What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 - Forum Scapegoat?

carinashark

First Grade
Widening the remit to the coaching staff. The second half lack of points. Players need better direction at half time. But Im not that impressed Cam McInnes, not bending the line , not inventive like Brailey and his lateral movement can be slow.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Widening the remit to the coaching staff. The second half lack of points. Players need better direction at half time. But Im not that impressed Cam McInnes, not bending the line , not inventive like Brailey and his lateral movement can be slow.
He really is a hooker doing his best in the middle

Frenzy.

Immortal

Is it his job to bend the line? Knowing what we do of Fitz' game philosophy I'd be confident surmising that his main job is as the plug. He's coming back from an ACL injury remember. It can take another year (more or less) on top of the surgical recovery to gain confidence in the knee again to be able to do more complex movements like quad drives and rotational stress. Some players are never the same after an ACL e.g. Wade Graham and McInnes has had ACL and MCL in the same knee

He's not floating my boat either to be honest but the jury is out for now. I don't expect to see his best till late in the season.

As to players needing better direction at halftime. Can you tell us the directions they are given please? Just so we can all know how far they are straying from the coaches instructions. 😂

carinashark

First Grade
Frenzy , I cannot tell you what directions the players received at half time. As for needing better direction perhaps that is self evident even though they gave 100% they could not score the points needed to win.
As for Cam being the ‘plug’ . Then he has to stop running (as fast as he can) at an oncoming defensive line that pick him up and throw him on the ground .I will add your info about Cam McInnes to the Fitz , bedding in/ ‘waiting list’/ 2024.

ghoti

Bench
Frenzy , I cannot tell you what directions the players received at half time. As for needing better direction perhaps that is self evident even though they gave 100% they could not score the points needed to win.
As for Cam being the ‘plug’ . Then he has to stop running (as fast as he can) at an oncoming defensive line that pick him up and throw him on the ground .I will add your info about Cam McInnes to the Fitz , bedding in/ ‘waiting list’/ 2024.
Remember one Danny Nutley who got such quick play the balls in '02 that Gus had the NRL introduce dominant/surrender tackle rule so players could lay all over him?

McInnes has heavy Nutley vibes to some of those hit ups, nice quick good in the ruck.. Brandon Smith model.. I think he's more effective than he looks in that sense

shaggs

Coach
Can some of you NRL coaches tell us what Mciness defensive stats are like?
We all know that he was smoked when playing on the edge. I think you will find that he is the “plug” in the middle that is required.
He is a small body middle that is a link and defender.
anyone who expects JT like charges from a guy 30 kilos less is living in the 2000s.

Fifita played a role when the starters were going forward and laid a platform. Last few games this hasn’t happened.

Williams is underdone and playing like he did when fatigued in 2020.
80 full minutes in Reggie’s wouldn’t hurt.

As for the coach giving a better rev up? Are we all serious and think that he says, switch off and take it easy for the next quarter.

Marchad

Juniors
Can some of you NRL coaches tell us what Mciness defensive stats are like?
We all know that he was smoked when playing on the edge. I think you will find that he is the “plug” in the middle that is required.
He is a small body middle that is a link and defender.
anyone who expects JT like charges from a guy 30 kilos less is living in the 2000s.

Fifita played a role when the starters were going forward and laid a platform. Last few games this hasn’t happened.

Williams is underdone and playing like he did when fatigued in 2020.
80 full minutes in Reggie’s wouldn’t hurt.

As for the coach giving a better rev up? Are we all serious and think that he says, switch off and take it easy for the next quarter.
Last week he did 45 tackles and had 2 miss tackles

Latest posts