What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R7 Sun - Newcastle 2-39 Parramatta @ McDonald Jones

Round 7: Newcastle v Parramatta

• Newcastle Knights

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Parramatta Eels

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Diesel

Referee
Solid performance by the Eels. If they can take out performances like last weekend when they thought they could just turn up, they’ll go a long way

Bazal

Post Whore
Theyre gunna have them for the next 5 years

I think the main problem with Ponga is his cap value. But the main issue with the side is the squad around him.

He's a bit of a fader but when his pack consistently doesn't turn up you can't blame him for Newy losing. You might get the match winning play in a close game but it's impossible to win a game by yourself from the back when the difference is 37 points.

The Rosco

Bench
We let the tigpies score 4 try’s but can’t let the knights score 1
The downhill skiier did ski downhill well today.
"You" didn't let the tigpies do anything.
The tigpies did what they wanted with you.
Thanks for moving us up a place on the ladder.
Now before you go can you please confirm that you are in fact a Weststigers supporter ?
A lot of your Parra mates seem to think so . . . .

Wizardman

First Grade
I still think the Tigers will get the spoon....but my goodness teams like the Dogs, Titans and Knights have been worse. The effort from the Knights today was horrid. The worst thing that could have happened to them was Ponga staying long term on big money. Not necessarily for Ponga himself (it plays a part though) but moreso restrains the Knights in regards to finding Ponga some help from good players. They are facing some lean years.

Bazal

Post Whore
The downhill skiier did ski downhill well today.
"You" didn't let the tigpies do anything.
The tigpies did what they wanted with you.
Thanks for moving us up a place on the ladder.
Now before you go can you please confirm that you are in fact a Weststigers supporter ?
A lot of your Parra mates seem to think so . . . .

@Vic Mackey (I think it was) might confirm whose alt Rhynob is? If you're lucky.

skeepe

Immortal
When one player is paid 1/9th of the salary cap, based on future potential, you know you’re in the shit
He’s already 24. For a player that showed the kind of potential he did coming through, he should be way ahead of where he is now.

I reckon he’s William Zillman 2.0

Wizardman

First Grade
He’s already 24. For a player that showed the kind of potential he did coming through, he should be way ahead of where he is now.

I reckon he’s William Zillman 2.0
He has definitely regressed from when he first joined the Knights.

Frailty

First Grade
The attitude at the knights is f**ken atrocious. Got behind and gave up. Big problems there.

I don't know if it's an attitude thing - they look like a team that has no confidence because everything they do is ineffective. Their attack is aimless and doesn't seem to have any direction.

They need to build through their defence as a starting point, but they aren't effective because their line speed and first contact is awful. They're constantly on the back foot and this is what they end up playing like.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I don't know how anyone can watch Newcastle this season and realistically think "Ponga is the problem".
I think Ponga is overrated, but Newcastle's problems aren't because of him.

Disagree

On talent Ponga should be a top 5 player in the game. It’s all about his attitude, the bloke seems like he doesn’t care and footy is a very low priority in his life. The knights have allowed this to happen due to being shit scared of losing him and now have shown that this is acceptable in the club.

Their 2 wins this year he barely touched the ball (round 1) and was out for the other

King hit

Coach
Man I have no idea what to make of this game. I suppose at least we played steady and worked for it

Like we were 7/10 at best and that might be a bit kind....but we're gonna win by 36 odd. Newy were worse than a Raelene Castle sex tape with Clive Palmer.
The only people in the entire world who washes themselves with a barrel of used deep frying oil and batter