What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 pre season

Magpies Forever

Juniors
The preseason starts today I think. It will be interesting to see combinations and positional options tried out. For me Hastings 7 and Brooks 6 and Tamou not a starting prop.

Still got 3 (?) positions to fill and potentially Garner swap to Manly.

Will also be interesting to see the new coaching line up and Sheens influence in play.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
The position I have for Tamou is Left Right Out. He just has so little to offer in the modern game.
Please can we have a captain that can stay on the field for at least most of the 80 mins and who can lift the team morale leading by example with hard hitting tackles and powerful runs.

Tiger Ted

Bench
The position I have for Tamou is Left Right Out. He just has so little to offer in the modern game.
Please can we have a captain that can stay on the field for at least most of the 80 mins and who can lift the team morale leading by example with hard hitting tackles and powerful runs.
Unfortunately AD will be missing for most likely half the season but IMO he is the standout for captaincy.

Tiger05

First Grade

I couldn't pick him in the team unless we had a lot of injuries in our middle forwards. There is no way you can give him the captaincy.

AD would be my pick but he won't be there. I think you have to give it to Brooks or Nofo and I don't think either of them are great options. I'd like to give it to Hastings but he has to prove himself for at least a season.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
I couldn't pick him in the team unless we had a lot of injuries in our middle forwards. There is no way you can give him the captaincy.

AD would be my pick but he won't be there. I think you have to give it to Brooks or Nofo and I don't think either of them are great options. I'd like to give it to Hastings but he has to prove himself for at least a season.
Not a great situation is it? Tamou has done nothing to show he earned it from last year and Brooks and Nofo have too many inconsistencies in their game where they should be subject to dropping. Who else? Hastings / Hodgson (if it happens)? Liddle not consistent, this is the by-product of having an almost totally youth team with almost no experienced players on the roster.

Tiger05

First Grade
Not a great situation is it? Tamou has done nothing to show he earned it from last year and Brooks and Nofo have too many inconsistencies in their game where they should be subject to dropping. Who else? Hastings / Hodgson (if it happens)? Liddle not consistent, this is the by-product of having an almost totally youth team with almost no experienced players on the roster.

It's really f**ken bad. AD to me is far and away the best option for the captaincy and he is injured at the start of the season. He may take time getting back into form. Maybe he doesn't even walk into the team.

I can't pick Tamou in the team let alone the starting team.

I suppose the least of our problems is the captaincy. We need a pack that gets on top, halves that can convert opportunities into points and some speed in our outside backs. We've recruited Hastings and Gildart so far. I hope we get some more signings prior to the season kicking off.

Vic Mackey

Referee
The preseason starts today I think. It will be interesting to see combinations and positional options tried out. For me Hastings 7 and Brooks 6 and Tamou not a starting prop.

Still got 3 (?) positions to fill and potentially Garner swap to Manly.

Will also be interesting to see the new coaching line up and Sheens influence in play.

I read today it starts on the 15th. The players come back staggered, its something like under 50 games imminently, 50-100 games a week later then 100+ games a week after that.

Apparently Logen Dillon (fullback), Liam Scolari (wing), Rua Ngati (hooker/lock), Aiden Perry (prop/lock) and Ben Stevanovic (half) from last years Flegg side are training with NRL over the off season. I thought a couple more might have made the cut like Israel Ogden (centre), Brandon Webster-Mansfield (backrow) , Eli Morgan (backrow) and Kade Hill (half). Hopefully we get some word on whats happening with that talented group of kids soon.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
I read today it starts on the 15th. The players come back staggered, its something like under 50 games imminently, 50-100 games a week later then 100+ games a week after that.

Apparently Logen Dillon (fullback), Liam Scolari (wing), Rua Ngati (hooker/lock), Aiden Perry (prop/lock) and Ben Stevanovic (half) from last years Flegg side are training with NRL over the off season. I thought a couple more might have made the cut like Israel Ogden (centre), Brandon Webster-Mansfield (backrow) , Eli Morgan (backrow) and Kade Hill (half). Hopefully we get some word on whats happening with that talented group of kids soon.
Thanks for that. I had heard start of November so was pretty excited to see the end of 21 season and at least look forward to 22 until realism hiuts me in the fact a couple of games into the season.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Thanks for that. I had heard start of November so was pretty excited to see the end of 21 season and at least look forward to 22 until realism hiuts me in the fact a couple of games into the season.

i think they often get the lower grades in early so your Flegg and some nsw cup players might do bit of group training that the club promotes

gordsy

Juniors
Given that little to no pathway football has been played for the past 2 years why wouldn't you give every non dickhead kid with talent or those who really work hard some time with first grade guys. It's not like we are spoilt for choice in first grade.

2B6A835E-B598-481A-ACBB-3E75DF229DD1.jpeg
Nathan Cayless first day as assistant coach at training run.

Note the earpiece as he communicates with other trainers about tasks and players.

This first outing will provide the Assistants and training staff with the players baselines.

Thus the intense focus.

The beauty of joining a club like ours with a fair degree of internal uncertainty is that if you do impress, you are a genuine chance of promotion.

Theres no ceiling like at other clubs.

BrotherJim05

Bench
I can't believe Pearce gets all the wraps for setting up Teddys winning try in the origin game and no one recognises it was all down to Mdud falling on his arse that created the hole.
I always wonder what would have happened if Mbye made that tackle, but wasn't able to wrap up the ball and Teddy offloaded to Pearce (he was backing up right behind him) to score the winning try. Media would have caked their pants with excitement.

Latest posts