What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R3 Thu - St Geo Illa 12-36 Cronulla @ WIN

Round 3: St Geo Illa v Cronulla

• St George Illawarra Dragons

Votes: 16 61.5%
  • Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This Year?

Immortal
s6mds.jpg

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
They are but where does Canberra sit with their injuries?

A few other sides are an injury or 2 away from being down the bottom

I think Canberra have 10th to 12th written all over them. Ricky will do enough maneuvering to avoid the bottom but finals are well outside their picture as well.

some11

Referee
The sin bin killed the drags.

Still think they can get it together. SuA is a bit of a liability with his tackling style, similar to Radley's issues.

Meth

Staff member
These poor Fijian wingers.

Never played in the wet before. Caught out Sivo a while ago and now Ravalawa.

You would think Fijian wingers would be right at home in those sorts of conditions because when it rains over there, it bloody pours.

Meth

Staff member
I thought Hunt played well in a beaten side. The rest of the Dragons just wen't up to it or up for it.

I love watching Talakai play

Meth

Staff member
Ramsey's going to do it tough this year. He just cannot trust Suli's defense.

Frailty

First Grade
Just on the Ikuvalu non-penalty - obviously I have no issues with the call, but I'm happy to hear why others think it should be penalised.

In my opinion, Ikuvalu only ever has eyes on the ball, and contact only ever occurs because Ravalawa jumps way to early. So are we suggesting that a mistimed jump to contest the ball should be rewarded? Ikuvalu has as much right to contest for the ball as Ravalawa, just like to players chasing a grounded ball can shoulder each other in pursuit of the ball.

Frailty

First Grade
I enjoyed how the Sharks played. Lovely shapes used. Will be a team to watch this year.

The thing I have loved, and completely surprised at this early in the season, is that the shapes are allowing for multiple options for the players to read what's in front of them.

For example, last weeks game against Parramatta, the Sharks were finding some effectiveness feeding Hynes sweeping behind on the left or Kennedy on the right. In the second half, Parramatta started reading it a lot better and were defending it stronger. In the past, the Sharks would have persisted with it in hope that it would work again. Instead, Moylan saw Parramatta commit to Hynes so he fed the short ball to Wilton for the game tying try.

Again, last night - we saw the sharks setting up on the left hand side, and Brailey saw a quick defensive line so he put a small grubber into the in goal for Uele. Uele (and I think Tolman in tigheter) were going to be pushing up and through as part of the backline play anyway.

It's a good mix between structure with players having the freedom to play what's in front of them.

Dogs Of War

Coach
The thing I have loved, and completely surprised at this early in the season, is that the shapes are allowing for multiple options for the players to read what's in front of them.

For example, last weeks game against Parramatta, the Sharks were finding some effectiveness feeding Hynes sweeping behind on the left or Kennedy on the right. In the second half, Parramatta started reading it a lot better and were defending it stronger. In the past, the Sharks would have persisted with it in hope that it would work again. Instead, Moylan saw Parramatta commit to Hynes so he fed the short ball to Wilton for the game tying try.

Again, last night - we saw the sharks setting up on the left hand side, and Brailey saw a quick defensive line so he put a small grubber into the in goal for Uele. Uele (and I think Tolman in tigheter) were going to be pushing up and through as part of the backline play anyway.

It's a good mix between structure with players having the freedom to play what's in front of them.

What I was hoping Barret might do with the Dogs. But it's all still a work in progress. I think the difference is that Barrett is trying to make the players play a certain style, while Fitzgibbon is working with the talent he has and playing on their strengths.