What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 PF 1 Fri - South Sydney 36-16 Manly @ Suncorp

Finals Week 3: South Sydney v Manly

• South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

Votes: 19 47.5%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 3 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BunniesMan

Immortal
Manly haven't beat a top 4 side all season and there is quite a divide between Storm/Panthers then Souths, then the rest.
Once the points dry up for Manly they'll get shaky like the Storm game. Their rise from the bottom of the ladder to a prelim has been a shining beacon in an otherwise predictable season.
The Panthers finished with just 1 win more than us in the regular season and we beat them last week. There is no reasonable argument to say they are above us. Storm, us, them, the rest is a better ranking.

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
Manly haven't beat a top 4 side all season and there is quite a divide between Storm/Panthers then Souths, then the rest.
Once the points dry up for Manly they'll get shaky like the Storm game. Their rise from the bottom of the ladder to a prelim has been a shining beacon in an otherwise predictable season.
Ahem Parra were top 4 both times we beat then 😂

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Turbo is playing like a freak but they're not a one man team, DCE has a great controlling influence on Manly.

Souths will miss Latrell in this one but are unpredictable.

This one is harder to pick than a broken nose tbh.

Fangs

Coach
Souths riding high, Manly flying low. Just how Des likes it.

I think Hasler has a bit of lead left in his pencil. Will be an intriguing battle.

Bazal

Post Whore
Turbo is playing like a freak but they're not a one man team, DCE has a great controlling influence on Manly.

Souths will miss Latrell in this one but are unpredictable.

This one is harder to pick than a broken nose tbh.

I'll keep an eye out for Fergo's tips before punting then

Galeforce

Bench
expecting a nail biter.........would not surprise me to see the winner of this game as the Premiers on grand final day.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Souths haven't lost to anyone not named Melbourne or Penrith all season and I see no reason why that will change on Friday night.

They are well rested, very determined after multiple Prelim failures, and very well coached.

Yes Manly have the firepower. But against a top class side they haven't shown it all season so it'd be a giant leap of faith to suggest that it'll happen in a Prelim.

And that's despite the fact that I would much rather Manly win.

roofromoz

First Grade
The Panthers finished with just 1 win more than us in the regular season and we beat them last week. There is no reasonable argument to say they are above us. Storm, us, them, the rest is a better ranking.

I think the 2 regular season wins is a fairly reasonable argu... bloody hell, why am I bothering here.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I think the 2 regular season wins is a fairly reasonable argu... bloody hell, why am I bothering here.
Balanced against the much more recent and much more important match last week, at best the case can be made we are equals, but in no way is there a fair argument that you're a clear level above us.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
I really hope Manly try something silly like that

Trying to out kick Taaffe had us starting on the 30-40m line for large parts of the game
It's far from silly. The kid can't jump yet. And both have substantial height and leap on him. Cleary got it totally wrong as he attempted it from far too far away for chases to challenge.

And you won't get away with block plays on Tom in particular.

yobbo84

First Grade
I wonder if Des would have the stones to drop Harper and pick Moses Suli at right centre. I still get cold sweats over the bath he gave Dane Gagai in that 2019 final.