What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R24 Sun - Wests Tigers 22-24 St Geo Illa @ CommBank

Round 24: Wests Tigers v St Geo Illa

• Wests Tigers

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • St George Illawarra Dragons

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

2 weeks

Coach
Dragons finishes:

2020- 12th
2021 - 11th
2022 - 10th

2023 going to be a massive season to finish 9th!

the-only-way-is-up-yazz.gif

Ozzi_78

First Grade
And since when does every contact with the head require a player to go for an HIA?
He didn't stay down and he didn't show any signs of a potential concussion.
Most do. This one certainly looked bad enough for it.

There seems to be this misconception that a HIA is a punishment for the player having to do it. I know this is obvious but it for their safety.

And yet beat the Eels, Rabbits, Broncos, lost to the Panthers by 2 and were screwed against the Cowboys.

So I'm not really sure how bad you guys really are and also wonder why they get so complacent against shit teams.

a lot of the losses early in the season were against the bottom teams. We had players like Hastings and Douehi out so we’re relying on Brooks to pull it off for us. I think the bottom teams know if they turn up against us they can beat us, we’ve always been good for a shock win against a top 8 side but also will turn in shockers vs the bottom teams. The only seasons we rectified this were 2005 & 2009-2011.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
So every single high tackle penalty should result in a HIA?
Did I say that? The point I made was it looked a heavy hit, enough for 10 in the bin and I was surprised he didn’t need a hia. Not sure what the blow up about my comment. Imo he shouldn’t have been on the field for the kick.

Maximus

Coach
Did I say that? The point I made was it looked a heavy hit, enough for 10 in the bin and I was surprised he didn’t need a hia. Not sure what the blow up about my comment. Imo he shouldn’t have been on the field for the kick.

Ah yes you said he should have been off for a HIA because the reason for the penalty was him being hit in the head. Therefore, every time someone receives a penalty for being hit in the head, they have to go off for a HIA.

He showed none of the normal signs of a concussion, so your only reason for taking him off is to disadvantage the Dragons.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Ah yes you said he should have been off for a HIA because the reason for the penalty was him being hit in the head. Therefore, every time someone receives a penalty for being hit in the head, they have to go off for a HIA.

He showed none of the normal signs of a concussion, so your only reason for taking him off is to disadvantage the Dragons.
My god are you daft?

This Year?

Immortal
Just finished the watching the shitshow. Any other team puts 30 on the Tigers after what they put out there in that half. They had the worse case of dickfingers I've ever seen.
We literally have nothing in attack and had to laugh at how Sloan was left out there with the ball never going his way. I thought the binning of Kepaoa was harsh, maybe a penalty at worst. Would love to have heard what was said during the cuddle because he was still talking while walking off. Bird giving it to the crowd at the end was poor form. I get emotions can run high during the game and fans can be shit merkins but after beating the team running last at the last minute of the game I don't think you've earnt the right to brag.
At least our rivalry is still strong no matter how shit we both are.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Was this not you? Not my problem you made a dumbarse suggestion
Yes it was me.

Not my problem though that you can’t understand I was responding to a question from Frailty asking why HE should go off. The answer being it was him who was hit. Add that to MY opinion that he was hit hard enough to warrant a HIA (and a sin bin) and that’s the end of it. It’s really not that hard.

Are you a dragons fan? Cos that would make sense.

Maximus

Coach
Yes it was me.

Not my problem though that you can’t understand I was responding to a question from Frailty asking why HE should go off. The answer being it was him who was hit. Add that to MY opinion that he was hit hard enough to warrant a HIA (and a sin bin) and that’s the end of it. It’s really not that hard.

Are you a dragons fan? Cos that would make sense.

Frailty also had the same opinion as me, and he's far from a Dragons fan.

But the fact you are bringing in whether I'm a fan or not kinda proves that the only reason you thought he should be off is because you are a sharks fan who wanted the Dragons to lose

And since when does every contact with the head require a player to go for an HIA?
He didn't stay down and he didn't show any signs of a potential concussion.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Frailty also had the same opinion as me, and he's far from a Dragons fan.

But the fact you are bringing in whether I'm a fan or not kinda proves that the only reason you thought he should be off is because you are a sharks fan who wanted the Dragons to lose
You brought it up first. Makes us even.

Also i wasn’t aware everyone had to have the same opinion. Frailty is totally ok with people not agreeing with him. Unlike you.

I think lomax should have been taken for a HIA. It’s simple.