What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R4 Fri - Cronulla 18-0 Newcastle @ PointsBet

Round 4: Cronulla v Newcastle

• Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Newcastle Knights

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nick87

Coach
I know he can be a great player on the days he decides to be f**ked
But at what point do knights fans and the club just say Ponga isnt worth the price tag for 2-3 stunning games a year when he's putting in "efforts" like that half the season?
He's up and about when the knights have mometum and are running over teams but when they're on the back foot he's the first guy to chuck the towel in.

Id find him infuriating to support. Like Jack Wighton is shit in plenty of games but at least you know he's trying his hardest. I dont get the feeling Ponga gives the faintest shit 60% of the time.

Floodwaters

Juniors
Hayne single handedly won an origin series and dragged parra to a GF
Ponga single handed wins a single game 2-3 times a year.

3 or maby 4 Wooden Spoons?

missing the 8 eight times in 11 seasons

only 1 top 4 finish in 11 years, rookie year lol

1 origin series win in about 8 attempts.

Haynes one of the biggest losers to play the game.

nick87

Coach
3 or maby 4 Wooden Spoons?

missing the 8 eight times in 11 seasons

only 1 top 4 finish in 11 years, rookie year lol

1 origin series win in about 8 attempts.

Haynes one of the biggest losers to play the game.

that's great... i wasnt really pumping up Hayne, so no need for rustled jimmies, friend
I was simply stating that Ponga vs Hayne is not a fair comparision because Ponga hasnt achieved anything even close to Hayne.

If ponga played cricket he'd bump up his average with a few triple centuries against Zimbabwe and go to water against everyone else. Flat track bully

Frailty

First Grade
I know he can be a great player on the days he decides to be f**ked
But at what point do knights fans and the club just say Ponga isnt worth the price tag for 2-3 stunning games a year when he's putting in "efforts" like that half the season?
He's up and about when the knights have mometum and are running over teams but when they're on the back foot he's the first guy to chuck the towel in.

Id find him infuriating to support. Like Jack Wighton is shit in plenty of games but at least you know he's trying his hardest. I dont get the feeling Ponga gives the faintest shit 60% of the time.
You mean a fullback or half isn't as effective when their middles are getting absolutely dominated?
Sharks ran 500m more metres than the Knights - with the average set for the Knights being just past 30m. He wasn't given much room for kick returns, and when the Knights were attacking the Sharks defence really took away any options and Ponga was lost.

Whilst I absolutely agree that Ponga wasn't good enough, and he gets more wraps than he probably deserves, I can't put this game on him. The last few weeks alone with the performances from Trbojevic and Tedesco should be enough to show that a team's momentum is the biggest fact in a fullback's performance.