What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rnd 24 V Wests Tigers

Pomoz

Bench
3. Purtell
4. Franze

A centre pairing that would put the fear of God into any man.
And by that you mean the fear of God into their own teams fans and players. A black hole with a gravitational pull so strong, no Steeden that goes in is never seen again. A pairing so slow the opposition winger and centre take a small book with them to read when they are defending against them. "Quick, they have made a break". The opposition centre looks up to see Franze in full flight. He continues reading his book, finishes the chapter and runs Franze down tackling him 10m short of the line. Outside him the unmarked Rooney is stretching his hamstrings after the pleasant walk down the sideline watching Franze advance down the field like a glacier forming in the Arctic.

Fear is the right word.

Last edited:

Fangs

Coach
I remember Franze turning into Jamie Lyon the last month after he'd already signed elsewhere.

He went through a real purple patch. Hogging the ball as always but scoring plenty of tries.

A hattrick in one of his final games against the Bulldogs had the Panthers ruing their decision to let him go. He also scored a try on the buzzer against Brisbane to win the game.

Fangs

Coach
My favourite memories of Paul Franze were actually watching Luke Rooney perform on his outside. I'd never seen a winger throw their arms up in the air in disbelief as much as Rooney did in 2005.

He was a fan favourite and rightly so, when he was on he was unstoppable.

Like Kikau he didn’t always deliver his best but he was a terrific player and had a great career.
Yeah, if I remember right he was used off the bench as an impact player.

He was your about your best player.

Now Gowie had his off-felid issues, but his passing game was second to none.

Trindall - And he was about the best player in reserves week after week and then when he got promoted, he’d only rarely excell, which is a shame.

Kilkenny

Coach
Yeah, if I remember right he was used off the bench as an impact player.

He was your about your best player.

Now Gowie had his off-felid issues, but his passing game was second to none.

Trindall - And he was about the best player in reserves week after week and then when he got promoted, he’d only rarely excell, which is a shame.
Craig Gower shouldn’t be remembered for his mistake at the Jack Newton golf day. Made a mistake, most of us have in our life time. Gowie is a terrific fellow, bit of Aussie Larkin about him and maybe today’s society doesn’t allow for such which is a shame really.

I remember fondly the day tricky Trindall made his long awaited NRL debut at home. It was so well deserved, long time coming, but we’ll deserved. Shame his son didn’t kick on, he was a tremendous talent. Could of been anything really had he had the desire and commitment. Real shame he was a great young footy player.