What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 RLWC (D) Wk1 - TON 24-18 PNG @ St Helens

Harrigan

Juniors
That Lolohea seems to have matured a shitload from the guy who played for the Tigers and Warriors. Good signs for the Tongan spine if he continues. If Katoa puts together good form....watch out.

He was young. He just needed extended time in the halves and has had that at Salford and Huddersfield. Fine tuned his game and has turned into a good playmaker.

yobbo84

First Grade
No idea how the shot clock went off after like 15 seconds at the end there... Bizzare

Not as bizzare as Koloamatangi playing dummy half though! Bloke does have skills

Wizardman

First Grade
He was young. He just needed extended time in the halves and has had that at Salford and Huddersfield. Fine tuned his game and has turned into a good playmaker.
I have not followed him since he left our shores but from his ESL stats over the years, he has seemed to have put together a decent career at the Old Dart. The guy has always had "something" that just never matured here. He definitely looks a different player which is great to see.

Gobsmacked

Bench
We always talk about the Tongans and Samoans in the same way but their polls apart in terms of attitude.
Tongans moving the ball well and getting over the advantage line. We know they are big and strong but thier skill , speed and structure looks great. The young guys standing tall.
PNG doing well against what looks to me to be a genuine contender!

Harrigan

Juniors
I have not followed him since he left our shores but from his ESL stats over the years, he has seemed to have put together a decent career at the Old Dart. The guy has always had "something" that just never matured here. He definitely looks a different player which is great to see.
Its all thanks to Dave Furner. He gave up on him at Leeds after about 5 games (his first 5 games in the halves too) and forced him out. Lolohea hasnt looked back since and Furner got sacked a month or so later 😂

Harrigan

Juniors
We always talk about the Tongans and Samoans in the same way but their polls apart in terms of attitude.
Tongans moving the ball well and getting over the advantage line. We know they are big and strong but thier skill , speed and structure looks great. The young guys standing tall.
Wolff is a decent coach too which helps. Brings a winning mentality and knows how to get a team organised.

Gobsmacked

Bench
The little bit more time and space in superleague can certainly help some players games develop. The speed and pressure in the NRL can stunt the growth of some players.
If a guy like Milford went to SL a couple of years ago, he'd be a better player today imo

Wizardman

First Grade
Absolutely!!! I'd say 6+ years ago, they were quite similar to Samoa. This Kristian Woolfe seems to have really unlocked something within the guys in that team. They have had a hell of a recent crop of good forwards lately.......but the coaching setup and confidence from recent success seems to be serving them well.

Wizardman

First Grade
The little bit more time and space in superleague can certainly help some players games develop. The speed and pressure in the NRL can stunt the growth of some players.
If a guy like Milford went to SL a couple of years ago, he'd be a better player today imo
We have seen how a bloke like Blake Green turned out to be a decent player when he came back to NRL.