What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R22 Sat - Sydney 32-18 North Qld @ SCG

Round 22: Sydney v North Qld

• Sydney Roosters

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • North Queensland Cowboys

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GongPanther

Referee
They need 1 more win to be sure of it, the Warriors game seems like the one.
We are ahead by 90 points on differential. Can't see 30 per game being put on us. But yea, the Warriors game if we win will be the 100% lock. Make that 84 points diff as Cows just scored.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Not watching the game. But reading the posts in here it looks like the NRL decided to take the 2 points Cowboys had handed to them back afterall.
Not that bad but Klein is past it. The young ref last week was so much better.

New blood is needed in the ref ranks, too much baggage with guys like Klein and Sutton.

GongPanther

Referee
Cowboys season is gone after the Green death, half this side won't be mentally right for the rest of the season.
Few days after Ben Alexander died, we played the Maggies. Got up and won that. Don't know how we did it. In fact, I've got the ABC call of that game on tape.

GongPanther

Referee
Not that bad but Klein is past it. The young ref last week was so much better.

New blood is needed in the ref ranks, too much baggage with guys like Klein and Sutton.
Klein has too much unpredictability about him. Probably one of those idiots who think they always have to bring more to the table to stand out from the rest of the refs. I didn't see the whole game, so I'll give it a review for looking at Klein.

Not to worry, 2nd spot is all you need...

GongPanther

Referee
Teddy starting to get massive over the top raps, immortal calls etc lol
Probably influencing the Dally Messenger Awards judges. They started laying it on extra thick when Edwards was playing out of his skin.

Can't have Teddy not winning the FB of the year as stated in his contract.🤣

Cowboys forwards got completely outplayed in this match. Only Leilua got over 100 metres with ball in hand (he had 134 metres), none of its starting forwards got more then 83 metres. By comparison the Roosters three of its starting forwards make over 100 metres withj ball in hand (i.e. JWH with 168 metres, Lodge with 152 metres and Crichton with 105 metres).

Player stats for the match (source: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/match-centre/NRL20222204/playerstats) -

ROOSTERS

1660375362396.png

COWBOYS

1660375445043.png

beave

Coach
I hope that games ends the 'Klein loves the Cowboys' narrative that was being thrown around in the wash up of Challengegate

Cowboys were off with the fairies in patches, need to be better than that. Much more resilience but still plenty of areas that need a fair amount of improvement.

Hutty1986

Immortal
I hope that games ends the 'Klein loves the Cowboys' narrative that was being thrown around in the wash up of Challengegate

Cowboys were off with the fairies in patches, need to be better than that. Much more resilience but still plenty of areas that need a fair amount of improvement.
You reckon they can lift enough to beat the big guns in the finals beave? I still think penrith are the team to beat at full strength, but if cows can get a week off, they'll be nicely placed

beave

Coach
You reckon they can lift enough to beat the big guns in the finals beave? I still think penrith are the team to beat at full strength, but if cows can get a week off, they'll be nicely placed
Not sure mate hey.

You can see the massive improvement in NQ footy but today they lacked the venom in the kick returns that Feldty would normally provide. I love Hammer but his future is in the centres for mine, he just doesn't do it for me on the wing. Need him back asap tbh.

I think Greeny's passing would have had a massive impact this weekend, majority of the team played under his tutelage and would have been on their minds.

If we can get a home final or 2 we might go alright.

Munky

Coach
Not sure mate hey.

You can see the massive improvement in NQ footy but today they lacked the venom in the kick returns that Feldty would normally provide. I love Hammer but his future is in the centres for mine, he just doesn't do it for me on the wing. Need him back asap tbh.

I think Greeny's passing would have had a massive impact this weekend, majority of the team played under his tutelage and would have been on their minds.

If we can get a home final or 2 we might go alright.

If Feldt is out Holmes should go wing with Hammer in the centres.

You won't make it out of your forty with Drinkwater and the Hammer taking the first two runs every set.

This Year?

Immortal
Only saw the 1st half but the Cowboys started slow again. It still feels like they are either heavy legged or are just going through the motions before the finals.
They seem to be at their best when there's a quick play after a Taumalolo hitup.

Latest posts