What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R5 Sat - Sydney 26-18 Cronulla @ SCG

Round 5: Sydney v Cronulla

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
I look at what he did to Flanagan last year. Flanagan was was ok for you guys last year scored tries kicked goals but still got punted...

Comparing Flanagan to Walker is like comparing Pro Hart to Picasso. Flanagan is a total dud and everyone at the club knew it. He had to really show something last year because the club knew Walker was going to be absolutely special. The chances of Trent Robinson punting him is the same as you waking up tomorrow next to Miranda Kerr.

stryker

First Grade
Sharks played well.
They and the Titans are the best of the pretenders and should play finals.
Losing Graham and Dugan was probably the difference but someone had to step up and lead the comeback.
3 superb cutout try assists and an individual try is an awesome effort from the 18 year old.

I love the early comments in this thread about Sam Walker being a dud, and JWH being mentally challenged. Walker iced the game whilst JWH ran roughshod in the middle gaining more metres (206 metres from 21 runs than both the starting Cronulla props (161 metres combined), and only Daniel Tupou (231 metres) gaining more yardage in the match.

BWNB

First Grade
Only watched the replay once but the hit JWH on CT was soft for the penalty? Or was the penalty warranted?

The_Frog

First Grade
Only watched the replay once but the hit JWH on CT was soft for the penalty? Or was the penalty warranted?
Had enough time to boil a pot of tea after the kick before making the tackle.

I love the early comments in this thread about Sam Walker being a dud, and JWH being mentally challenged. Walker iced the game whilst JWH ran roughshod in the middle gaining more metres (206 metres from 21 runs than both the starting Cronulla props (161 metres combined), and only Daniel Tupou (231 metres) gaining more yardage in the match.

The Sharks ran out of juice with a depleted bench in the last 20 and the Roosters ran roughshod with all the ball. I don't think the Roosters should get too excited about a comeback against a mid-table side with two experienced players down. They play the Storm next week. That will give some idea of where they stand.

Last edited:

horrie hastings

First Grade

Yep definately warranted , it was late JWH threw his arms up to charge down the kick but the kick had already cleared then there seemed a pause of a second or two then Jarrod decided i will still tackle CT, it was late and stupid and everyone around us , even me groaned thinking the stupid Jarrod from the Souths game was back but after that he lifted his game and ran roughshod over the Cronulla pack.

Last edited:

Valheru

Coach
Had enough time to boil a pot of tea after the kick before making the tackle.

The Sharks ran out of juice with a depleted bench in the last 20 and the Roosters ran roughshod with all the ball. I don't think the Roosters should get too excited about a comeback against a mid-table side with two experienced players down. They play the Storm next week. That will give some idea of where they stand.

At the roosters we don't get excited about round 5 victories mate regardless of opponent.

Just like we don't have a meltdown over early season losses.

It's a 6 month process which given the injuries will no doubt be trying at times but at 4-1 we are right on track to be there at the end of season yet again.

horrie hastings

First Grade
I was surprised how soft Cronulla's defence was when Drew Hutchinson scored the try to get Easts back to 18-10, there was absolutely nothing on and Drew just strolled over, up until then Cronulla seemed in control with probably just a big enough lead to hold the Roosters out but with the ease of the Hutchinson try i thought we were still a chance but i wasn't expecting it to happen like it did with Walker exploding out of the box like he did in the last 15 mins.

Latest posts