What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Rabbitohs Injuries and Suspensions

handyman2190

Bench
The NRL's worst-behaved players are revealed as one top team gets a big advantage thanks to their footballers' clean rap sheet: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/n...one-team-gets-big-advantage-ahead-finals.html
Jwh has got away with it again, not looking at the garbage he put on with solomona, he tackled brandon smith at the start and pushed his fist into his face and got away with it. He has to be the grubbiest bastard in the nrl,but is a protected spesies

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Tom to miss 2 with a plea, 3 if he contests and loses. Won't play again unless Souths make the GF.
Milne gets a fine, free to play against Cronulla.
Thug Hargreaves gets 3, 4 if he contests and loses - SUCKED IN.
Victor the Sphinctor - no charges
Cat Suaalii - 1800 fine for running knees into a tackle

callmack1

Staff member
Judiciary Report - Burgess and Milne Charged: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/09/12/judiciary-report-burgess-and-milne-charged/

'Don't let the fans suffer right?' Latrell's cheeky dig at NRL as Souths star faces big ban: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...l/news-story/dfff663d4ab54192e864b02b1ff8d3c7

Tom should plead guilty but challenge the grading in my opinion. I think we have a real case there to get it downgraded as it seemed to hit Tedesco's shoulder first before slipping up.

I know we risk a three-match ban if that fails but we need Tom to even make the Grand Final in the first place so we must challenge the grading I believe.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Sorry but I can’t see Tom getting off tbh. It is a bit lazy from him too clumsy is the word.

They also factor in the injury the player got and Teddy was ruled out the last 62mins of the game. My gut tells me he won’t get off.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I just dont know about Tedesco to be honest... Even Aaron Woods who used to play with Teddy admitted that Teddy loves to get low when he runs because that low centre of gravity makes it easy for him to evade tackles and change directions. Cameron Murray does a similar thing when he runs the ball, he gets low.

callmack1

Staff member
Judiciary Report - Burgess and Milne Take Early Guilty Pleas: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/09/12/judiciary-report-burgess-and-milne-charged/

To be honest, I'm disappointed we didn't try and get it downgraded. He'll be a huge loss.

On another note, these are some ridiculous comments from Paul Kent. Disgusting and disgraceful in fact,

'Learned to disguise the effects' - Rabbitohs captain accused of hiding concussions: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...a/news-story/42c454b8c988f77f0bde52e973938835

Last edited:

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Judiciary Report - Burgess and Milne Take Early Guilty Pleas: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/09/12/judiciary-report-burgess-and-milne-charged/

To be honest, I'm disappointed we didn't try and get it downgraded. He'll be a huge loss.

On another note, these are some ridiculous comments from Paul Kent. Disgusting and disgraceful in fact,

'Learned to disguise the effects' - Rabbitohs captain accused of hiding concussions: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...a/news-story/42c454b8c988f77f0bde52e973938835
Kent is a wannabe dickhead.
Ive banned him and that whole crew this season.
And I feel better for it.

callmack1

Staff member
South Sydney Rabbitohs NRL news: Cameron Murray’s candid HIA admission

Souths skipper Cameron Murray admits players are still fighting an internal battle between ‘self-preservation’ and not letting their team down when it comes to head knocks.

Fatima Kdouh

South Sydney captain Cameron Murray has responded to accusations that he is disguising concussion symptoms to stay on the field and made a candid admission that should ring alarm bells for the NRL.

Murray was cleared to play in the Rabbitohs’ elimination final win over the Sydney Roosters last Sunday having suffered a concussion the week before trying to tackle Kevin Naiqama.

In last Sunday’s physical encounter, the hardworking lock appeared to cop a head knock attempting to tackle Roosters prop Matt Lodge.

Then was rattled by a hit from Jared Waerea-Hargreaves – who drove Murray’s head into the ground – in the second half.

Murray was not taken off the field after either incident, raising questions about whether the 24-year-old had disguised symptoms that would alert trainers and concussion spotters.

Murray strongly refuted the claims when put to him by News Corp.

“Every player I know just loves playing footy,” Murray said.

“So nobody wants to come off and not play.

“And when you’re in the heat of the moment, when emotions are running high, there’s not a lot of thought around, you know, what’s right for you in that moment. It’s all about what’s right for the team. And you don’t want to let the team down.

“So I’m not saying that players are getting better at it because I don’t think you can mask a concussion symptom.

“You know, if you’re concussed you can’t play it off, you know.

“I have been concussed and you know, a lot of other players have. It’s not easy to hide.

