What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings And News

Rsag85

Bench
Good to have you back mate!! Hope you've been well.

No idea where the rumour has come from but I doubt it has much to it. Just a rumour.

I'd love it to be true though, would jump for joy if it was but not getting my hopes up.

good to be back, I think Nicholls re signing today is the first of many announcements

callmack1

Staff member
From Zero Tackle,

Bennett rumoured to attract a seven-figure price tag at Redcliffe

With a decision on the 17th club to enter the NRL looming, veteran coach Wayne Bennett has thrown his hat in the ring to be the expansion teams' inaugural coach at a potentially eye-watering price.

While no formal decision has been announced, the Redcliffe Dolphins are poised to be competition's newest team from 2023, joining the Broncos in Brisbane to be the city's second team.

Bennett, who is widely considered to be one of the greatest coaches in the league's history, hails from Queensland and it is looking all but certain the 71-year-old will take the reins of his state's newest team.

Prior to the 2021 grand final, Bennett spoke to ABC Sport about his upcoming departure from South Sydney, and his future in the game.

"I just decided to come home to Brisbane. I don't want to go back to Sydney or anywhere else." Bennett said.

"If a job opportunity comes up in Brisbane that suits me then I'll grab it.

"But I'm not leaving Brisbane."

While not officially commencing in the competition until 2023, it's reported that Bennett has already signed a deal with the Dolphins, a role that Daily Telegraph journalist Michael Carayannis speculates will cost the club close to six-figures.

“He’d be worth probably around that $800,000 mark I’d suggest, nudging towards $1 million,” Carayannis said on SEN 1170 Breakfast.

“It’s the perfect fit for both parties, Wayne wants to go back to Queensland and when you go back to Queensland there’s only a couple of jobs.

“The Titans job isn’t opening up any time soon with Justin Holbrook there, he’s not returning to Brisbane and the Cowboys are a bit shaky, would he try to go there?

“Remember he’s got some history at the Cowboys considering he wanted to go there and the person he was speaking to said, ‘I need to go to the board’, to which Wayne said, ‘Thanks, but no thanks’, that was a few years ago.

“It makes sense that the Dolphins would look at Wayne and that Wayne would look at the Dolphins.

“He can set up the club, that’s something he hasn’t done in a while, he played a large part in setting up the Broncos so he knows what it takes.

“I think it’s a great deal for both parties.

“He’ll get announced as the new coach in the next couple of weeks.”

SEN host Andrew Voss speculated that Bennett would be commanding a higher price, given his status within the game.

“I don’t think he’s getting anything less than $1 million, Wayne Bennett,” Voss said.

“I think there’s going to be seven-figures on the annual salary of Wayne Bennett for the new club.

“It’s a bit like the (GWS) Giants with Kevin Sheedy, they need the name at the head of the club for the next 12 months so straight away people are excited.

“They’ve got credibility, people are excited because Wayne Bennett will be there.”

Bennett has won seven premierships as a senior coach, including six for the Broncos. The NRL is expected to unveil the 17th franchise in the coming week.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Sam Burgess was the only recruit to pass SAS selection here is what he said on instagram afterwards:

I will post highlights of the final ep in here tomorrow.

Here is what Sam said:

“When I agreed to do this course I set myself two simple goals....

Be totally honest with myself
Complete the course

“Throughout the experience, I grew enormously through pain and discomfort, through joy and teamwork, through fatigue and food deprivation but most of all by being vulnerable enough to share this, become better at understanding myself and in turn reveal true character.

“Thanks to (show hosts) @antmiddleton @jason_carl_fox @ollie.ollerton and @billingham22b.

“You’re all amazing men with a great outlook on life. We can all learn if we truly listen to words spoken.

“To all fellow recruits - congratulations on having the courage to say yes.

“I learned something new each and every day, so I thank you for that. And to the recruits standing next to me at the end, well done - your spirit and determination was unwavering.
“Finally - I am doing the work.
“Day by day, step by step. Hopefully continuing to inspire and show we can all rise.
“Lots of love, Sam.”

Latest posts