What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 off contract Sharks

This is whats left of our off contract players for 2022 (according to zero tackle)

Jayden Berrell, Kade Dykes, Andrew Fifita, Wade Graham, Braden Hamlin-Uele, Mawene Hiroti, Royce Hunt, Jonaiah Lualua, Jack Martin, Matt Moylan, Briton Nikora, Franklin Pele, Ryan Rivett, Aiden Tolman, Jack Williams

with the Dolphins looking more desperate for players every day, I thought I'd look at our players they may be targeting.
BHU, Royce, Nikora, Williams and Pele could be in their sights, and maybe the Berrel kid if he turns out ok.
I reckon we may lose a couple of them.

Last edited:

Special K

Coach
Honestly there is nobody there I would die if we lost now we have kept Brails.

I'd agree Nikora and BHU are probably the most at risk that we should be worried about. I would like to keep both but I could see BHU going to the warriors and Nikora going to QLD where his family is. Ideally you replace them with Pele and Wilton.

Williams is apparently a fav of Fitz already.

Pele could be anything or a fizzer so I will trust the clubs judgement there. Same with Lualua who has massssive wraps from people at the club. Him and Stonestreet have impressed this pre season so far.

Graham I hope comes back but I can't see it. Fifita and Moyza is cap space. If all three leave you have some serious cash.

Royce I need to see more from.

Berrel makes sense to go back to QLD after getting some experience down here possibly. Same with Martin

Interesting there is six props coming off contract(didn't include Williams).

Tiger Shark

Bench
Agreed, now we have Brailey locked in I'm not fussed about any of those players. Though if Williams keeps improving he's next on my list to keep.

There is a few props off contract so losing all of them would mean we'd need to go buy a few but I think we need a refresh in the prop department anyway so need to lose a few.

Who we keep I'm not sure but you'd assume its Tolman and Fifita's last years. Pele is probably cheap so keep him to see how he develops. Hunt needs to prove himself with being out basically the whole year and skipping out when his kid was born. Uele hasn't really kicked on like we'd like.

Tiger Shark

Bench

I'd agree Nikora and BHU are probably the most at risk that we should be worried about. I would like to keep both but I could see BHU going to the warriors and Nikora going to QLD where his family is. Ideally you replace them with Pele and Wilton.

Pele could be anything or a fizzer so I will trust the clubs judgement there. Same with Lualua who has massssive wraps from people at the club. Him and Stonestreet have impressed this pre season so far.

Graham I hope comes back but I can't see it. Fifita and Moyza is cap space. If all three leave you have some serious cash.

Berrel makes sense to go back to QLD after getting some experience down here possibly. Same with Martin

Stonestreet is good, watched a bit of him last year in the juniors. Big body and FAST.

Very keen to see his progression. Will be his second pre season with us too

R-15-3

Juniors
Wouldn’t rush into signing them.
They need to show what they can do in the opening rounds before committing to any of them long term.
Williams is the only one I can see being signed off last year’s performances and a good off season.

Craigshark

First Grade
Williams and Uele would be the only ones I’d be really disappointed about losing at the moment. The others all need big years.

Frenzy.

Immortal

I love it when I get to speculate about money. Whether what 0tackle posts or not is accurate it's probably OK for speculation

Graham ~$750k, Feefs ~$850 and Boilin' Moylan ~$350k is nearly $2 mill

Then there's that off contract list where I see a lot of probable min wagers but a few who would be between $200-$400k.

Could start shopping for 2023 with around $3mill.

Last edited:

Ozzi_78

First Grade
I love it when I get to speculate abut money. Whether what 0tackle post or not it's probably OK for speculation

Graham ~$750k, Feefs ~$850 and Boilin' Moylan ~$350k is nearly $2 mill

Then there's that off contract list where I see a lot of probable min wagers but a few who would be between $200-$400k.

Could start shopping for 2023 with around $3mill.
The best bit is Fitz isn’t going to keep a legacy player just because he was “good once”. WG may be retained as he is the skipper but I’m unsure of what he would want. The other 2…. Bye bye.

Question is what do we want for 2023? Reckon that can’t be answered yet.

Croz Au

Juniors
This is whats left of our off contract players for 2022 (according to zero tackle)

Jayden Berrell, Kade Dykes, Andrew Fifita, Wade Graham, Braden Hamlin-Uele, Mawene Hiroti, Royce Hunt, Jonaiah Lualua, Jack Martin, Matt Moylan, Briton Nikora, Franklin Pele, Ryan Rivett, Aiden Tolman, Jack Williams

with the Dolphins looking more desperate for players every day, I thought I'd look at our players they may be targeting.
BHU, Royce, Nikora, Williams and Pele could be in their sights, and maybe the Berrel kid if he turns out ok.
I reckon we may lose a couple of them.
I would be locking down ASAP:
BHU, Royce and Williams

Dependant the yr performance:
graham, Pele, berrell, Nikora and pele

retirement:
Hopefully fifi will more into an coaching role for club
Tolman

gap fillers (take our time):
Rivett (need to see him nsw cup)
Lualua (see above)
Martin (see above)

Moylan & Hiroti - no thanks

Inferno

Coach
I am starting to wonder if BHU is the new Hutch.

Great off the bench but probably not solid enough to be a strong starter. He would have got a decent upgrade when he was last re-signed.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I would be locking down ASAP:
BHU, Royce and Williams

Dependant the yr performance:
graham, Pele, berrell, Nikora and pele

retirement:
Hopefully fifi will more into an coaching role for club
Tolman

gap fillers (take our time):
Rivett (need to see him nsw cup)
Lualua (see above)
Martin (see above)

Moylan & Hiroti - no thanks

Ryan will be in Flegg won't he? I know he's a dev player but they don't always play NSW cup.

I just watched one of this tear's SG ball games on stalkbook. He can kick a goal and throw a pass and stands up to the big boppers. I can see why he's been selected for a dev contract.

Stonestreet played on the wing and Kadeo was fullback.

Game starts at 4:06:34

Frenzy.

Immortal
The best bit is Fitz isn’t going to keep a legacy player just because he was “good once”. WG may be retained as he is the skipper but I’m unsure of what he would want. The other 2…. Bye bye.

Question is what do we want for 2023? Reckon that can’t be answered yet.

Think he may be co captain this year. Grooming year for DF

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Smart effort by Mooney and Fitz locking up all the must keeps for a minimum 2 years. Prices will most likely be inflated for ‘23. Well staggered too.

Latest posts