What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

assess5

Juniors
The thing with Cody last night was scary as he was on the ground in responsive but he seems fine. He was talking to players after the game. The game which we should have won... fml
Other than the lame shoulder charge he used to knock Addo Carr of his line and for which he got sin binned, did anybody see Allen make a tackle because I watched really closely and I didn't see him make one.

Does anybody have his tackle count?

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors

Travitoh

First Grade
Other than the lame shoulder charge he used to knock Addo Carr of his line and for which he got sin binned, did anybody see Allen make a tackle because I watched really closely and I didn't see him make one.

Does anybody have his tackle count?

Did NSW even break the line to test him?
I get why you question his defence, it is suspect, but for the FB to miss a tackle there is more often than not at least one other missed tackle from the defensive line in front of him. The attacking player has already beaten 12 players.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
I get why you question his defence, it is suspect, but for the FB to miss a tackle there is more often than not at least one other missed tackle from the defensive line in front of him. The attacking player has already beaten 12 players.
True.
I remember critics saying Mitchell is bludging at the back, or he hasn't done much because his tackle count was like 4 or 6, but there's more to it than that.
If your fullback is making 15 tackles in a game your team must be in deep doo doo

assess5

Juniors
I understand that, I understand that NSW didn't throw anything at him, tacklewise, so I guess the big question remains, can he tackle.

You say he is suspect in defense, I say he doesn't have the ability to tackle and so, he isn't able too.

Maybe Bennet could teach but I think you learn the basic tackle skills when your a kid, my brother in law could run like the wind, he played hockey, when they gave him a run in reserve grade as a winger in the local R/League, he couldn't do it, he could run down anything but putting your head near pounding knees and elbows takes a special skill, a timing. He couldn't/wouldn't do it.

I don't believe Mr Corey Allan has that skill either. I hope he goes and I wish him the best, he does have good ball skills, he is quite solid and is good in attack, but he misses the other fifty percent - defense.

Travitoh

First Grade
I understand that, I understand that NSW didn't throw anything at him, tacklewise, so I guess the big question remains, can he tackle.

You say he is suspect in defense, I say he doesn't have the ability to tackle and so, he isn't able too.

Maybe Bennet could teach but I think you learn the basic tackle skills when your a kid, my brother in law could run like the wind, he played hockey, when they gave him a run in reserve grade as a winger in the local R/League, he couldn't do it, he could run down anything but putting your head near pounding knees and elbows takes a special skill, a timing. He couldn't/wouldn't do it.

I don't believe Mr Corey Allan has that skill either. I hope he goes and I wish him the best, he does have good ball skills, he is quite solid and is good in attack, but he misses the other fifty percent - defense.

Wanting rid of a FB because he can't tackle is the equivalent of wanting Josh Hazlewood dropped from the test team because he can't bat.

If they're exposed, it's because of those in front of them.

callmack1

Staff member
Rabbitohs release Bayley Sironen from the remainder of his playing contract: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2...n-from-the-remainder-of-his-playing-contract/

Sironen switches from Souths to Warriors until end of 2023: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/11/20/sironen-switches-from-souths-to-warriors-until-end-of-2023/

What the f**k?! What the hell?! This has come out of absolutely nowhere! No talk, no rumours, all of a sudden, boom. Plus, he only re-signed like two months ago saying how much he loved the club and wanted to stay etc. So what the hell has happened?!! I'm so shocked and so confused.

Sironen is a fantastic player in my opinion, a real star second rower in the making. His development this year has been incredible and he seems like one hell of a bloke. I know he can be replaced but to be honest, I'm gutted to lose him. Shattered. So shocked right now.

Nafedogg

Juniors
Can’t keep players if they don’t want to play. Would you rather keep him if he wants to go and plays a season unhappy? Or let him go, keep our cash and sign someone else?

Travitoh

First Grade
From the outside looking in, it would appear that NZ put an offer forward to Bayly that Souths weren't willing to match. The fact he signed with them for three years suggests a healthy bump in his salary.

Expect the Tautau Moga signing to be confirmed soon.

Rabbit57

Juniors
New Zealand have some good forwards unsigned. Perhaps we can pick up one. Tohu Harris, jazz Tevaga, Leeson Au mau, Karl Lawton. And some useful backs Paul Turner. Patrick Herbert. If we release a player to a club we should be looking for a suitable trade.