What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R5 Fri - Penrith 30-10 Canberra @ BlueBet

Round 5: Penrith v Canberra

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The_Frog

First Grade
the only satisfaction I get watching Penrith is knowing that half of their team of merkins will either end up in prison or get stabbed.

what a team of f**kwits
Whatever gets you through the night. The mind boggles at the amount of goon that needed to be consumed to post this.

blaza88z

Coach
Penrith are a good team they just do things on the field that make it easy to want to slap them across the face with a rotten piece of meat, such as Crichton getting in the face of Tapine who was doing nothing but waiting to be subbed on

The_Frog

First Grade
Penrith are a good team they just do things on the field that make it easy to want to slap them across the face with a rotten piece of meat, such as Crichton getting in the face of Tapine who was doing nothing but waiting to be subbed on
Lot of niggle in that game. Something might have happened earlier. Tapine is not exactly a shrinking violet.

franklin2323

Immortal

Crichton pulled him into the huddle a bit of banter taken the wrong way

franklin2323

Immortal
'
Lot of variables. I dont think this was our best 17, but yeah you guys were missing some people, but i dont think that impacts things as much as losing a key spine player in game

As a raiders fan i look at this game and think the panthers are clearly better than us, and if both teams played their best, the panthers would win. But i dont think we're out of our depth. I saw enough in this game to think we're capable of an upset, and that's what it would be, an upset, in the finals if we met again there

Some guys in NSW Cup that should be in the top side. I mean running 3 hookers in a squad doesn't allow much flexibility

Nealo 12

Bench
The only thing that bothered me at all about the game (well besides losing lol) from the panthers was the shit with Tapine who was standing there minding his own business. I dont see how Panthers fans can actually defend that
Geese dude hope you get over it you went on all night about it

Last edited:

martielang

Bench
Wasn’t a fan of the Tapine thing to be honest but if ‘the cheese’ did it most of you blokes would be calling him a good old fashioned larrikin.

Exsilium

First Grade
Also as an aside i normally am happy to give it to Rapana for being a rare merkin but in his defence he was absolutely cooked when he gave away the six again. He is loose at the best of times. Just one of those things. Ref got that one absolutely right it was so blatant

You have Caleb Aekins who can play fullback or wing. He’s a decent player and would do the job. I’d put him in for Simo.

don't think the panthers were or are a 20 pt better team then us , that last intercept try was just some late desperation showing from us.
but we aren't playing well enough at this point of the season to sustain long periods of pressure against well organised defences.

Thankfully , premierships aren't won in April. We will improve as the season progresses
On to next week & the eels we go.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Lot of niggle in that game. Something might have happened earlier. Tapine is not exactly a shrinking violet.

Tapine is at times a mad man but in this very specific case he was just standing on the sidelines waiting to be substituted

This is gonna eventually backfire on you guys. We weren't good enough but remember it fired Angus Crichton up enough to almost beat the Panthers by himself. Imagine if that's the grand final and the roosters have 2 points more in them. It's like sledging Brian Lara eventually a player will be good enough.

I don't see the point in the niggle towards Tapine or Crichton (where Luai literally did lash out with his leg unlike rapana) when you are up by so many points. The raiders have lost games carrying on like pork chops see most games against manly in the sticky era

84 Baby

Referee
Wasn’t a fan of the Tapine thing to be honest but if ‘the cheese’ did it most of you blokes would be calling him a good old fashioned larrikin.
I think most people by now have realised Bmith is really just a good old fashioned dickhead

stryker

First Grade
All the constant bitching about Penrith being grubs, cocky, lucky or reminding us about the GF loss only make a win like that more enjoyable tonight. People don't seem to realise that this is the youngest team in the comp, so in truth it really shouldn't have even made the GF last year or be winning so many regular season games in a row. It's a credit to the rapid improvement and development of these players and the strong coaching and training systems. Unless you're a Storm fan, you're in no place to banter this Penrith side at the moment.
No one is saying they aren’t good footballers.
We are just saying they are a very unlikeable bunch of maggots and their supporters are houso trash. That’s all.

Latest posts