What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Origin II - Sun 26 Jun - NSW 44-12 QLD @ Optus

Series: NSW v QLD

• New South Wales

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • Queensland

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just so I have this right. When the Blues weren’t happy with the ref in game 1 we are all Southern pansies who always complain about the ref when things don’t go our way. When QLDers aren’t happy with the ref in game 2 it is a legitimate gripe because their is a conspiracy perpetuated by the NRL/Ch 9/NSW/NASA/Enron (pick one or all of the above) to cheat QLD of their rightful place.

Corner_Post

Juniors
FYI - just some screenshot analysis I did from Spider cam (done in real slow mode to make it as accurate as possible) on the 2 controversial tries. My conclusion from this: NSW's try was definitely an obstruction and Queensland's first try was definitely a forward pass.

Screenshots below for reference:

1. Where Crichton received the ball - thought was OK at first but this definitely shows he was behind Jake.
Screenshot 2022-06-27 223803.png

2. Did a couple of screenshots of where Ponga made the pass and where Kaufusi received it and a picture where I have imposed where Ponga made the pass on the picture where Kaufusi received it (note, looks close but in reality would be about 1-1.5m forward). Ponga was moving sideways so none of this but it floated forward but went back from hands nonsense.
a) Where Ponga was when passed:
Ponga 1.jpg
b) Where Kaufusi received it:
Ponga 2.jpg
c) Ponga imposed on Kaufusi screenshot above:
Interposed.jpg

I agree with King Wally and Lockyer.

Queensland got the rub of the green in Game 1, especially with forward passes from Harry Grant out of dummy half.

NSW got the rub of the green in Game 2. I couldn't understand what the "Six again" calls were for. Neither could Gus Gould and he's as biased as they come. But hey, we're all just paranoid!

Biased Blues fans will never acknowledge reality. We're talking about people so backwards they reach for their pitchforks when people talk about taking away their precious hills at Sydney's dilapidated suburban grounds.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Ejaculation Explosion GIF - Ejaculation Explosion Cumming GIFs

GongPanther

Referee
Queensland endured the best part of 70 years of it between 1909 and 1979, minus a couple golden spells in the 20s and 50s after the two world wars.
And do Qlders think those players had a gun to their heads when they were playing for NSW? Maybe those players can return money earned over the years from playing for NSW, especially from the 1960s and onwards when the poker machine money came in handy.

NSW did not "pinch" their players, they "bought" them. But hey, anything to get the Qlders all riled up in the 1980 game.

Canard

Immortal
FYI - just some screenshot analysis I did from Spider cam (done in real slow mode to make it as accurate as possible) on the 2 controversial tries. My conclusion from this: NSW's try was definitely an obstruction and Queensland's first try was definitely a forward pass.

Screenshots below for reference:

1. Where Crichton received the ball - thought was OK at first but this definitely shows he was behind Jake.
View attachment 63105

2. Did a couple of screenshots of where Ponga made the pass and where Kaufusi received it and a picture where I have imposed where Ponga made the pass on the picture where Kaufusi received it (note, looks close but in reality would be about 1-1.5m forward). Ponga was moving sideways so none of this but it floated forward but went back from hands nonsense.
a) Where Ponga was when passed:
View attachment 63106
b) Where Kaufusi received it:
View attachment 63107
c) Ponga imposed on Kaufusi screenshot above:
View attachment 63104

You can't judge a forward pass from a photo.

And where the player receives it is irrelevant, it's only judged on how it leaves the hands. It's amazing how many Rugby League fans don't understand this.

Queensland endured the best part of 70 years of it between 1909 and 1979, minus a couple golden spells in the 20s and 50s after the two world wars.

Boo bloody hoo. Take it up with the Governments elected by Queenslanders for Qld which denied Qld Leagues Club being able to use all available revenue streams available to help out its "mates". That is not the fault of NSW, its players, nor its clubs. Its all on Queenslanders.

Just so I have this right. When the Blues weren’t happy with the ref in game 1 we are all Southern pansies who always complain about the ref when things don’t go our way. When QLDers aren’t happy with the ref in game 2 it is a legitimate gripe because their is a conspiracy perpetuated by the NRL/Ch 9/NSW/NASA/Enron (pick one or all of the above) to cheat QLD of their rightful place.

C'mon, we all know that the real language for Qlders around Origin involves hypocrisy ;)

Reflector

Juniors
Going back through the comments section (had a couple of drinks, mind you but not GOOOORN) it's uncanny how much Lynne from Deception Bay in that article sounds like Fatty come to life when you read it in his voice...

Reflector

Juniors
SOUTHERN CONSPIRACY!
I was there and at halftime (after this massive QUEENSLANDER!!! chant that broke out and didn't let up for a full 5 minutes) it turned into boos about the disgraceful sending off of Kaufusi and it was getting riotous- beer cans getting hurled, seats being torn up and chucked on the field, flares going off, I myself got in a fight- Perth has never seen an atmosphere like it, I tell you that much. This would've had the officials panicking about a full on pitch invasion- so they let Kaufusi come back on early as they should've. Shouldn't have been sent in the first place. Hopefully the officials won't make that mistake again because good luck dealing with 52,000 screaming Queenslanders mate. We got this!

- Randall Marsh, Toowoomba

*EDIT*

Footage has emerged of Mr Marsh later being apprehended by Perth Police after the Origin match of July 26. He was heard yelling "I'm sorry- this is un-Australian! Is this Australia? This doesn't look like Australia to me at all!"
Randy Arrested.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts