What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 NRL ratings

Perth Red

Post Whore
With the current economic environment they could pick up some good assets cheaply

vlandys has said he wants to future proof the game so I wonder what he invests in

I’m worried the clubs or players will try and get it as a one off special grant.
They already are, grants have gone up 20% and players just got a bonus as there was a surplus.

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
With the current economic environment they could pick up some good assets cheaply

vlandys has said he wants to future proof the game so I wonder what he invests in

I’m worried the clubs or players will try and get it as a one off special grant.
It`s an interesting point. In his job with NSW racing one of V`landy`s main strategies has to put money back into the the participants either through increased prize money or the money that all runners get for participating and it has been very successful. As he always says you have to reward the participants.
Given this ethos you`d think he might be tempted to reward the players but I`ve no doubt that he is also thinking of his other main strategy, which he has also been very successful at, and that is increasing the number of revenue streams. This would suggest he would be looking at some sort of income earning fixed assets as well.

Wb1234

Referee
It`s an interesting point. In his job with NSW racing one of V`landy`s main strategies has to put money back into the the participants either through increased prize money or the money that all runners get for participating and it has been very successful. As he always says you have to reward the participants.
Given this ethos you`d think he might be tempted to reward the players but I`ve no doubt that he is also thinking of his other main strategy, which he has also been very successful at, and that is increasing the number of revenue streams. This would suggest he would be looking at some sort of income earning fixed assets as well.
They seem keen on rising income from bookies. They’ve already increased it around ten mill pa. They seem keen on the us market with that news corp betting thing

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Smith did a fast deal with channel nine not fox. Your getting it mixed up
Smith did a good deal with nine considering Free to air is on it's last legs. Good enough deal to upset Rupert.

I was referring to V'landys as rushing it through.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Vl
Smith did a good deal with nine considering Free to air is on it's last legs. Good enough deal to upset Rupert.

Vlandys is a news ltd stooge, what would you expect? He signed us up to a 5 year extension at our point of weakness during the pandemic for $100mill less for goodness sake.

Wb1234

Referee
An
Vl

Vlandys is a news ltd stooge, what would you expect? He signed us up to a 5 year extension at our point of weakness during the pandemic for $100mill less for goodness sake.
Then got 100 million more due to the dolphins lol

Been explained manytimes but the PVl haters ignore it.
So once more try to grasp what happened.
Covid ...sport put on hold.
The ARLC was close to breaching the contract for failing to provide the content they were contracted to provide.
So a new reduced contract was signed
PVL and Co were not negotiating from a good position .
Little money in reserve to fall back on.
No other media were interested lol according to PR he thinks
there were
So tell me...whatwas Pvl to do
You and your perth mate seem to tgink there was a far better solution.
So enlighten us.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The ARLC was close to breaching the contract for failing to provide the content they were contracted to provide.
there were
So enlighten us.
Sign the 2 year renegotiation, wait and see what covid did then sign a 5 year new contract once we were out of the woods and not agree to $100mill reduction. Seemd to work for the other mob.

Perth Red

Post Whore
there were
So enlighten us.
Besides it was all smoke and mirrors so Vlandys could announce expansion was paying $20mill a year but Fox and Ch9 didnt have to pay anything for it.

Wb1234

Referee
there were
So enlighten us.
Vlandys admitted if he had his time again he would never have stopped the competition

Hugh marks used covid to pressure the nrl down then foz jumped on board too

afl in the end of the day did similar cuts

the only mistake was making it a 5 yr deal for fox but he had the dolphins up his sleeve to get the contract up

he made sure clubs got extra funding to manage through covid and still managed a massive surplus this year

the only people that hate vlandys are afl fans

Perth Red

Post Whore
Vlandys admitted if he had his time again he would never have stopped the competition

Hugh marks used covid to pressure the nrl down then foz jumped on board too

afl in the end of the day did similar cuts

the only mistake was making it a 5 yr deal for fox but he had the dolphins up his sleeve to get the contract up

he made sure clubs got extra funding to manage through covid and still managed a massive surplus this year

the only people that hate vlandys are afl fans
Stopping the comp wasnt the issue, that was done with best info available at time, signing up to a 5 year Fox contract at time of weakness in May 20, that was seriously dumb. Maybe if he hadn't we'd have got the same then ADDED the value of expansion on top? I mean he negotiated the deal right at the start of the pandemic when no one knew how long or if it would last. If he'd waited to end of year the picture was clearer that things would return to normal before a new deal started.

Wb1234

Referee
Stopping the comp wasnt the issue, that was done with best info available at time, signing up to a 5 year Fox contract at time of weakness in May 20, that was seriously dumb. Maybe if he hadn't we'd have got the same then ADDED the value of expansion on top? I mean he negotiated the deal right at the start of the pandemic when no one knew how long or if it would last. If he'd waited to end of year the picture was clearer that things would return to normal before a new deal started.
Everyone makes mistakes

heck you even hated the bears once

Perth Red

Post Whore
Everyone makes mistakes

heck you even hated the bears once
A $100million mistake is some mistake lol. He gets such a free ride. Not even a mention of the court case he just lost trying to stop NSWRL funding, pathetic. Can you imagine any other NRL chair or CEO signing a $100mill reduced deal and everyone being happy with it? I guess when you're best friends and doing favours for media pals thats what happens.

Wb1234

Referee
A $100million mistake is some mistake lol. He gets such a free ride. Not even a mention of the court case he just lost trying to stop NSWRL funding, pathetic. Can you imagine any other NRL chair or CEO signing a $100mill reduced deal and everyone being happy with it? I guess when you're best friends and doing favours for media pals thats what happens.
Gallop
Smith
Whittacker
Greenberg

literally your hatred of him is just irrational. He’s even backtracked from the rusted on afl states comment

I’m sure gallop or Greenberg would absolutely love their jobs back

Perth Red

Post Whore
Gallop
Smith
Whittacker
Greenberg

literally your hatred of him is just irrational. He’s even backtracked from the rusted on afl states comment

I’m sure gallop or Greenberg would absolutely love their jobs back
Less hate, more dismay at times. Whast very funny, and a little sad, is that people on here like you are happy to give him a free pass at costing the game $100mill because he says bad things about the AFL lol

Wb1234

Referee
Less hate, more dismay at times. Whast very funny, and a little sad, is that people on here like you are happy to give him a free pass at costing the game $100mill because he says bad things about the AFL lol
Yes that’s the reason

not because he got the nrl started against everyone’s wishes including the afl

or adding the dolphins

or providing record funding to clubs whilst showing a massive surplus

of course his digs at afl are a bonus. I think they fear him tbh