What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2021 Crowd Watch

Coastbloke

Bench
Di

Dire. Are the Warriors spreading the Gospel on the CC? How would the Roosters/Knights/Manly draw there?

There's no media. No shopping centre appearances. No interest. CCS is just happy they are playing some matches there..

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Di

Dire. Are the Warriors spreading the Gospel on the CC? How would the Roosters/Knights/Manly draw there?

Knights seem most popular (but we should definitely NOT be moving games)...

I dont understand why sydney clubs dont take their games VsKnights to Gosford though. They would turn a -10k game into a +20k...

Zoe Palmer

Juniors

I dont understand why sydney clubs dont take their games VsKnights to Gosford though. They would turn a -10k game into a +20k...

They would also alienate their own members base by doing so.
Besides that, bums on seats doesn’t matter. If it did Souths would not be playing the Storm on a Thursday night

T-Boon

Coach

What if they did a study and found that by moving 2 games there each year they became a super club and increased their membership by 30% and their average crowd by 3000?

Valheru

Coach

We tried that but lost all 5 games against your lot there so gave it away.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Besides that, bums on seats doesn’t matter. If it did Souths would not be playing the Storm on a Thursday night

It would if clubs weren't lazy and could build decent sized fanbases! Lets say dumping the sht time spots sees TV reduce its deal by 25%. It would cost clubs around $250k a home game on the TV grant. An extra 10,000 fans through the gate is worth at least $500k a game. But hey easier to take the Tv money and play in front of empty stands I suppose?

SouthsCountry

Juniors
Crowd Predictions Round 9:
Souths v Storm 13k
Panthers v Sharks 13k Edit: It's looking more like 16k
Eels v Roosters 28k
Raiders v Knights 5k (McDonald's Park is like 80% hill)
Tigers v Titans 16k (Tommy's match)
Cowboys v Broncos 20k
Sea Eagles v Warriors 12k
Dragons v Bulldogs 13k

Last edited:

Jamberoo

Juniors
It would if clubs weren't lazy and could build decent sized fanbases! Lets say dumping the sht time spots sees TV reduce its deal by 25%. It would cost clubs around $250k a home game on the TV grant. An extra 10,000 fans through the gate is worth at least $500k a game. But hey easier to take the Tv money and play in front of empty stands I suppose?
How is each attendee earning a club $50 each? 25%+ will be kids paying $10. You’re dreaming PR.

Perth Red

Post Whore
How is each attendee earning a club $50 each? 25%+ will be kids paying $10. You’re dreaming PR.

Its not just gate receipts. Significantly higher merchandise sales, more membership sales, increased food and drink sales (leading to better direct revenue or lower stadium rentals depending on situation) higher corporate box sales (much easier to sell to corporates a great night out in a full stadium with buzzing atmosphere than a boring night at an empty one) etc. Ironically it also makes for a better Tv spectacle when there is a big crowd with an atmosphere, makes it feel you are watching a top tier sport not some park footy league.

ps ticket prices are all over the place and not many places you can get a jnr ticket for $10, maybe ANZ only? eg Raiders adults are $35-62 and kids $20-52

Perth Red

Post Whore
All that is wrong with nrl and crowds on show tonight, this game should be at a sell out at bankwest on a Sunday afternoon not an empty Anz on a Thursday night!

Zoe Palmer

Juniors
What games do you suggest for Thursday nights?

Prior to all the injuries and scheduling this game was going to a block buster.
It should never have been scheduled for a Thursday night. The 2 Sunday games this week are poor and were better Thursday options