What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 GF | PREMIERS - Penrith 28-12 Parramatta @ Accor

Grand Final: Penrith v Parramatta

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 58 66.7%
  • Parramatta Eels

Votes: 26 29.9%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wittyfan

Referee
Panthers cry foul as Eels get jump on grand final tickets

Penrith have taken a stand for clubs throughout the NRL amid concerns next Sunday’s grand final could turn into a Parramatta party 36 years in the making.

Penrith expressed their concerns to the NRL that Eels fans had a 24-hour head start on Panthers supporters when it came to buying grand final tickets with certainty.

The Panthers didn’t get to play last year’s decider in front of their fans, but they know the importance of the support from the stands amid concerns Accor Stadium could be a sea of blue and gold on grand final night. Given the cost of a seat and the desire of the Eels army to see their team play in a decider that could end a 36-year drought, the Panthers wanted their concerns heard.

“[Penrith district chief executive] Matt Cameron was in touch with the NRL about this because we don’t think it’s fair for the two teams who played in the second prelim,” Panthers group chief executive Brian Fletcher said. “The Parramatta fans get the jump – a chance to buy seats knowing for certain their team is in the grand final. It will enable them to have an edge too in support, and I think it’s something that needs to be looked at in seasons to come. Ticket sales should be blocked off completely just before the first preliminary final and opened again on the Monday morning.”

The Panthers even contacted Souths about their concerns, but the Redfern outfit was happy with the NRL’s explanation.

The biggest impact of a one-sided grand final crowd I’ve witnessed was in 2016 when Cronulla fans screamed their team to victory against the Storm, ending another lengthy title drought.

Following Penrith’s complaint, the NRL spoke with the club and Souths on Saturday night to address their concerns. The NRL said a limited allocation of tickets was made available after Friday night’s preliminary final. The same allocation of tickets was also available after last night’s preliminary final, allowing both winning teams access to the same allocation. However, Parramatta fans can actually access both those ticket allocations.

The NRL says members of both grand final clubs will get an exclusive window to an additional allocation on Monday morning, followed by a general public final release. The NRL says the ticket process is consistent with previous years and ensures parity across the competing clubs.

Ha! They'd complain about anything.

Upsets are always possible.

but Penrith are on another level to anyone else it’s like they play a different sport

they aren’t even firing on all cylinders yet either they can literally score from any position on the field

waqa Blake is going to be parras Achilles heel. Even if parra are dominating, one Nathan Cleary torp changes the whole game in an instant

parra winning it would be amazing for their long suffering fans

the atmosphere should be eeletric
I agree but Penrith don’t seem to carry their dominating, in-season form into the finals period for some reason. Maybe the others lift their game more and run them close. I’m not prepared to back against them, however.

mxlegend99

Referee
I agree but Penrith don’t seem to carry their dominating, in-season form into the finals period for some reason. Maybe the others lift their game more and run them close. I’m not prepared to back against them, however.
Panthers have scored 59 points and only conceded 20 in 2 finals matches this season. They've basically continued their regular season form this year.

Well best you could expect considering how many games they've all missed lately. I think getting their first back to back games in 5+ weeks will help them start the grand final a bit faster than they did against South's.

AdelaideSharky

Juniors
Panthers cry foul as Eels get jump on grand final tickets

Penrith have taken a stand for clubs throughout the NRL amid concerns next Sunday’s grand final could turn into a Parramatta party 36 years in the making.

Penrith expressed their concerns to the NRL that Eels fans had a 24-hour head start on Panthers supporters when it came to buying grand final tickets with certainty.

The Panthers didn’t get to play last year’s decider in front of their fans, but they know the importance of the support from the stands amid concerns Accor Stadium could be a sea of blue and gold on grand final night. Given the cost of a seat and the desire of the Eels army to see their team play in a decider that could end a 36-year drought, the Panthers wanted their concerns heard.

“[Penrith district chief executive] Matt Cameron was in touch with the NRL about this because we don’t think it’s fair for the two teams who played in the second prelim,” Panthers group chief executive Brian Fletcher said. “The Parramatta fans get the jump – a chance to buy seats knowing for certain their team is in the grand final. It will enable them to have an edge too in support, and I think it’s something that needs to be looked at in seasons to come. Ticket sales should be blocked off completely just before the first preliminary final and opened again on the Monday morning.”

The Panthers even contacted Souths about their concerns, but the Redfern outfit was happy with the NRL’s explanation.

The biggest impact of a one-sided grand final crowd I’ve witnessed was in 2016 when Cronulla fans screamed their team to victory against the Storm, ending another lengthy title drought.

Following Penrith’s complaint, the NRL spoke with the club and Souths on Saturday night to address their concerns. The NRL said a limited allocation of tickets was made available after Friday night’s preliminary final. The same allocation of tickets was also available after last night’s preliminary final, allowing both winning teams access to the same allocation. However, Parramatta fans can actually access both those ticket allocations.

The NRL says members of both grand final clubs will get an exclusive window to an additional allocation on Monday morning, followed by a general public final release. The NRL says the ticket process is consistent with previous years and ensures parity across the competing clubs.

Penrith whingeing about something, I'm shocked.

Would love to see Parra win and take the trophy off those insufferable smug bastards. Always the victim.

Yeah he's not rep level. Angus Crichton was the real issue. Stood around while 2 Queenslanders flogged Matt Burton
That game gave me the shits the way they let qld basically bully them. Was a fair ole softcock performance.

I'm sure they'll talk a big game before the 1st one next season before rolling over like always.

Eelectrica

Referee
Surely Penrith can't get lucky against Parra 3 times in a row,last year's finals we were rorted with the trainer debacle,this years finals we lead 8-7 after 51 mins and then Moses got injured and turned the game

Parra are more talented but Penrith are more lucky
Well I wish Penrith lots of luck. May Chins boots fall apart as he takes the field and Ivan's hair fall out so he's a bald as BA and most of the Parra fan base. Also may Kiks ugg boot hair become sentient and he have a game like to 2020 GF.

Yes, lots of luck to Penrith.

big hit!

Bench
they have a shot at the treble >_<

Quadruple actually.

Won SG Ball in April - came back from 0-20 against Roosters
Won Flegg this afternoon - came back from 6-18 against Newcastle
Currently ahead in NSW Cup with 30 mins to go
NRL next week.

Newcastle made some dumb decisions in the Flegg match. Went for tries on two occasions when they should've set up for field goals.

Ruby Roundhouse

First Grade
Quadruple actually.

Won SG Ball in April - came back from 0-20 against Roosters
Won Flegg this afternoon - came back from 6-18 against Newcastle
Currently ahead in NSW Cup with 30 mins to go
NRL next week.

Newcastle made some dumb decisions in the Flegg match. Went for tries on two occasions when they should've set up for field goals.

Yeah that's right. I watched the flegg match earlier

This one is down to the wire as well