What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2021 Crowd Watch

Tiger5150

Bench
So the crowd at Leichhardt was only just over 9, 000, it looked more on TV. Gone are the days where you could pack 18-20,000 into the ground, as archaic as the ground is i like Leichhardt because you are on top or so close to the action unlike some of the other sh*t hole suburban grounds.

I was at Leichhardt last night and there is no way the crowd was 9000, much larger. No chance of squeezing double that it and Ive seen some big crowds. My guess is it was 12-13K and they werent supposed to have that many, Penrith style.

horrie hastings

First Grade
I was at Leichhardt last night and there is no way the crowd was 9000, much larger. No chance of squeezing double that it and Ive seen some big crowds. My guess is it was 12-13K and they werent supposed to have that many, Penrith style.

Looking at it on TV I was thinking 14,000 so was a bit surprised when they posted just over 9,000, always hard to tell watching it on TV though when you don’t get a full 360 degree view of the crowd.

Tiger5150

Bench
Looking at it on TV I was thinking 14,000 so was a bit surprised when they posted just over 9,000, always hard to tell watching it on TV though when you don’t get a full 360 degree view of the crowd.

Stands were packed, seating was packed, centre of the hill packed, the edges of the hill empty. Zero chance of squeezing another 9K in (ive been there with 22K).

Hartwood

Juniors
be nice to one year see souths, warriors, knights, Storm and broncos all fighting at top to see if we can finally improve the nrls season crowd avg!
Souths get shit crowds even when they are playing well, if they moved to a semi decent stadium they would be up there though. I mean look at Parramatta, played out of anz in 2017, finished top 4, averaged 14k, since 2019 they would be averaging near 20k, excluding limited capacity games.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Souths get shit crowds even when they are playing well, if they moved to a semi decent stadium they would be up there though. I mean look at Parramatta, played out of anz in 2017, finished top 4, averaged 14k, since 2019 they would be averaging near 20k, excluding limited capacity games.

fait enough, forgot about bankwest factor, swap out souths for eels. With the games fascination for playing in front of sub 10k crowds in regional parks I doubt we will ever see nrl avg break 16k.

The_Frog

First Grade
New is always nice, but it doesn't stay that way. Parramatta Staddium, the one they built in the mid 80s, was exactly the same.

i see the warriors are heading back to NZ , for a home game in rnd 22 for RTS's farewell.

But its at Mt Smart where they'll only get 25K
they're mad.

Needs to be at Eden Park & they will sell that out too at 50K

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Great atmosphere last night. Shame Origin is such a cash cow and we are unlikely to see a regional centre host it again. would love to see Newcastle rewarded with a game.

Latest posts