What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Rabbitohs Injuries and Suspensions

callmack1

Staff member
Hey guys,

Time to fully switch focus to 2022. This is part of a forum update where I'll be updating all threads for 2022. Same threads, same purpose, it's just a freshen up.

Please stop using the old threads if you can and start using these ones.

Please use this thread to discuss all injury/suspension news.

Cheers.

Rabbits20

Immortal
NRL Physio on Twitter.

Young Rabbitohs half Lachlan Ilias underwent back surgery this offseason, no report on specific surgery type at this stage. Currently in rehab, is expected to return to training after Christmas. No doubts over availability to start 2022 season

callmack1

Staff member
From Zero Tackle, at least now we know what the go is with Knighty,

Rabbitohs prop set to miss opening Rounds after Off-Season surgeries

South Sydney Rabbitohs prop Liam Knight is set to miss the opening weeks of the 2022 season with concussion.

The 27-year-old Alice Springs-born prop, who has played 48 games for the Rabbitohs since joining the club ahead of the 2019 season, only managed 11 games last year as he battled concussion.

A former Sea Eagle and Raider, Knight has made a name for himself at the Rabbitohs, becoming a regular part of Wayne Bennett's rotation during 2019 and 2020 with 23 and 19 games respectively.

A quiet achiever, the prop has revealed to The Daily Telegraph that he has had three off-season surgeries which will mean he is unlikely to be available before Round 4 or 5.

Knight, along with concussion issues which has limited his games, also had ankle, hip and shoulder problems which he has had three separate surgeries for this off-season.

“I don’t think I’ll be right for round one," Knight told The publication.

I like to tell our physio I will. It just riles him up a little bit but conservatively we are looking at round four or five because of the surgeries I had in the off-season.

“I just want to get myself right. I don’t want to do what I did last year and end up sitting on the sidelines.

Knight missed the grand final loss to Penrith with concussion issues, something he said plagued him for much of the year.

He revealed his first concussion came during pre-season training, with headaches persisting throughout much of the year.

“I was irritable, I had headaches too. I’m not the best sleeper anyway but I wasn’t sleeping well,” Knight said.

“I like to be moving all the time so to slow down, watch your team train hard, rip in and not be allowed to do any of it, that was the worst part for me.

“But I feel 100 per cent now. Thankfully after the season finished I had no lingering symptoms and that has given me a lot of confidence.”

The Rabbitohs open their season with matches against the Broncos, Storm and Roosters, before playing the Panthers in Round 4. It's thought Knights best chance of a return is in Round 5 when the club play the Dragons at home.

In saying that, it's unclear if he will have a spot in the best 17, with Mark Nicholls and Tevita Tatola the likely starting props, ahead of Thomas Burgess on the bench.

callmack1

Staff member
Word coming through that Hame is injured again. No details on the type of injury or severity but word is he's certainly injured. Not being named in the first grade side or the reserve grade backs this up.

A real shame for Hame and the team as he's in for a big Season if he can stay fit. Let's hope it's nothing serious.

handyman2190

Bench
Word coming through that Hame is injured again. No details on the type of injury or severity but word is he's certainly injured. Not being named in the first grade side or the reserve grade backs this up.

A real shame for Hame and the team as he's in for a big Season if he can stay fit. Let's hope it's nothing serious.
Heme is a decent player and its a shame yes, but we are carrying him, last year was mainly always injured, and its started again. Dosent help us

callmack1

Staff member
Taaffe ruled out of tonight with an ankle injury. No word on how bad it is but I know he travelled up to Brisbane with the squad. That indicates that we were giving him as much time as possible to get it right and hopefully suggests that it's not too bad.

Latest posts