What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 RM Cup & Sydney Shield

Parraman2

Juniors
How many will st marys beat Windsor by this week end?
I reckon they’ll put 60 points on them in SS looking at the team Windsor is going to run out. Apparently Yates has recruited 3 new blokes for SS who haven’t done a preseason, pretty sure that will backfire. and I would think the other blokes already in the squad would be really pissed off.

that could be about right. Looks like they have lots of injuries, some blank names on the team sheet. They must be depleted and have no one left. Do they not have a feeder club?
no feeder club would make it hard to find quality.

Who did Yates recruit I don’t see any new names on the team list?

imgunawin72

Juniors
that could be about right. Looks like they have lots of injuries, some blank names on the team sheet. They must be depleted and have no one left. Do they not have a feeder club?
no feeder club would make it hard to find quality.

Who did Yates recruit I don’t see any new names on the team list?
New names in the blank spots for SS on Saturday 1 hour before kick off. He has a habit of recruiting his sons mates.

imgunawin72

Juniors
Does he?
From watching one of their trials against hills they need all the help they can get to compete.
Ha ha maybe. They started with one team in the first half of the hills trial that got flogged , then ran out a different team for the second half that did much better.
One of yates sons mates played in the first half.

Last edited:

imgunawin72

Juniors
As expected st marys put 60 odd on Windsor SS.
The new recruits that Yates made the Windsor SS coaches play were hopeless.
The bloke that played on the right wing wouldn’t get a start in a 3rd division A grade team.

Last edited:

imgunawin72

Juniors
Were they Parra 20s that Windsor had to play due to agreements ?
I don’t think there is any agreement between parra and Windsor. Besides the two new blokes didn’t look fit , so they can’t have been training anywhere else. I don’t know where they came from.

TigerDen

Juniors
I don’t think there is any agreement between parra and Windsor. Besides the two new blokes didn’t look fit , so they can’t have been training anywhere else. I don’t know where they came from.

Chris Yates joined Windsor with a platform of building the club I to a viable competition contender. Without a feeder club, this would be achieved by developing players with a base of older players to support and mentor. Injuries included, Shield have fielded 29 players in their first four games. Given their young age and experience, current players need support with the future in mind. Otherwise, the club will be back to square one next season.

imgunawin72

Juniors
Chris Yates joined Windsor with a platform of building the club I to a viable competition contender. Without a feeder club, this would be achieved by developing players with a base of older players to support and mentor. Injuries included, Shield have fielded 29 players in their first four games. Given their young age and experience, current players need support with the future in mind. Otherwise, the club will be back to square one next season.
Ok interesting comment. I agree it will be difficult for Windsor without a feeder arrangement. However they have more talented and experienced players in their SS squad that have not played for the last 3 weeks. It appears Yates is telling the SS coaches who they must play.
It was clear last weekend that the 2 blokes Yates brought in were not ready for that level of footy, neither were fit for starters.
Yates has done exactly the same things at Windsor that he did at Cabra.
He has a history of recruiting his sons mates at the expense of better players.

Parraman2

Juniors

starting a club from scratch would be tough. Besides not many top line players would want to travel out to Windsor. They were in a worse position after round 1 last year player wise.
Saint Mary’s will be very hard to be and could almost compete with their 3rd
String team in Sydney Shield.
Wouldn’t expect them to make many changes this week and still compete and Win against West’s and East Campbelltown.

Brothers v Hills looked like it went as expected Hills a bit too fast for the older experienced heads at Brothers.

Going to be a tough battle in both Grades to make up the finals I think anyone in both grades can grab a spot!

Parraman2

Juniors
Ok interesting comment. I agree it will be difficult for Windsor without a feeder arrangement. However they have more talented and experienced players in their SS squad that have not played for the last 3 weeks. It appears Yates is telling the SS coaches who they must play.
It was clear last weekend that the 2 blokes Yates brought in were not ready for that level of footy, neither were fit for starters.
Yates has done exactly the same things at Windsor that he did at Cabra.
He has a history of recruiting his sons mates at the expense of better players.

What players do they have missing out? Could another club possibly pick these players up? I’m sure if they were good enough they would be banging the door down trying to claim their first win.

do they have an AGrade at Windsor?

imgunawin72

Juniors
What players do they have missing out? Could another club possibly pick these players up? I’m sure if they were good enough they would be banging the door down trying to claim their first win.

do they have an AGrade at Windsor?
They have better players than some of the blokes that they have been playing. It’s nothing but political.
For example they played one of Yates sons mates in the first 2 games, he let in 3 tries in the first game and 2 in the second game before he got hooked at the 20 minute mark. Then surprise he starts in their 3 rd game. They have better more experienced players who have missed out.
I would think some of the blokes missing out are looking around at other clubs.

Parraman2

Juniors
They have better players than some of the blokes that they have been playing. It’s nothing but political.
For example they played one of Yates sons mates in the first 2 games, he let in 3 tries in the first game and 2 in the second game before he got hooked at the 20 minute mark. Then surprise he starts in their 3 rd game. They have better more experienced players who have missed out.
I would think some of the blokes missing out are looking around at other clubs.

I’m sure you or your son will get a game soon sounds like sour grapes ?

imgunawin72

Juniors
I’m sure you or your son will get a game soon sounds like sour grapes ?
Ha ha it’s not sour grapes mate.
I have watched a lot of this level of footy. And I have seen how Yates operates, like I said it’s political.
If Yates let the SS coaches pick the right team Windsor would be more competitive.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Annual reminder this forum is not the place for any personal gripes or attacks to be played out. If you wish to continue things about specific people, do it off the forum. Thanks.