What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings And News

Man.. I don’t know how long or if he is signed for next year but Stefano Utikamano (?) would be a great addition to our forward pack.. dude is a beast
Stefano Utoikamanu made his first-grade debut for the Parramatta Eels in Round 9 of the 2020 season — going on to play three games in total in his rookie season. With previous experience for New South Wales U/18's and the Australian Schoolboys, the promising Utoikamanu looms as a key forward for the future and will look to take the next steps in his career at Wests Tigers, where he is signed through at until the end of the 2023 season.

callmack1

Staff member
Rabbitohs sign Anthony Milford for Season 2022: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2021/07/30/rabbitohs-sign-anthony-milford-for-season-2022/

Finally we have confirmation and it is all settledf. Finally!! It's not the kind of signing I jump out of my chair at but I'm not unhappy with it. Milford was one of the best in the comp not that long ago and I still believe that with a change of environment and a club that can really push him, he can get back to that. He has to. For him personally, this is his last chance in the NRL. He simply has to work hard, make it work and get back to his best. There is no other way. If it doesn't work out, we've signing him on the cheap so it will be no great loss to flick him.

Also, you look at reasons why he was struggling in Brisbane. Up there, he is the leader. He is a senior player there that has to run the team. At our club, he's coming into a side that already has an established spine, established leaders and plenty of superstars. At Souths, he can just settle in with little pressure and I'm really hoping he'll thrive off the back of that.

The only objection I have to this signing is if he's going to walk straight into a starting halves role. In my opinion, We need Taaffe of Ilias at Halfback and Milf off the bench, otherwise, he's just holding the youngsters back. I also don't want to see Cody move into a halfback role. he needs to stay at 5/8. He's able to do what he doesn because he's often at second reciever and the Halfback (in our case Reyno) gives him the time and space to put on those special plays. I feel that if Cody is at first reciever, our main attacking weapon will be blunted.

Certainly adds an interesting element to 2022. But that's next year. For now, let's focus on winning the bloody thing this year!!!

callmack1

Staff member

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Dudes, what's going on with Mario?
Don't know - the radio guys wouldn't say, they "pretended" they didn't know anything.

I've heard separately it's early onset of dementia but - caution - I've got no direct contact or confirmation.

These are the types of outcomes the NRL is now trying to avoid in the future with their crackdown on head high tackles - only they seem to have backed off quite a lot from their initial stance.

Jim Rockford

Bench
Don't know - the radio guys wouldn't say, they "pretended" they didn't know anything.

I've heard separately it's early onset of dementia but - caution - I've got no direct contact or confirmation.

These are the types of outcomes the NRL is now trying to avoid in the future with their crackdown on head high tackles - only they seem to have backed off quite a lot from their initial stance.
I'm not the religious type, but I'm sending as many positive waves to Mario that I can muster. All the best to an absolute Rabbitohs Legend!

big hit!

Bench
Too many folks looking at this as a straight swap for Reynolds.

$350k is about average salary. It's for one season. This is not starting HB money, and if he happens to regain his mojo then it will be a classic 'buy the dip!' Milf was on $1m for each of the last 4 or 5 seasons.

In contrast, Reynolds is going the other way for about $800k for the next 3 years.

The club has options in Hawkins, Taafe, and Illias and then has Cook and Milf as well. I can't see Ilias becoming a starter next season as he is now losing another half season of development. JD will need to make a decision on Taafe or Hawkins, and I'm leaning to Taafe at the moment.

assess5

Juniors
This is a great point that shouldn't be overlooked.
If that's the way south sydney operate, if that's the new south fockin sydney, if they knife Reynolds and buy that fockin loser, Milford, bye bye rabbitohs, as far as I'm concerned (since 1967).

Message for Rusty 'shove it up your fockin arse cacksucker'

Jim Rockford

Bench
If that's the way south sydney operate, if that's the new south fockin sydney, if they knife Reynolds and buy that fockin loser, Milford, bye bye rabbitohs, as far as I'm concerned (since 1967).

Message for Rusty 'shove it up your fockin arse cacksucker'
I seriously wonder if this is the same club I've been supporting for decades. The Souths I've always supported wouldn't operate this way.

BradS

Juniors
I seriously wonder if this is the same club I've been supporting for decades. The Souths I've always supported wouldn't operate this way.
Just as long as you but I couldn’t support another team

In 2000 I come out of retirement and played A grade for 2 years so that my dad had a team to support

Jim Rockford

Bench
Just as long as you but I couldn’t support another team

In 2000 I come out of retirement and played A grade for 2 years so that my dad had a team to support
I feel exactly the same. When we were booted I gave up on rugby league totally. There was no way I could support anyone else. Also, I'll bet your Dad is as proud as punch to have a son that would do that for him.

Latest posts