callmack1

Staff member
Getting back on topic, I probably have a biased opinion but if I was Doueihi, I would want to stay. I can understand his desire to have a starting position right now however, I see his current situation as perfect. If he decided to stay, it would kind of be like doing a Rugby League apprenticeship where we can learn in a low pressure role off the bench. He is currently in a team with a great culture and hopefully, hopefully a team that has a shot at a Premiership in the next few years.

In addition to that, he has an insanely good Line Up of mentors around him, in Wayne, jason, GI, Sutto and Sam, better than what he'll get at other clubs. They can all continue to nurture him so that when that time comes for a regular starting spot, he is ready to explode and become a star.

It has been mentioned but we see guys like Brandon Smith doing the same thing at their clubs and players like this are doing their careers no harm, they're actually doing their careers the world of good!!

I think we all know that if he stays, Doueihi will hopefully be our long-term five eighth once Cody retires so there is a great pathway there. He will most likely being in the starting team for periods of the year because injuries are always going to happen, that's just footy. He is also on pretty good coin as it is.

Like I say, I may be biased but if I was Adam, I'd want to stay.

Mixo Joe

Juniors
I don't think Mixo Joe tells porkies, there may be some skullduggery going on behind the scenes re Arrow, rumour from another site that Doueihi could end up at the roosters then JAC might arrive at Souths.
Lol :sweat_smile: I try to not tell porkies but as we all know things change daily! All I know is that Richo is working feverishly to get Arrow here now but they are playing hardball. I really don't blame them do you? Addo Carr on the other hand wants to be here and this will be done. AD talking to the rorters now if he tells souths that he wants to go there wouldn't you play hardball? Ask for a player in return like yeah we want Radley:sweat_smile: or f**k them around like they did with Latrell. Things change daily boys:laughing:

southsport

First Grade
Lol :sweat_smile: I try to not tell porkies but as we all know things change daily! All I know is that Richo is working feverishly to get Arrow here now but they are playing hardball. I really don't blame them do you? Addo Carr on the other hand wants to be here and this will be done. AD talking to the rorters now if he tells souths that he wants to go there wouldn't you play hardball? Ask for a player in return like yeah we want Radley:sweat_smile: or f**k them around like they did with Latrell. Things change daily boys:laughing:
Lol, I like the way you're thinking. :)

RobbyP189

Juniors
Hi all , first time making a comment on this forum. I think Doueihi can be groomed into being our next John Sutton , he has enough size , just a matter of Adam building his upper strength . Didn't Sutton start his career as a center ? It would be really sad to lose a player of Doueihi ability , i don't know what Souths are thinking . Why sign Goodwin when we have incredible depth in the back-line ? Who knows , maybe the club has other plans , but i would rather keep Doueihi and maybe offload A.J .

Rabs 22

Juniors
I’m pretty sure that Doueihi is related to cheika ,who recently got on board with the roosters in a assistant coaching role ,and the fact they have just lost Billy Smith with a season ending injury,could be an opportunity to big to knock back,I’d like to see him stay but I don’t think he will,I don’t believe him staying home this week to get his head clear is really true.

Last edited:

handyman2190

Bench
Hi all , first time making a comment on this forum. I think Doueihi can be groomed into being our next John Sutton , he has enough size , just a matter of Adam building his upper strength . Didn't Sutton start his career as a center ? It would be really sad to lose a player of Doueihi ability , i don't know what Souths are thinking . Why sign Goodwin when we have incredible depth in the back-line ? Who knows , maybe the club has other plans , but i would rather keep Doueihi and maybe offload A.J .
I agree, ive said this on this forum many times,yes sutton started in the centres,
Its a mistake to let him go,id rather an injury prone AJ leave

southsport

First Grade
Welcome aboard Robby.

Some good points you make re Doueihi but AJ can't be offloaded if he doesn't want to leave and I believe he has said that he wants to stay.
I’m pretty sure that Doueihi is related to cheika ,who recently got on board with the roosters in a assistant coaching role ,and the fact they have just lost Billy Smith with a season ending injury,could be an opportunity to big to knock back,I’d like to see him stay but I don’t think he will,I don’t believe him staying home this week to get his head clear is really true.
It has been said elsewhere that Doueihi and Cheika are first cousins.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
I agree with you about Adam Doueihi, and was hoping they would do exactly that, bring him in off the bench to play in an edge forward rotation, there would be mins there for him, or at lock when Cam Murray is having a rest.

As for Goodwin, I'm pretty sure he was signed last year, around the time Burns got injured, before Jimmy the Jet got signed, and Ethan Lowe was covering at centre

callmack1

Staff member
Welcome aboard mate and I 100% agree! Doueihi already has enough size to be an edge back rower and his tackle breaking ability is exceptional. That will only get better as his body begins to naturally fill out a bit.

I hope he stays.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
I agree with you about Adam Doueihi, and was hoping they would do exactly that, bring him in off the bench to play in an edge forward rotation, there would be mins there for him, or at lock when Cam Murray is having a rest.

As for Goodwin, I'm pretty sure he was signed last year, around the time Burns got injured, before Jimmy the Jet got signed, and Ethan Lowe was covering at centre
I thought he signed after the season finished.
Either way we don’t really need him

Rabbits20

Immortal
Well if Arrow isn’t coming for 2020 you’d think it won’t be long til Wayne pulls one out of the bag, surely we will sign another reasonable forward!

With the pack we have as of right now I don’t see how we can make the top 4.

Also Latrell won’t be able to do as much if we are getting rolled in the forwards.

Rabbit57

Juniors
Great first post! Agree with everything you have said and also would highlight that HD also has the speed off the mark to back up Cook when he darts from dummy half. We were missing that on a number of occasions last year.

There is a lot being said about needing more forwards but if you can’t get the right forward you have to think differently about how you put your 17 together. Doueihi is the sort of player that offers something different off the bench. Rather than four forwards who try to hang on until the starters are ready to come back on you can put on Doueihi and ask him to get the ball and attack. When a replacement can change the momentum in your favour forwards can all go a few more minutes each.

Travitoh

First Grade
It has been mentioned but we see guys like Brandon Smith doing the same thing at their clubs and players like this are doing their careers no harm, they're actually doing their careers the world of good!!

I single this out because i believe it's debatable.

Brandon Smith has reportedly turned down starting jobs for the past couple of years in favour of waiting for Cam Smith to retire and the suggestions are now that Harry Grant has leapt him as Cam's replacement.

Playing the 14 at Souths isn't necessarily the best thing for Doueihi's career imo. Instead of focusing on plying his trade in one position, he'll be spread across a number of spots where needed. I doubt he'll see decent minutes in the halves or at FB without an injury and when the time comes that one of those positions open, it's very likely that someone else who has come up through juniors and reserves will be ready to go.

Sure AD's utility value will be an asset to Souths but for AD, it is more likely to be a hinderance to his career and hold back his earning potential. At Wests he'll get an opportunity to prove himself as a first grade FB where he'll potentially be able to negotiate a better contract than he would if he spends the time playing from the bench.

Last edited: