1. Out Now: The Front Row rugby league magazine

The next edition of our exclusive weekly online e-magazine is here. The Front Row is your ideal guide to Round 12 of the NRL and Super League restart, with news, player stories, results, reports, teamlists, match stats and previews to accompany your weekend of footy viewing ahead.

This week's huge 44-page programme is a milestone in rugby league - the first global match programme covering both NRL and Super League under the same umbrella.

Some great features this week - an important chat Josh Wells has with a concussion expert on the way sports media approach head injuries; Paul Jobber speaks to Connor Watson as the Newcastle hooker position becomes more cursed; and legendary sports writer Steve Mascord joins the team with a piece on how Sunday's Super League restart will work as he interviews Leeds boss Gary Hetherington.

EDITION 10 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

2020 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

Discussion in 'South Sydney Rabbitohs' started by callmack1, Nov 4, 2019.

1. handyman2190

handyman2190 Juniors

He said he was homesick, etc etc now that ex cronulla centre may be ok

2. Travitoh

Travitoh Bench

Bronson Xerri? He won't be available for a couple of years yet.

3. handyman2190

handyman2190 Juniors

Not xeri, everyone knows not just you lolo
    Luetele

4. Travitoh

Travitoh Bench

Haha. That's what i thought.
    Didn't realise Leutele was at Toronto. Decent little player, both would improve the backline.

5. Pauly1

Pauly1 Juniors

Any news on Suaalii signing today??
    Thought he was turning 17 today and able to sign an NRL contract

callmack1 likes this.
  6. handyman2190

handyman2190 Juniors

Just watching canberra qld game and had a thought,what about curtis scott,i heard he wants back to sydney, could be him

7. callmack1

callmack1 Moderator Staff Member

8. Travitoh

Travitoh Bench

Good player but i don't feel his form since leaving Melbourne would justify his asking price. Plus Canberra have already lost Cotric to Canterbury, i doubt they'll let Scott go before getting a replacement in.

9. handyman2190

handyman2190 Juniors

Apparently he wants out of canberra, talk of bulldogs interest, stuarts not happy with him.

10. callmack1

From the Daily Telegraph,

Alex Johnston contract: Growing partnership with Latrell Mitchell could keep flyer at Rabbitohs

He’s back in the headlines after another try-scoring spree, and South Sydney speedster Alex Johnston has oppositio sides jostling for his signature. But a key factor may see him remain at South Sydney.

Alex Johnston’s developing on-field chemistry with Latrell Mitchell could be the key to keeping him at South Sydney next year.

It comes as Johnston’s management revealed “there has been plenty of interest” coming from rival NRL clubs for the off contract flyer.

But while Johnston is already being chased by up to four rivals club, News Corp can reveal that Wayne Bennett is now even more determined to try to find a way to make the salary cap fit so he can keep the much-loved local junior.

Bennett is absolutely loving the way Johnston and Mitchell are combining the more games they play together.

And it was well and truly on show in the 32-24 comeback win over St George Illawarra.

Not only did Johnston finish with a hat-trick of tries that included two run away intercepts, but some of the plays he and Mitchell combined for were just magical to watch.

The issue for Souths now is that after telling Johnston recently that he would need to find a new home, rival clubs are now showing increasing interest.

Johnston’s agent Steve Gillis seemed extremely confident whichever way it goes Johnston would have a choice who he runs out for in 2021.

“He is not going to have any trouble finding a home and we are working through the process,” Gillis said.

“There has been plenty of interest in him.”

Johnston makes no apologies for feeling hurt that the Rabbitohs made the call they did, but he now seems to have accepted that his future could be elsewhere.

“I’m a local junior and I’ve always maintained that I always wanted to stay at Souths,” Johnston told Channel 9 immediately following the win over the Dragons.

“But at the moment it’s not looking likely.

“I think there’s a lot of salary cap issues there.

“Hopefully tonight I put my best foot forward and some clubs get some offers through.”

Bennett said after the game that making the salary cap fit was the problem but he privately hopes Souths can come up with a solution.

The issue might be that the Rabbitohs may struggle to match what some rival clubs may be willing to offer.

Meanwhile, Johnston’s three tries against the Dragons pushed his career tally to 93 tries from just 134 games.

Johnston has set himself the challenge of trying to clock up 100 tries for the Rabbitohs before the end of the season so if he is forced to leave he goes out with a personal milestone.

It could see him overtake the legendary Bob McCarthy at fifth on Souths’ all-time tryscoring list. McCarthy scored 100 tries in 221 games. Nathan Merritt leads the way for Souths with 146 tries from 218 games.

11. callmack1

12. callmack1