What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R1 Sat - Sydney 6-20 Newcastle @ SCG

Round 1: Sydney v Newcastle

• Sydney Roosters

Votes: 13 81.3%
  • Newcastle Knights

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Momirovski should have listened to a very old advertising line: When you're on a good thing, stick to it. Two Newy tries today at least have been his.
2018: Roosters - premiership
2019: Tigers - 9th
2020: Storm - premiership
2021: Panthers - premiership

bloke literally goes to a team and they deliver what the fans want. He probably will win another premiership this year.

age.s

First Grade

bloke literally goes to a team and they deliver what the fans want. He probably will win another premiership this year.
Don't pretend you wouldn't love a finals appearance.

age.s

First Grade
Cronk: Take me into the change rooms.

Not even gonna take him to dinner first Cooper?

The_Frog

First Grade

You don't get a premiership ring for being a cheerleader. He's only won one.

horrie hastings

First Grade
That was one of the worst performances i have seen from the Roosters in my life time and i have seen quite a few. All credit to Newcastle though, they never looked back after the Tedesco disallowed try and never gave the Roosters a look in.

Valheru

Coach
That was one of the worst performances i have seen from the Roosters in my life time and i have seen quite a few. All credit to Newcastle though, they never looked back after the Tedesco disallowed try and never gave the Roosters a look in.

The attacking aspect wasn't a surprise to me. That was a 3 quarter new spine and keary/walker will take time. Very 2018 vibes in that respect.

I thought goal line defence was pretty good considering the possession against us.

Defence on the edges in between the 20 metre lines was awful.

We gave ourselves no chance to build pressure with poor ball control.

All in all a typical roosters round 1 trial like performance in the robbo era. I expect vast improvement by end of season but also expecting an up and down first half of the season.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Win the game and the mental battle. Great stuff Knights

Roosters will vastly improve as the season goes on. Once they get their hands and their 1st pass sorted they'll be fine

Kearys first game in who knows how long so im going to cut him some slack, they will get better with more games under his belt. Lindsay Collins, what a dickhead, wished he would have been suspended the other week than watch the crap he served up today. JWH was terrible and Tedescos worse game in ages.

Frederick

Staff member
The attacking aspect wasn't a surprise to me. That was a 3 quarter new spine and keary/walker will take time. Very 2018 vibes in that respect.
Yeah, your brand new spine sure was shown up by our incredibly very well established spine

Latest posts