What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 NRL ratings

Colk

First Grade
Fox and Kayo pulling almost 800k out of the circa 2m??
Makes us negotiating with fox only even worse. 1. We are far more valuable to fox, and were locked in.
2. FTV won't pay as much looking at those trends.

I would suggest that has been the case for a while. Why would you watch Channel Nine’s coverage if you had the choice not to?

Wb1234

Referee
Not even on a combined basis. Metro was 750k each vs. 2.1m AFL metro for their GF?
I thought afl got 2.1 million ? Maybe that wasn’t including regionals

Looks like it was excluding regionals

The_Wookie

Bench
I thought afl got 2.1 million ? Maybe that wasn’t including regionals

Looks like it was excluding regionals

still VOZ regionals (NT/Tas) to be added to this (and last weeks NRL prelims). First 2 weeks of NRL finals didnt make VOZ top 20 listings or Tas regional lists.

Perth Red

Post Whore
nrlw good game, be interesting to see it’s ratings. Around 41k got in early to see it according to tannoy.

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
Penrith are as tiresome to watch as Melbourne in their heyday, the perpetual lift and drag back is against the spirit of the game, suffocates opposition attack and makes game so bloody boring. This will be the ratings disaster the NRL deserve. What neutral would be won over by that dross.

Billythekid

First Grade
Penrith are as tiresome to watch as Melbourne in their heyday, the perpetual lift and drag back is against the spirit of the game, suffocates opposition attack and makes game so bloody boring. This will be the ratings disaster the NRL deserve. What neutral would be won over by that dross.
Dumb opinion TBH. They’re an exciting attacking team and frankly people are angry mostly because they’re so good. So I guess just like the storm yeah.

Colk

First Grade
Dumb opinion TBH. They’re an exciting attacking team and frankly people are angry mostly because they’re so good. So I guess just like the storm yeah.

It’ll change anyway. You see people writing that this is the end of the world or that the competition is f***** but dominant teams are fairly common. Another team will come up or Penrith will drift a bit. There is always some ebb and flow with these things.

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
That`s what I find especially frustrating, like Melbourne they don`t need to do all that rubbish to win. Whereas Melbourne did it on the ground, our genius coach Cleary has realised you can do the same thing if you keep the player off the ground and you can get away with it. All it does it kill opposition`s attack (within the letter of the law I admit) and makes games boring.
Knock me but wait to you see the ratings in non-League states, because they`re the ones who will tune out first when they see dross.

Colk

First Grade
That`s what I find especially frustrating, like Melbourne they don`t need to do all that rubbish to win. Whereas Melbourne did it on the ground, our genius coach Cleary has realised you can do the same thing if you keep the player off the ground and you can get away with it. All it does it kill opposition`s attack (within the letter of the law I admit) and makes games boring.
Knock me but wait to you see the ratings in non-League states, because they`re the ones who will tune out first when they see dross.

It’s a shame because a great grand final would have been perfect after the fumbleball grand final.

Nevertheless, I wouldn’t stress too much. These things change over time. They will lose a few players. Other teams will get better. The competition I feel will even out a little more next year.

Wb1234

Referee

still VOZ regionals (NT/Tas) to be added to this (and last weeks NRL prelims). First 2 weeks of NRL finals didnt make VOZ top 20 listings or Tas regional lists.

Agreed

penrith play eyes up football better than anyone else

They can score from anywhere and we ruthless about it

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
Cut that shit out in the tackle, get rid of our referee`s obsession with calling every dropped ball a knock-on so we see more open and broken field play and get rid of six-again for the charge-down and we will have one of the most attractive, exciting sports to watch in the world - bar none.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Sounds like we need some more knee jerk Vlandys rule changes lol

boring game that was effectively over after 20mins. Now I know what other fans felt like when Storm were dominating lol

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
penrith play eyes up football better than anyone else

They can score from anywhere and we ruthless about it
I have absolutely no argument with that at all. But like the Storm they don`t need to do all that shit in defence to win games.
You`re a die-hard and like many die-hards you don`t care, but if you think that we are going to grow the game if that stuff pervades the game you are wrong. That stuff won`t win over neutrals. Rugby League can be so much better.
What do you think the idiots like so much about fumbleball - continuity - who ever invented that game was clever: no knock-ons; no off-side; no forward passes and as much as we hate other ridiculous elements of it - it flows. And that`s what they love. We can have the same, but without the shit.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
The thing for me is that I just wonder as League fans we`re just not into that sort of thing, just like the pre and post match shows don`t rate well for League either.
It`s obviously not because we don`t love the game, it`s just we want the action not all the nonsense that surrounds it. Unlike some of our rivals.
Having said all that I suppose we really shouldn`t give up on it, but work towards making it an event that can draw an audience.
Our rivals hype it up because they have nothing else. They always go on about medals and best and fairest club awards because they have no real honours.
We go on about rep football playing for your state and country. Real honours. We have the other stuff but dont make a big deal about it like AFL do.

Latest posts