What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings And News

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Hard one to get a read on last night.

Don't get me wrong, Manly were exceptionally good and will be a big challenge next week however, the Roosters were so poor. I have no doubt if the Roosters played better, the Sea Eagles wouldn't have looked that good.
Agreed, the Roosters started the game like Manly did the week before against Melbourne. The Roosters were a shadow of what they are/could be so I don't think there is much to take out of last night.

I think that Harper looks dodgy in defense, he was made to look very ordinary by Melbourne's left side last week, and he should be the point of attack target by Souths, whose left side is way more threatening than what the Roosters put out on the field last night.

Cherry Evans needs to be rushed and hassled like we did to the Chin last week.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I’m already feeling very nervous for next week. We need to give Turbo no time and DCE fast line speed is critical and hitting them hard.

I’m hoping the week off will really benefit us. Adopt the Storm game plan.

callmack1

Staff member
Aura about him - Why Slater is ready for Queensland coaching job: https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/09/18/aura-about-him-why-slater-is-ready-for-queensland-coaching-job/

From Zero Tackle,

Maroons hoping to piece together legendary coaching cohort

The QRL are keen to add Wayne Bennett to overlook the Maroons' potential new-look coaching strike force, with the departing Rabbitohs coach linked to a senior mentoring position with Queensland.

According to The Courier Mail, the Maroons are nearing an official announcement to appoint Queensland and Storm great Billy Slater as their new senior coach, who will likely be accompanied by close friend, former teammate and NRL legend Cameron Smith in an assisting role.

QRL chief executive Rohan Sawyers has expressed his desire to have Bennett join the Maroons' football operations hierarchy, which could form a lethal coaching box for the state.

Speaking to News Corp, Sawyers said Bennett would be a valuable asset for the Maroons as they look to fill a mentoring role to aid their new era.

“We are still keen for a senior mentor,” Sawyer said.

“Having Wayne involved in any Queensland program at any time would be fantastic.

“We haven’t spoken to Wayne about being in the mentor program at this stage, but if the opportunity came up we would certainly like to talk to Wayne."

Should Bennett make the return to the Maroons, the state's hopes of retaining the State of Origin Shield will grow immensely, with Slater and Smith also taking over the ship from the departed Paul Green.

Bennett led an undermanned and youthful Maroons outfit to a stunning 2-1 series win in 2020, with the Blues taking back the bragging rights this season in dominant fashion.

With an extensive and unparalleled trio of resumes between Bennett, Slater and Smith, the current crop of emerging Queenslanders will be under arguably the best tutelage the state has seen in its history.

That week off is going to inject a lot of much needed strength and energy into the side. Its a huge bonus and gives Wayne an extra week to consider the tactics and bring players up to optimum.

Players like Cam Murray with heavy workloads will be the clear beneficiaries. He’s a freak player anyway across many facets.

One thing Des did really well last night was mix up the play. They worked to pretty complex systems and will keep you guessing.

Theres going to need to be a lot of trust out there in the backline. I don’t think the massive score line v the blurters helps their cause.

You guys seem to like the struggle though.

Manly can have the odd flat game and if Cody and Renno hit optimum it’s game on.

Their forwards are brutal, but they will be up against fresh legs.

Last edited:

Ikonic

Juniors
Was kind of hoping The chooks went a bit harder in defence so as when we verse them they’ll be buggered
Ah well, game on Sea Eagles

Latest posts