What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 NRL ratings

Colk

First Grade
well done to the 105k die hards who sat through that sht! I watched the red carpet and turned it over. so fitting it was at a racecourse lol

Do you have to criticise everything. It is an awards night - that’s never interesting

Perth Red

Post Whore
I’d argue that award nights are never interesting
someone needs to invent awards night bingo where you have a shot everytime you cross off a box of some nonsense phrase someone says or something that people always do at awards night! That would make it fun. The only interesting bit of what I watched was Jake T weirdly swaying around whilst being interviewed. It was very bizarre lol (and the whose got the hottest partner comp which is always a crowd winner)

Colk

First Grade
Go easy mate, he referred to himself as ` ever the optimist ` the other day. Nearly choked on my cornflakes when I read that one.

Look I agree with him on a fair few things: V’Landys is a terrible negotiator, we got incredibly dudded on TV deals, our crowds could and should be better and we should expand the competition outside of our traditional strangleholds but in saying that not everything is worth criticising because not everything is important.

Like an awards night isn’t important. The pre match entertainment at the grand final isn’t really important.

Billythekid

First Grade
Look I agree with him on a fair few things: V’Landys is a terrible negotiator, we got incredibly dudded on TV deals, our crowds could and should be better and we should expand the competition outside of our traditional strangleholds but in saying that not everything is worth criticising because not everything is important.

Like an awards night isn’t important. The pre match entertainment at the grand final isn’t really important.
It's not really important but the dally M's is a laughing stock. It's crazy how little anyone cares about it.

Colk

First Grade
Part of it I reckon is to do with the format. Everybody knows who is leading heading into the last third of the season

Colk

First Grade
Laughing at the fact that SEN have a News Ltd journalist on saying that we should revert the RL Grand Final back to an afternoon. They are so transparent

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
It's not really important but the dally M's is a laughing stock. It's crazy how little anyone cares about it.
The thing for me is that I just wonder as League fans we`re just not into that sort of thing, just like the pre and post match shows don`t rate well for League either.
It`s obviously not because we don`t love the game, it`s just we want the action not all the nonsense that surrounds it. Unlike some of our rivals.
Having said all that I suppose we really shouldn`t give up on it, but work towards making it an event that can draw an audience.

Billythekid

First Grade
The thing for me is that I just wonder as League fans we`re just not into that sort of thing, just like the pre and post match shows don`t rate well for League either.
It`s obviously not because we don`t love the game, it`s just we want the action not all the nonsense that surrounds it. Unlike some of our rivals.
Having said all that I suppose we really shouldn`t give up on it, but work towards making it an event that can draw an audience.
I don’t think that’s it. All through the year I hear casual discussion around the dally M’s and whilst I don’t think it’s a big deal there is clearly a casual level of interest. Yet despite all the coverage of NRL this week no one cares about it and it’s because the event itself is painful to watch.

Steel Saints

Juniors

If there was quality discussion in the pre and post match shows, then people may tune in.

Latest posts