What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 NFL Week 1

Frederick

Staff member
Steelers defence will need to do the job to be wildcard fodder at best.
The o-line + a 39yo Roethlisberger gives me the heebie-jeebies.
O line looked shaky in the first half but grew in confidence as the game went on.

Defense frustrated the f**k out of Allen in the second half. TJ may be the star of the team, but Heyward is the beating heart of that defense.

nick87

Coach
Firmly in the "It's just one game and it's only the Falcons" territory here however

- Hurts looks to be improved as a thrower, really put balls into good location and took care of the football
- The OL is legit, it's old, but if they cant stay healthy they'll be a really good unit
- the WRs are significantly better just because they have a legit #1. Smith was excellent on debut
- the offence itself was fun and interesting. Lot of effective movement and motion
- Nick Siriani is clearly an aggressive coach which i like, lot of going for it on 4th down and going for 2. Speaks well of his decision making abilities
- The only thing that stopped the eagles offence was themselves with silly penalties. Chalking that up to first week rust but that needs to get cleaned up
- Defensively, the front 4 is legit and should get consistant and constant pressure against most units. It's blah other than that, but a good pass rush will help the other positions, especially if they're playing with leads
- This appears to be a heavy zone, bend dont break defence and today it bent, and didnt break, typically my experience with eagles defences with this philsophy is that they just break, so that was a nice start.

it was a good, solid, professional win. The type you'd expect for a competent and well run team

Eelectrica

Referee
Dolphins #1 in the AFC East. Hell yeah!
Looks like the defense will be carrying the team, but still a road win against NE isn't a bad way to start the season.

abpanther

Staff member
I reckon 49ers finish last in the division, wasn't impressed at all with the win today and looks like Verrett already gone for the season

shiznit

Coach
lots of questions to be answered…

Gruden and Mayock pretty much cleaning out the O-Line… and going with young kids… 😳😳

Gus Bradley coming in as DC… hopefully he can do something as our defence has been historically bad… even going back to when we had Khalil Mack.

shiznit

Coach
Promising first defensive series by the new look defence…

Mad Maxx about to show the league what we have been screaming about since we drafted him…