What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R19 Thu - Parramatta 10-12 Canberra @ Cbus Super

Round 19: Parramatta v Canberra

• Parramatta Eels

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Canberra Raiders

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GAZF

First Grade
The Sivo try call was honestly one of the worst calls we've seen
Its so very clear Brown is offside and is not passive in the play, he's right f**king there 2 metres from the contest
It boggles the mind that every man and his f**king dog picked this up and yet the bunker didnt.

Boggles the mind
It was almost as if Perenara was going through the motions and called onside on first view without thinking. They went back and had a closer look, but it was a face saving exercise at that point.

GAZF

First Grade
Obiously Rapa, Tapine and Hodgo were immense last night. But I've also been enjoing the combo of CHN and Young of the edges the last couple of weeks while Whitehead has been out. When Smelly gets back, I'd expect Young to be pushed back to the bench or left right out, but its a nice headache for the coach to have going into a finals series. If Young is able to play big minutes in the middle, it may be worth playing him as a mobile bench prop.

BadnMean

Juniors
Obiously Rapa, Tapine and Hodgo were immense last night. But I've also been enjoing the combo of CHN and Young of the edges the last couple of weeks while Whitehead has been out. When Smelly gets back, I'd expect Young to be pushed back to the bench or left right out, but its a nice headache for the coach to have going into a finals series. If Young is able to play big minutes in the middle, it may be worth playing him as a mobile bench prop.

Interesting one that. I think Whitehead has been just a step behind the pace of the game on the edge a couple of times this year- started getting pushed off by players who can skip outside him. And we need a lock with mobility & some ball skills for modern footy...

I'd be happy enough with Whitehead moving into the lock position. Tapine plays as a prop & so does Sutton. Probably won't happen this year but it probably should eventually.

GAZF

First Grade
Interesting one that. I think Whitehead has been just a step behind the pace of the game on the edge a couple of times this year- started getting pushed off by players who can skip outside him. And we need a lock with mobility & some ball skills for modern footy...

I'd be happy enough with Whitehead moving into the lock position. Tapine plays as a prop & so does Sutton. Probably won't happen this year but it probably should eventually.
Whitehead to lock is a possibility, but its hard to break up the Hodgson/Starling combo at the moment when its working so well. Its a shame Whitehead isn't a year or two younger where we could have delayed a move to the middle until Hodgson retires.

Canard

Immortal
It was almost as if Perenara was going through the motions and called onside on first view without thinking. They went back and had a closer look, but it was a face saving exercise at that point.

I reckon he was concentrating on the outside backs and just ignored it completely.

It's a huge f**kup in my opinion.

fowlster

Juniors
I must say, it's incredibly satisfying to see the games biggest milker get completely ironed out in the final play of the game.

In the first half, gets a brush across the nose, rolls around on the ground holding the back of his neck.
PENALTY!

shear_joy9

Coach
Some team is going to pay a ridiculous amount of money for Dylan Brown when even as a half his best attribute is his defence. This was the game he needed to step up and leads parras attack and he failed big time. I don’t understand the hype about him

gerg

Juniors
We've really got to see the Eels play the Panthers again at some stage this year. Capewell vs Penisini is shaping up as a real ding dong battle, not to be missed.

Bazal

Post Whore
Some team is going to pay a ridiculous amount of money for Dylan Brown when even as a half his best attribute is his defence. This was the game he needed to step up and leads parras attack and he failed big time. I don’t understand the hype about him

His kicking needs a lot of work (especially his long kicking), but he is a lethal ball runner. Probably the fastest 6 in the comp RN? Or close. Big, strong, fast, and he is a cracking defender you're right.

I kinda feel like people forget he is 21 a month ago.

He's definitely having an off year though. That said I don't think he's ever going to be a leading half and that's why he's at 6 more than anything. Kids a five-eighth, not a halfback. I hope no one woos him with a massive offer cos I think it'd f**k him as a player.