What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Origin II - Sun 26 Jun - NSW 44-12 QLD @ Optus

Series: NSW v QLD

• New South Wales

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • Queensland

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Perth Red

Post Whore
Game failed to deliver again, that’s two we’ve had and both been blow outs. At least the weather was much kinder this time, Stadium is amazing and the crowd was very loud. Grinspoon was ok and the welcome to country and anthem went down well. Transport a doddle to and from the stadium even with 60k getting trains. Enjoyed the night but wasn’t really worth the $450 it cost for me and the Mrs to attend But we did our little bit to help sell it out once again and hopefully shut up the doubters on if perth could sustain an nrl club.

some11

Referee
I like how Billy made no excuses for his team's loss tonight.

Unlike Bradley who just has to have a sook every time his team takes an L.
Fittler is smart, blaming the loss on the ref works. Slater should try it.

Works for club games, technically rep games are no different.

blaza88z

Coach
This is the last time origin will have a standalone weekend.

Rep round no more.

I hope they have an international round set aside, so teams like Tonga and Samoa get their big names actually playing for them and not being forced to make a decision based on which game brings them more money

Fangs

Coach
There is no doubt the sin binning before half-time completely swung the game and there is also no doubt this game was ref'd differently compared to Game 1, what Fittler said in the post-match from Game 1 definitely played a role

The "experts" all agreed the sin-binning was unwarranted, both NSW and QLD experts

Thats why NSW won. Trivial matters like sin bins or 'the men in white' don't factor into their efforts.

NSW understand Origin.

Stinkfinger

Juniors
There is no doubt the sin binning before half-time completely swung the game and there is also no doubt this game was ref'd differently compared to Game 1, what Fittler said in the post-match from Game 1 definitely played a role

The "experts" all agreed the sin-binning was unwarranted, both NSW and QLD experts
Held him down for an eternity right on the tryline. The ref had no option whatsoever.

some11

Referee
I hope they have an international round set aside, so teams like Tonga and Samoa get their big names actually playing for them and not being forced to make a decision based on which game brings them more money
It worked because of the weekend dedicated to it.

Outside of a world cup I think the care factor will fall substantially.

GongPanther

Referee
You’re probably disappointed we won with panthers ! 😂
He is preparing himself for the possibility that Penrith might be on the verge of a possible hat trick of premierships. Mal Meninga and others have been spewing that day since Penrith in 1991 stopped a very classy Canberra side of achieving such a feat. Canberra were a wonderful side in that era in which I've always admired.
He really needs to move on.

Honestly, how many times did Tedesco go to ground with the ball, especially in the first half.

I reckon at least 20 times and that's being conservative.
I thought Tedesco had a great game, particularly in the first half. The defence was rushing up outside, so his fast feet found plenty of metres up the middle.

I thought he was one of the best outlets we had in the first half and helped us a lot in the arm wrestle phase.

Latest posts