What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Grand Final: Panthers V Souths

Crashtest

Juniors
There is a good interview with Knowles on the Foxsports site about Edwards injury and how tough he is.

This quote sums him up perfectly:
“(It proved his) toughness physically but mentally he is probably one of the toughest I know.”

He also mentioned about the tough upbringing of some of the players, including the bit below about Crichton. How can anyone not like and admire this young Premiership winning team!

“Everyone was saying we were doing it the tough way through the finals series, which we did.

“But that’s not tough compared to how a lot of them have grown up. I have so much respect for every one of their stories... like Stephen Crichton slept on a floor for about 10 people until the age of 18. I don’t think he had a bedroom until he was 17 or 18.

“That’s tough, these boys have grown up tough, it just suited them to go the tough way.”

The_Frog

First Grade
Watched the replay, the only thing I’ll say is that Kikau on the final play doesn’t even get near the ball with his foot. Being pedantic, that’s a penalty. 40m out and 15 in, you’d back Reynolds to kick it but it would take a special kind of f**kwit to blow that penalty.
Incorrect play the ball is a handover isn't it? Anyway there were umpteen dozen of them throughout the game and the season.

Munky

Coach
View attachment 54739

Look at how well Critter is positioned.

Still watching the ball as it leaves Walker's hands. If the flight was wrong for the intercept he could change his line and move to AJ.

That right side defence was so well coached & prepared every game this year.

Munky

Coach
The space cadet had nothing to do with Penrith winning.

The bloke was shown to be an absolute pretender of a coach at NRL level a decade ago and Bennett ran circles around him last year at Origin level.

Potentially slowed our team's development by not playing some blokes last year.

Meninga won eight in a row due to the cattle, Fittler is no different.

GongPanther

Referee
I’ve enjoyed the last couple of days, even allowing for a two day hangover.

We were brilliant, just outstanding, everyone from all the players, the coaching staff, the support staff, everyone deserves credit.

Just when it seemed luck and fortune had deserted us we found a way to win.

Just outstanding, no other words to describe it.
Just got to get through the obligatory "Grand Final Curse".😲

martielang

Bench
I don't think so. Momo is positioned to continue sliding and imo at worst does enough to for our cover to clean things up.

Yeh I think Momo has Gagai covered if he executes the tackle. If Walker goes himself though, I think we're in big trouble.

Iamback

Coach
Maloney and Cleary won Origin and we won nothing. So it was good to put a stacked roster to work

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Short pass there and we were f**ked. Thank God for Walker

According to Crighton is post match interviews (the next day). The intercept was a planned move.
The players had trained to do just what occured, with our own Peter Wallace playing the role of Cody Walker.
So some planning and thinking went into it all. Just like the week before with the kick try.