What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Preliminary Semifinal V Storm

GongPanther

Referee
OK, I'll kick it off with a bold statement by saying that if we take that exact attitude defensively against the Storm, like we did against Parra, it will go along way to nailing another GF spot.

Sure a couple of headaches exist for the attack, but we only have to win by at least a point. But a 24-14 scoreline is what I'm predicting.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Momo out - To'o in. Move Critter back to centre.
I like Kenny but if Ivan is going to play him in the forwards he offers nothing.
We can win this but we need to improve another 50%

Last edited:

Alintheeast

Juniors
It will be good not to be favourites, I think Kenny will be replaced by May. Interesting cherry picked fact the 2003 Spine(W,C,G & P) played together in 25 of the 27 matches that season. In fact Presto played on the wing one game so he wasn’t in the spine.

Fangs

Coach
Whether its Kikau or TPJ we need one of the next to Luai. It's a totally different edge when we have them there. Leinu in for an injured Kikau (Or Leota, I think I saw him hobbling post match).

If Edwards doesn't play I'd take Naden on the right wing. Ivan is all about combos and probably has Staines there but Naden is playing much better football.

So many questions around fitness. May for Kenny is likely but we don't know if he will be fit. Tago is a bit of a wild card here.

WestyLife

First Grade
Critta should be centre, Naden was epic and should get the right wing spot, I'd take another forward instead of Kenny, May. Get Lenui on the bench to help the middles even if only a short stint for fatigue sake.

BxTom

Bench
Critta should be centre, Naden was epic and should get the right wing spot, I'd take another forward instead of Kenny, May. Get Lenui on the bench to help the middles even if only a short stint for fatigue sake.
Agree. Although Naden can have some bad moves, he looks very determined to go out on a high note. He was good under the high ball last night and he is due for a big game.

Abacus

Juniors
If Kikau is out, I'd like to see Capewell move to the left edge & we'll need an edge forward on the bench. I think it has to be May with TPJ, Sorensen & maybe Spencer as the rest of the bench. Tago 18th man again.

I think we can get the Storm but we'll need to kick early to turn their forwards around & get their outside backs doing pleanty of work. Then attack their edges - preferably Crichton at 2nd receiver on the right side with Momo & Edwards outside (I'd like to see Naden on the wing but don't think it will happen).

mxlegend99

Referee
Well our defence in the finals has been top notch. But our attack has been poor. Or rather our finishing has. We have only scored 2 tries and bombed probably 10 or so. Although the one taken from us that Luai scored was bullshit. Eels broke from the scrum early, and then Moses chose to tackle Burton who was basically through the line and had no impact on his ability to defend the try aside from him making a defensive decision on purpose.

Against Storm you can't afford to bomb any try scoring opportunities. They seem to create dozens of them and score of most of them. We need our finishing on point but I dont think we can lift that much that quickly.

martielang

Bench
Momo ain’t going anywhere lads. I doubt anyone is unless injured or returning from injury. Defensively we’re rock solid at the moment.

Critta still needs to look for the ball. Or Cleary needs to get him involved in some plays. Would love to see Momo and Critta swap roles during the game but it doesn’t seem to be in the script for whatever reason.

f**k I was resigned to the fact we lose next week. Now i feel the spirit of the underdog rising.

Katoa in for Kenny.

Fangs

Coach
If Kikau is out, I'd like to see Capewell move to the left edge & we'll need an edge forward on the bench. I think it has to be May with TPJ, Sorensen & maybe Spencer as the rest of the bench. Tago 18th man again.

Big call on Capewell. He has combined well with Cleary on the right. He poked through the line a lot last night.

WestyLife

First Grade
1. Edwards
2. Naden
3. Crichton
4. Burton
5. To'o
6. Luai
7. Cleary
8. Leota
9. Api
10. Fish
11. Martin
12. Capewell
13. Yeo
14. Leniu
15. Sorensen
16. TPJ
17. Hopgood

Assuming Kikau/Kenny injury. Hard to argue with defence so Momirovski isn't an easy leave out there by any means but need better execution in attack. Get some middles to help the fatigue factor.

Munky

Coach
Sounds like May is back next week.

Am improvement on Kenny IMO and can pass left to right.

Would prefer Tago though.

Crashtest

Juniors
1. Edwards
2. Naden
3. Crichton
4. Burton
5. To'o
6. Luai
7. Cleary
8. Leota
9. Api
10. Fish
11. Martin
12. Capewell
13. Yeo
14. Leniu
15. Sorensen
16. TPJ
17. Hopgood

Assuming Kikau/Kenny injury. Hard to argue with defence so Momirovski isn't an easy leave out there by any means but need better execution in attack. Get some middles to help the fatigue factor.
May in for Kenny. To’o in for Naden. Are the only changes I can see Ivan making.

I feel sorry for Naden after his great game last night, especially with how well he went under the high ball. But it would be a worry to move him to the right against the Storm left edge attack.

Alintheeast

Juniors
I am probably the only person here who didn’t know this, the match next Saturday is at 4pm. The South/Eagles Friday at 7:50.

Crashtest

Juniors
From Nathan’s comments today, looks like it is definitely May in and Kenny out for next week. Kikau is a chance to play, with Nathan describing it as a little ankle complaint.

In the same article they quote Brandy as saying To’o will be right to play against the Storm.

Co-captain Nathan Cleary told Channel 9’sThe Sunday Footy Show that Kikau is a chance of playing next week but Kenny will be replaced by Tyrone May.

“I think Kiks will be giving himself every chance. You always want to play in these big games and just speaking to him after the game, he did have a little ankle complaint but we’ve got great physio staff here and they’ll do their best job to get him on the field,” he said.

“Tyrone’s pretty much ready to go, he was almost ready last week. Mitch has got an ankle injury, I don’t think he’ll be right, so it’s pretty much just a straight swap.”

As for Cleary’s shoulder, which looked as if it was bothering him on Saturday, the superstar halfback is confident he’ll be fine to play.

“It’s all good, just a few bumps and bruises, trying to manage it this time of the season. But I’ll be ready to go next week.,” he said.

Latest posts