What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2022 NRL Draw discussion, speculation

Vee

First Grade
There won't be any more lockdowns, but stupid (yet again) to have Storm away in Rnd 1, then at home Rnd 2 the same time as the opening of the AFL season across the road.
Are Melbourne not asking that this happens every year? If not, why not?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
There won't be any more lockdowns, but stupid (yet again) to have Storm away in Rnd 1, then at home Rnd 2 the same time as the opening of the AFL season across the road.
No fixture out yet so hopefully they don't go with Richmond-Carlton first up lol

Jamberoo

Juniors
Are Melbourne not asking that this happens every year? If not, why not?
It is insanity. Most AFL fans have a soft spot for Storm. The week before AFL starts and the bye week before the AFL finals (NRL Rnd 24) are the only times Storm has the opportunity to play a game without competition - the MCG is just 300m from AAMI so it means no car parking, packed trains, no chance of getting into a pub or restaurant pre-game or post game. Ridiculous. At least we have a big home game v Roosters in Rnd 24, but it feels like we have an away games most years in Rnd 1.

Jamberoo

Juniors
Possibly not in NSW or Vic but I doubt you can say that definitively for Qld or WA based on their respective records to date.
By March we will be just about the most vaccinated country in the world. Even Qld will be well over 90%. COVID will is no chance to impact next season.

Timmah

Staff member
By March we will be just about the most vaccinated country in the world. Even Qld will be well over 90%. COVID will is no chance to impact next season.
Until a vaccine-resistant variant weasels its way in 😉

Curious as to why the Warriors are stuck in Redcliffe until June when the Breakers and Phoenix (NBL/A-League) are fine to travel the Tasman, and the Super Rugby competition starts in February which should be a huge litmus test for Warriors games at home.
hmmmm
seems like you're not correct here

the phoenix are still stuck in Australia , playing a home game at WIN stadium this afternoon.

Last edited:

Timmah

Staff member
Hmm seems like they played matches at the end of the last season in both Wellington and Auckland.
They played a single game in each city at the end of last season, before Delta even hit Australia. Not sure that's terribly relevant to the current discussion.

Neither side you mention are scheduled to return to NZ to play matches until at least Feb (Breakers) or currently not yet confirmed at all (Phoenix).

Tigers1986

Juniors
They played a single game in each city at the end of last season, before Delta even hit Australia. Not sure that's terribly relevant to the current discussion.

Neither side you mention are scheduled to return to NZ to play matches until at least Feb (Breakers) or currently not yet confirmed at all (Phoenix).

You wait 24 hours to get your shot in. Yawn. Get a grip of yourself. Fact is, they played a match and so did the Super Rugby back in May. It works with the protocols in place.

Timmah

Staff member
You wait 24 hours to get your shot in. Yawn. Get a grip of yourself. Fact is, they played a match and so did the Super Rugby back in May. It works with the protocols in place.
It wasn't a shot and time is irrelevant. I don't check every thread every day.

As for your following assertion, a lot has changed since May. Ignoring that is unhelpful.

Jamberoo

Juniors
Omicron says "hi".
Haven't you heard the news - Omicron is actually our way out of this. A most contagious, less serious strain that will give the non-vaxxed the herd immunity they were talking about 18 months ago. We need to spread it around ASAP.

Tigers1986

Juniors
It wasn't a shot and time is irrelevant. I don't check every thread every day.

As for your following assertion, a lot has changed since May. Ignoring that is unhelpful.

Don't insult me. You can't resist a shot. Jog on.

Yes, a lot has changed. Vaccine rates are high in both nations too. Get over yourself.

flippikat

Bench
Haven't you heard the news - Omicron is actually our way out of this. A most contagious, less serious strain that will give the non-vaxxed the herd immunity they were talking about 18 months ago. We need to spread it around ASAP.
Hold your horses.

It COULD be a "more contagious, but milder" variant, BUT the strain needs to be studied first.. to get a conclusive measure of what we're dealing with.

The last thing we want is a version of Covid that's more contagious than Delta & just as brutal, growing like wildfire just because we pinned our hopes on it being a decent "natural immunizer".

Jamberoo

Juniors
Hold your horses.

It COULD be a "more contagious, but milder" variant, BUT the strain needs to be studied first.. to get a conclusive measure of what we're dealing with.

The last thing we want is a version of Covid that's more contagious than Delta & just as brutal, growing like wildfire just because we pinned our hopes on it being a decent "natural immunizer".
I am an optimist. Lockdowns are done. Life is back to normal.

Timmah

Staff member
Don't insult me. You can't resist a shot. Jog on.

Yes, a lot has changed. Vaccine rates are high in both nations too. Get over yourself.
Vaccine rates weren't high during this year and restrictions changed due to outbreaks. These are facts and illustrate why comparing May to now is irrelevant.

Tigers1986

Juniors
Vaccine rates weren't high during this year and restrictions changed due to outbreaks. These are facts and illustrate why comparing May to now is irrelevant.

And now they are, and restrictions have eased. I swear to God it'd be pissing down and you'd be on here describing the different categories of rain. Picking an issue for the sack of picking an issue. Jog on.

Timmah

Staff member
And now they are, and restrictions have eased. I swear to God it'd be pissing down and you'd be on here describing the different categories of rain. Picking an issue for the sack of picking an issue. Jog on.
I'm not picking any issue. You said in your original post, the first part of which was demonstrably false:
Curious as to why the Warriors are stuck in Redcliffe until June when the Breakers and Phoenix (NBL/A-League) are fine to travel the Tasman, and the Super Rugby competition starts in February which should be a huge litmus test for Warriors games at home.
Neither Breakers nor Phoenix are fine to travel the Tasman right now - Breakers will play away at least in December and January according to the NBL fixture, while the Phoenix are in Wollongong for the forseeable future with no matches scheduled in NZ as yet.

The second half of your post I agree with - assuming it can go ahead, Super Rugby Pacific will be a good litmus test for the Warriors and their ability to play in NZ. It could see them bring forward their homecoming but I imagine this far out there are simply too many variables and they're playing it safe.

Latest posts