What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 FW1 EF Sun - Sydney 14-30 South Sydney @ Allianz

Finals Week 1: Sydney v South Sydney

• Sydney Roosters

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 11 45.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2022 - Finals Week 1
Sydney Roosters v South Sydney Rabbitohs
Allianz Stadium, Moore Park, Moore Park (TICKETS)
Sunday 11 September 2022

NRL kickoff 4:05pm

SYD2022TEAM.png

1. James Tedesco 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Paul Momirovski 4. Drew Hutchison 5. Joseph Suaalii 6. Luke Keary 7. Sam Walker 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Sam Verrills 10. Siosiua Taukeiaho 11. Angus Crichton 12. Nat Butcher 13. Victor Radley
Interchange: 14. Connor Watson 15. Egan Butcher 16. Adam Keighran 17. Matthew Lodge
Reserves: 18. Kevin Naiqama 19. Terrell May 20. Oliver Gildart 21. Fletcher Baker 22. Siua Wong

SOU2022TEAM.png

1. Latrell Mitchell 2. Alex Johnston 3. Isaiah Tass 4. Campbell Graham 5. Taane Milne 6. Cody Walker 7. Lachlan Ilias 8. Tevita Tatola 9. Damien Cook 10. Mark Nicholls 11. Keaon Koloamatangi 12. Jai Arrow 13. Cameron Murray
Interchange: 14. Kodi Nikorima 15. Hame Sele 16. Thomas Burgess 17. Siliva Havili
Reserves: 18. Blake Taaffe 19. Jaxson Paulo 20. Davvy Moale 21. Michael Chee Kam 22. Josh Mansour

A-REF-Y-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Ashley Klein
Sideline Officials: Kasey Badger, Dave Munro
Video Referee: Grant Atkins​

Last edited:

BunniesMan

Immortal
Match of the round. I also think the winner of this will beat the top 4 loser in week 2 of the finals and be a real chance of making the big dance.

Souths 19-18

This Year?

Immortal
I think the Roosters will win again, but the contest will take a heavy toll on them. It didn't in 2018 though.

yobbo84

Coach
The Roosters haven't conceded a try in the opening 20mins since Round 16 vs the Panthers.

If they start fast again, they win.

If Souths can get an early lead, I think we'll go on with it.

The start will be dynamite.

Danish

Referee
First kick return from Latrell will set the tone for the entire match.

we’ll be swarming him like a pack of dogs and he’ll be charging back like a wounded bull. whoever gets the upper hand in that will go a long way to winning IMO.

If I were coaching Souths though, I’d be spending this entire week running plays to my right. We had a hugely weakened right left side defence last week but Souths are so programmed to go left they only really exploited it once (for the unlucky obstruction call). If they go there consistently they’ll expose Hutch and either Momo or an underdone Tupou eventually.

yobbo84

Coach

we’ll be swarming him like a pack of dogs and he’ll be charging back like a wounded bull. whoever gets the upper hand in that will go a long way to winning IMO.

If I were coaching Souths though, I’d be spending this entire week running plays to my right. We had a hugely weakened right left side defence last week but Souths are so programmed to go left they only really exploited it once (for the unlucky obstruction call). If they go there consistently they’ll expose Hutch and either Momo or an underdone Tupou eventually.
If we play one-out you'll win. Souths need to shift early and often and we'll score 5 tries.

zombiebloodlust

Juniors
With Joey Manu out it brings the bunnies right back in to this. Then Souths outside backs (aside from Latrell and Johnston) are absolute garbage so they need all the help they can get

I’m not convince that Trell is over his groin problem. Granted he’s a lazy merkin the best of times but he’s not running atm and his kicking is out too.

Danish

Referee
I’m not convince that Trell is over his groin problem. Granted he’s a lazy merkin the best of times but he’s not running atm and his kicking is out too.

I see it differently.

latrell is not a metre eater. He’s never been the type of fullback to scratch out 200m off of 25 carries like Teddy or Slater would.

he is a big moments player who objects himself when he sees an opportunity. If he does have a 200+ metre game it’s generally because he made 2 x line breaks and racked up 100 metres in just those runs.

his best games for Souths this year often had him barely making 10 runs. In fact he rarely seems to take hard carries or kick returns when he is on.

on Friday he looked to have strayed from that. For some reason he sought out contact in those first 4-5 sets and attempted to get Souths on the front foot taking hit ups which is not his style. He got smashed for his troubles and that led to us dominating the first half.

souths need to keep him from getting sucked into a grudge match and roosters will be massively tempting him into one with the same aggressive approach we had last week

Valheru

Coach
tough without manu
To be blatantly honest, we should have enough to beat the rabbits without Manu. Beating the likes of Penrith and Parra without him is a different story.

If we can't beat souths without Manu then we deserve to be eliminated because i don't think he makes such a difference that we go from not being able to beat souths without him (with the rest of the team at full strength) to winning the comp with him