What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

callmack1

Staff member
Rabbitohs extend contracts of Milne, Tass, Thompson and Lovett until the end of 2024: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2...on-and-lovett-until-at-least-the-end-of-2024/

Yoohoooo!! This is fantastic news! Particularly great news about Tass, Thompson and Lovett. Tass, in my opinion, has already proven himself a very solid NRL center and could be a star of the future. Could be a mainstay for us for years to come I hope so great to have him locked up. Thompson will more than likely start 2023 on the wing in first grade and at this point, could be anything so I'm excited to see how he goes over the next two years. And Lovett is a great prospect, the club rates him very highly and I'm sure he'll make his debut next year.

I'm not overly fussed about Milne, he's a good depth signing, and he may be converted into a second rower which would be great!

Well done Souths!!!

In other news,

Gould torches 'ridiculous' NRL 'embarrassment': https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/2022-c...xclusive/0ca4579d-e4dd-414c-a115-6558b21b9d25

callmack1

Staff member
SHEPHERD SHOWS TRUE COLOURS

Souths boss Blake Solly walked into a plush level three Allianz Stadium suite on Friday night to find Venues NSW chairman Tony Shepherd wearing a Sydney Roosters scarf.

He wasn’t happy, especially when Shepherd finished his pre-match speech with the line “Go the Roosters.”

Solly has been negotiating with the Venues NSW boss to move his Rabbitohs from Accor Stadium at Sydney Olympic Park to share the magnificent new Moore Park venue with the Roosters.

Venues NSW boss Tony Shepherd made his allegiance clear before the Roosters v Rabbitohs game.

Venues NSW boss Tony Shepherd made his allegiance clear before the Roosters v Rabbitohs game.

Shepherd makes no secret of the fact he wants Souths to stay at Homebush.

However in a peace offering, Shepherd and the Venues NSW board have offered the Rabbitohs three games each year for the next five seasons at Allianz – the matches Souths normally take on the road to Perth or regional areas.

We spoke to a frustrated Solly about the situation on Saturday morning.

“If Venues NSW continue to refuse to invest in Accor Stadium we would prefer to play 50 games (at Allianz) over five years — not 15,” he said.

“However our discussions with minister (Alister) Henskens have been helpful, and we’ll continue to work with him to get a fair go for our members and fans.”

callmack1

Staff member
Lachlan Ilias extends until at least the end of the 2025 Season: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/09/06/lachlan-ilias-extends-until-at-least-the-end-of-2025/

Great news for both Lachie and the club!! While it remains to be seen if he will be a genuine star for years to come, I have been impressed with him this year as a whole and there are the makings of a really good player there. He has already guided us to a Finals Series in just his first year and who knows where we'll actually end up?

2023 is hopefully a huge year for him as we'll see some more development and hopefully, he continues to develop into a star half. I'm backing him and I know he can do it!!

Either way, he deserves this contract, and this is a great retention for us!

callmack1

Staff member
From Zero Tackle,

Cody Walker opens up on contract negotiations with Rabbitohs

South Sydney Rabbitohs star half Cody Walker has revealed that contract negotiations are on hold between himself and the club.

Walker, who signed a one-year extension which tied him to Redfern for the 2023 season on the day free agency opened last year - November 1 - is in a similar situation 12 months later.

Off-contract at the end of next season, Walker can sign with another club from November 1 if he so chooses to, despite having a year to run at Redfern.

He, Damien Cook and Latrell Mitchell have all been in the news recently as they negotiate with South Sydney, who are also attempting to control their salary cap.

It has been widely reported that Cook ids the closest of the trio to re-signing, and while all three want to, Wayne Bennett and the Dolphins are reportedly interested in both Walker and Mitchell.

Speaking to reporters though, Walker said no decision will be made anytime soon, with negotiations on hold so he can focus on the finals series, which will see the Rabbitohs play an elimination match against the Sydney Roosters this weekend.

"I'm not in a state at the moment to be worrying about that (contract) sort of stuff until there's no more footy games," Walker told reporters on Wednesday.

"My full focus and all of my energy is going into this weekend's game.

"We're in a spot this weekend where it's do or die and anything could happen. I'm not even thinking about (the long-term future)."

Walker will line up in the halves in the match alongside Lachlan Ilias, who did recently commit to the Rabbitohs on a new deal.

Latest posts