What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 NRL ratings

Diesel

Coach
AFL in Wellington is about as popular as afl in Shanghai

5 years in Wellington, two games a year. Played 3 games and canceled it

AUSTRALIAN Rules will be showcased on Anzac Day in Wellington for the next five years after St Kilda sealed a deal that locks the club into the fixture until 2018.

Just over five months after the Saints and Sydney Swans made history by playing the first game for premiership points on international soil, the club's agreement with the Wellington City Council has been extended.

There had been suggestion the Saints would move to play two games a season in Wellington following the commercial success of their April 25 game this year.

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
The channel 9 commentary is pathetic!
They simply use whoever was the best players 🙄
What about someone who can articulate themselves, ad to the contest?
All I hear is been there done that, would have done this should do that 🙄
Peter Sterling was great, always hyped it up and simply offered a technical analysis.
Sadly the salty , bitter and arrogant Gould is an infectious toxic blight on our game 😔
Sterling was great , Slater is as good. Cameron Smith has been a huge disappointment - I thought he may have been another Slater - but just turns out to be just another blokey buffoon that gives League a bad name.
An example from last Friday night`s game:
Johns : " sometimes the uglier a kick the better "
Smith : " did you say kick ?"
Much guffawing all round. Tell me what other sporting code world wide would you hear such an exchange on prime time Tv. Depressing, embarrassing and just f**king hopeless.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Sterling was great , Slater is as good. Cameron Smith has been a huge disappointment - I thought he may have been another Slater - but just turns out to be just another blokey buffoon that gives League a bad name.
An example from last Friday night`s game:
Johns : " sometimes the uglier a kick the better "
Smith : " did you say kick ?"
Much guffawing all round. Tell me what other sporting code world wide would you hear such an exchange on prime time Tv. Depressing, embarrassing and just f**king hopeless.
They really don't help the public perception of the game that's for sure. I watch the NFL shows and games and cant believe how professional their ex players on the panels etc are compared to the low brow we get dished up. Catering to the lowest common denominator I guess. Thankfully for $30 a month we only have to put up with it from Ch9 4 times a year!

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
They really don't help the public perception of the game that's for sure. I watch the NFL shows and games and cant believe how professional their ex players on the panels etc are compared to the low brow we get dished up. Catering to the lowest common denominator I guess. Thankfully for $30 a month we only have to put up with it from Ch9 4 times a year!
I put up with it 4 times a week !

Frank Burge

Juniors
Looks like that Penrith/Storm game went close to 1.2m last Thursday night, last night looks like it will hit 1m+ as well. Tonight should be huge , might be biggest TV game of the year

Pink Panther

Juniors
Do you know if the storm and broncos are on main channel in Melbourne tonight ?
no the movie The Green Mile with Tom Hanks is on the main channel 9 channel

Rugby League cant even get the biggest Storm game of the year played live in Melbourne on the main channel to its audience

Jez!

No wonder if you walk down a Melbourne street and say "Carn the Storm" they say "is it going to rain again?"

Perth Red

Post Whore

Rugby League cant even get the biggest Storm game of the year played live in Melbourne on the main channel to its audience

Jez!

No wonder if you walk down a Melbourne street and say "Carn the Storm" they say "is it going to rain again?"
Come on, country house hunters and a 23 year old film, I mean who isnt going to be tuning in?
Ch9 are merkins, and the NRL are merkins for letting ch9 f**k the game so badly.

Frank Burge

Juniors

Jez!

It is a really good movie though

The_Wookie

Bench

Jez!

Seven are doing the same to the Lions in Brisbane tonight with Better Homes and Gardens and Father of the Bride

The_Wookie

Bench
Don`t get it, I swore I read the Storm/Panthers game was on 9`s main channel in Melbourne last week and drew 60 000.

Thursday night with no AFL on up against it. No chance of it rating well in Victoria tonight with the Demons playing Brisbane 1v 4 in the final round. and Brisbane needing to win to have a shot at a home final.

Perth Red

Post Whore
How many's the green mile going to draw realistically? Would NRL really do that much worse? Why would ch9 care, they've lost the evening to seven anyway? Makes zero sense.

Its weird that only 12k more people tuned in for souths v penrith compared to Storm v penrith the Thursday before. You'd think there'd be more interest in Sydney for an all Sydney clash?

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
Thursday night with no AFL on up against it. No chance of it rating well in Victoria tonight with the Demons playing Brisbane 1v 4 in the final round. and Brisbane needing to win to have a shot at a home final.
It seems the Storm are on a slow upward trajectory as opposed to the slow downward trajectory of the swans over the last 15 years.
This doesn`t surprise me as Melbourne viewers start to appreciate the gravitas of League as opposed to the flimflammery of fumbleball.

Perth Red

Post Whore
It seems the Storm are on a slow upward trajectory as opposed to the slow downward trajectory of the swans over the last 15 years.
This doesn`t surprise me as Melbourne viewers start to appreciate the gravitas of League as opposed to the flimflammery of fumbleball.
One things for sure, if NRL spent as much growing the game in Victoria as AFL does in NSW then Storm would be way ahead by now!

Latest posts