“The game is getting a lot better in identifying it and protecting players, and there’s probably still a little bit to go, but I guess it’s just a natural progression to make sure that we continue to get better to protect the safety of our players.”

Murray has suffered three concussions in the last 12 months, including a head knock in the Origin decider in July.

The NRL has a number of measures to protect players from the impact of concussion, like head injury assessments, return to play protocols and independent doctors. But at all stages, there is a reliance on self-reporting of symptoms from players.

And while Murray insisted players understood the seriousness of brain injury, worryingly for the NRL, the NSW forward revealed some players are still fighting an internal battle between ‘self-preservation’ and putting the team first.

“When I’m out there playing footy, I just want to do the best for my team … I try not to think too much about … you don’t think too much about self-preservation,” he said. “You just try to do the best for your team.”

As Murray prepares to line-up against Cronulla in Saturday night’s semi-final, the NRL is weighing a number of new concussion protocols, including a mandatory stand down and reduced contact at training.

But for the players who need those measures most, the players willing to put their team ahead of their own self-preservation, those rules are unlikely to be introduced any time soon.

Murray believes tighter game-wide mandates designed to protect players from the long-term impacts of repeated concussion would be welcome by the wider NRL playing group.

“If we add up the total times that we’re doing contact more than half of them would be during training sessions if we count the pre-season,” Murray said.

“So it makes sense to look at that type of thing.

“I guess it makes sense to keep listening to the science and the research that’s going around it and just jump on the back of what the professionals are saying.”

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Tatola escapes with a fine.
Havili out with a calf injury.
It's wait and see with AJ.
No news yet on Arrow.
Apparently Host is ready to go, he might get a call up

callmack1

Staff member
Rugged South Sydney centre Campbell Graham has played almost two entire finals games with a broken rib and will push through the pain barrier again on Saturday with his side 80 minutes from another decider.

While the Rabbitohs count the cost of their stirring semi-final win over the Sharks, the Herald has been told by sources familiar with the situation Graham’s mystery injury has proved why he’s considered so valuable to Jason Demetriou’s side.

The Gold Coast Titans take on the Sydney Roosters in Round 5 of the 2022 NRL Premiership.

The 23-year-old picked up the problem in the opening hit-up of the Rabbitohs’ wild elimination final win over bitter rivals the Roosters, when he burst out of the defensive line and braced for contact with Matt Lodge.

Graham then played the entire match against the Roosters, which featured a record seven sin-bins, unaware of the extent of the problem.

He wore a non-contact bib during the Rabbitohs’ captain’s run before their comfortable victory over the Sharks at Allianz Stadium on Saturday night, raising questions about the potential of an ongoing injury.

Demetriou would only reveal Graham needed a pain-killing injection before the Cronulla match, but the injury actually involved a rib fracture, which didn’t stop him from producing another outstanding display in which he produced two line-break assists and threw six offloads while running for 153 metres.

South Sydney centre Campbell Graham needed a pain-killing injection to play the Sharks.

South Sydney centre Campbell Graham needed a pain-killing injection to play the Sharks.CREDIT:GETTY

Graham is expected to line up at centre again in the grand final rematch, opposing Panthers young gun Izack Tago.

There was more concern for South Sydney over the fitness of Siliva Havili (calf), Alex Johnston (hip) and Jai Arrow (groin), who all suffered problems stemming from the Cronulla game.

Havili is considered the most unlikely for the showdown with the Panthers at Accor Stadium, putting more pressure on the middle forward rotation with prop Tom Burgess to serve the last of his two-match suspension for a high shot on James Tedesco in the win over the Roosters.

It will be the fifth straight year South Sydney have made the preliminary final.

“If that’s the case it’s just the next man-up mentality and that’s what we’ve had all year and we’ll keep that going,” South Sydney hooker Damien Cook said.

“It’s great for the club, the position we’re in. We’ve been really consistent over the last five years and have got our ourselves in a position to get to the grand final. I think we understand what it takes to get to them, and I think we understand what it takes to win a grand final now as well. [But we also] understand what it feels like to lose a prelim and a grand final. We’ve got to use that experience from the past.”

Cook will face State of Origin teammate and World Cup rival Api Koroisau in the grand final qualifier, with Kangaroos coach Mal Meninga to be a keen onlooker as he settles on his hooking options with Harry Grant and Ben Hunt watching on.

“There’s a big game in front of us [first],” Cook said. “The grand final is something we want here.

“Everyone wants to play World Cup, everyone wants to play representative footy … it’s the greatest honour in our game wearing that green and gold jersey. Let’s get the season done first and then go from there.”