What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Rabbitohs Injuries and Suspensions

callmack1

Staff member

Hopefully this comes right. If not, I'd be looking to rest him against the Tigers in a couple weeks time maybe. Obviously it would be good to rest him now but we really need him out there because we really need to get a few wins.

callmack1

Staff member
An update on Latrell Mitchell - Rehab Report: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/04/11/an-update-on-latrell-mitchell--rehab-report/

Terrible news! I'm pretty gutted. This is a big blow for us no doubt. Was expected to be a few weeks not eight!! We are now without a superstar one of our best for two bloody months! That's tough, certainly hurts. As I said, pretty gutted.

That makes it three years in a row now that we're going to be missing Trell for a big chunk of the Season. The bloke has had no luck lately. I know what happened last year was in his control but there was an element of bad luck there. And of course, 2020 was injury impacted and now 2022 the same. It sucks! Really hope he comes back healthy, fit and has a HUGE second half of the Season.

Although it hurts, the blow is softened slightly by the fact we have Blake Taaffe back there ready to go. Thank god we have him! He's no Latrell but can hopefully do a job. I'm confident he can! This now becomes a big eight weeks for him. It's also softened slightly by our draw. I'm not saying we're going to win all those games, still plenty of tough games within those eight weeks but I just mean it's good we've got our games against the Storm and Penrith out of the way where you probably need Trell to beat them.

So horrible news for us and Latrell but we can overcome this!!