What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Squad: Gains, Losses & Re-signings.

Old Timer

Coach
I see it very differently. Lawrie is a solid 1st grader these days, and only 24 or 25 if I recall correctly. Sticks it to anyone and has high effort. McGuire is ok, not a fan, but a little mongrel is ok, and the team needs it. I see him on rotation for the bench
Maybe you can send me a highlights package where he runs more than 8 metres and bursts through the line and offloads to a support.

Honest toilet that tries really hard but IMO is never going to make a tangible difference to the outcome of a game.

His biggest +’s is he will take a tough hit up and is never going to back down but alas his body size and speed belongs to another era.

BLM01

First Grade
Maybe you can send me a highlights package where he runs more than 8 metres and bursts through the line and offloads to a support.

Honest toilet that tries really hard but IMO is never going to make a tangible difference to the outcome of a game.

His biggest +’s is he will take a tough hit up and is never going to back down but alas his body size and speed belongs to another era.
Harsh OT
All he needs is some subtle footwork near the line and the confidence to look for an offload
That will change the defences attitude towards running into brick walls
I think he has a good leg speed and drive which is what we need in these times and not enough off from some of the others

Lethal25

Juniors
Connor Watson would have been a really good buy for Saints. He would be my starting hooker and McCullough on the bench but hey, Watson is not from Qld.
He was always going to the Roosters. A player of his quality held the interest of several clubs but he signed quick smart. Registered contract may say he took less than what the Knights offered but most of the planet knows this wouldn't be the case. Uncle Nick 1 NRL 0

be55

Juniors
Now we've got Mbye across does anyone reckon he could try to talk Thomas Mikaele around as well?

He is off contract for next year and consistently runs for over 100 meters a game in the front row. A lot of upside as well at 23 years old, get the cheque book out I reckon
Your post reminded me that i actually thought he played well last week...Having a quick look at his stats, he didn't play big minutes (35 mins total, an 18 min and 17 min stint) but plenty of quality about what he did...11 hit ups for 112m and the 2nd most post contact meters of any forward (51m) only behind Twal, who had a great game. He made 23 tackles, not missing one... 23 years old, 6ft 3 and 110 kg...

We could do worse, i think, than having a look at him...plenty of upside for the future me thinks...

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Harsh OT
All he needs is some subtle footwork near the line and the confidence to look for an offload
That will change the defences attitude towards running into brick walls
I think he has a good leg speed and drive which is what we need in these times and not enough off from some of the others
could be well right BLMO1, but feel the time to see that materialise in the games is now!

Kylez3

Juniors

Very well said OT. I feel like more and more people are beginning to finally accept this.

There's still a place for Lawrie in the 17. He can still play a part.

St Tangles

Bench
The problem with our key forwards is they spend to much time on the field due to lack of quality depth

Lawrie for me starts the game well but around the 25 to 30min mark gets tired and is good for giving a few 6 agains away then is stuffed for when he comes back on late in the match

JdB would be our only current 80min forward and that's stretching it as he hasn't player for nearly 3 years

Old Timer

Coach
To all and sundry re talking up Lawrie's value

Can you remember him ever running more than 10 metres and offloading?

IMO he makes 8m each run and gets dominated and that is simply not good enough.

There is much about him I like tenacity, tough, not timid or intimidated but for all that he has several downsides that people think will be arrested by having better players around him and I just can't see that.

Yet to score a try and yet to make telling runs that decimate the opposition.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
The problem with our key forwards is they spend to much time on the field due to lack of quality depth

Lawrie for me starts the game well but around the 25 to 30min mark gets tired and is good for giving a few 6 agains away then is stuffed for when he comes back on late in the match

JdB would be our only current 80min forward and that's stretching it as he hasn't player for nearly 3 years
ditto Kerr

BIG RIG

Juniors
Just saw an article from the Herald Sun that stated Dragons chasing Origin Star

Has anyone got any access to it

mickeylane

Bench
Christian Welch...yes please 👍

St George Illawarra has started pursuing Gold Coast and Queensland State of Origin forward Moeaki Fotuaika – an acquisition which would further ignite a new-look Dragons forward pack.

Fotuaika, who has played five games for Queensland over the past two years, is off contract after next season with rival clubs permitted to lodge formal offers from November 1.

Titans’ management is aware of St George Illawarra’s interest.

Sources close to the Dragons say the club has spoken internally about the Maroons prop and preliminary contact has been made with Fotuaika’s manager.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
St George Illawarra has started pursuing Gold Coast and Queensland State of Origin forward Moeaki Fotuaika – an acquisition which would further ignite a new-look Dragons forward pack.

Fotuaika, who has played five games for Queensland over the past two years, is off contract after next season with rival clubs permitted to lodge formal offers from November 1.

Sources close to the Dragons say the club has spoken internally about the Maroons prop and preliminary contact has been made with Fotuaika’s manager.
If we got Fotuaika I would near jiz in my pants I reckon. He would be just what the doctor ordered.

be55

Juniors
Wait is it Welch

If we signed either one I'd be doing cartwheels down the street...edit.. the welch story was from a year ago...my bad...went off too early...not the first time i've been accused of that...