What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings And News

Anyone know anything about this kid?
AFL legend Adam Goodes and rugby league immortal Andrew Johns have teamed up to mentor two of the brightest NRL prospects going through the ranks.

Both Goodes and Johns joined forces before the COVID-19 shutdown to teach sacrifices and resilience to the two sons of former South Sydney and Roosters grade player, Troy Rugless.

Rugless’ eldest son, Kobe, 18, currently plays under 20s for the Sydney Roosters and has represented NSW and Australia at Oztag. He also has two Australian boxing titles to his name.

While Kobe’s younger brother Zane is considered to be one of the best 14-year-old outside backs coming through the system.

Labelling them as “immortals in their respective sports,” Rugless admits he made the most of his connections by having his boys under the care of two of Australia’s most successful athletes.

“They are the perfect people to teach my sons about the sacrifices, resilience and the realities of being an athlete,” Rugless told Telegrah
“Joey also did some skills with the boys and they loved it.”

handyman2190

Bench
More importantly, how do Souths stop the Roosters stealing him back when he turns seventeen and an half.
Thats a good question,we obviously must have put him on some sort of scholarship involving money,so we pay him then at 17 gets poached like traitor suuali, not good

southsport

First Grade
More importantly, how do Souths stop the Roosters stealing him back when he turns seventeen and an half.
Thats a good question,we obviously must have put him on some sort of scholarship involving money,so we pay him then at 17 gets poached like traitor suuali, not good
These days it's just as likely that Souths will take players from the roosters such as Latrell and Tallis Duncan, times have changed. ;) :D

southsport

First Grade
I’d rather us make a play for Lomax who is set to leave St George, I really rate him.
There's money for Lomax too, with Reyno and Gagai gone next year there could be $1.5m available or even more, Milford will probably only take up about $300k.

handyman2190

Bench
There's money for Lomax too, with Reyno and Gagai gone next year there could be $1.5m available or even more, Milford will probably only take up about $300k.
Southy dont forget, the problem was originally we didnt have enough money left in the cap to resign about 15 players so alot of that money saved will go towards resigning nichols burns etc because we lost mago a forward,prop must be found,unless davy moal takes magos place ,milf will take benjis, so we need a centre

Travitoh

First Grade
While my mind was wondering at work today i had a thought - what about Lachlan Lewis as a ball-playing edge forward? I don't believe there'll be much of a demand for him as a half and at 190cm, he's tall enough to be able to put on extra size required and is capable of going head to head with bigger forwards as we saw a few years ago when he took on and held his own against Sam.

Not likely to happen i admit but the thought intrigues me.

Travitoh

First Grade
Southy dont forget, the problem was originally we didnt have enough money left in the cap to resign about 15 players so alot of that money saved will go towards resigning nichols burns etc because we lost mago a forward,prop must be found,unless davy moal takes magos place ,milf will take benjis, so we need a centre
Looking at replacement options for each outgoing player in their most recent position from within the club.

Reynolds (7) - Hawkins, Ilias, Ta'affe
Su'a (12) - Host, Gardner, Duncan
Mago (16) - Moale, Sele, Tatola
Gagai (3) - Milne, Burns, Paulo
Benji (14) - Ta'affe, Mamouzelous, Kalo Kalo

There is a whole squad of players sitting in reserve on less money than what it'll take to recruit squad players from another club. The more the club recruits from outside, the less cap space it'll have when it really needs it for renewals.

southsport

First Grade
Handy, I don't really buy this "we have cap problems" line, I think Souths just cry poor so that player managers don't try to screw them over.