What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Squad: Gains, Losses & Re-signings.

RedVDave

First Grade
So far:

Gains: Francis Molo (NQ 3 years)

Losses: Cameron McInnes (Sharks)

Re-signed: Cody Ramsey (2 Years)

OFF CONTRACT 2021
Eddie Blacker, Billy Brittain, Jack de Belin, Matthew Dufty, Kaide Ellis, Tyrell Fuimaono, Hayden Lomax, Trent Merrin, Corey Norman, Jordan Pereira, Brayden Wiliame

Last edited:

RedVDave

First Grade
Of those off-contract start for me:

Keep: Eddie Blacker, Tyrell Fuimaono, Matt Dufty

Cya Later: Billy Brittain, kaide Ellis, Hayden Lomax, Trent Merrin, Corey Norman, Jordan peira, Brayden Willame

Undecided: Jack de Belin,

A clean out needed Dufty I'm not going to judge on his round 1 performance as the conditions were horrible however if no improvement shown over the next few weeks then he can join the cya later list, if the Jack de Berlin case gets delayed yet again I'd also be willing to cut ties.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Potential 2022 pack;
8.Lawrie
9.McCullough
10.Molo
11.Sims
12. Kerr
13.Debelin
14. Fuimaono/Ford
15.Vaughan
16.Alvaro
17.Faumausili
With Lawrie’s steady improvement I see him eventually pushing Vaughan to the bench which would improve our rotation anyway. I’m willing to see what comes of Kerr. But with JDB, Sims, Molo and Lawrie to an increasing extent all noted hitmen that’s not a pack that is going to be fun to run at.

Gippsy

Bench
So, at the moment, the best we can hope for next year, IMO, looks like;

1. Dufty
2. Ramsay
3. M Feagai
4. Lomax
5. Rava
6. Sullivan
7. Hunt
8. Vaughan
9. McCullough
10. Molo
11. Sims
12. De Belin
13. Bird

14. Faamausili
15. Kerr
16. Lawrie
17. Ford

Parko1310

Juniors
I was surprised to see that the broncos only signed John Asiata on a 1 year deal. At just 27, he’s still got a lot to give and IMO would be a fantastic option to fill our lock void. Him playing off the offload Molo possesses could be interesting to see. I also wouldn’t mind taking a look at josh Curran who can’t seem to get a look in at the warriors.

boardlumps62

Juniors
Potential 2022 pack;
8.Lawrie
9.McCullough
10.Molo
11.Sims
12. Kerr
13.Debelin
14. Fuimaono/Ford
15.Vaughan
16.Alvaro
17.Faumausili
With Lawrie’s steady improvement I see him eventually pushing Vaughan to the bench which would improve our rotation anyway. I’m willing to see what comes of Kerr. But with JDB, Sims, Molo and Lawrie to an increasing extent all noted hitmen that’s not a pack that is going to be fun to run at.
Not sold on Ford or Alvaro to talk to me about mid season in

possm

Coach
So far:

Gains: Francis Molo (NQ 3 years)

Losses: Cameron McInnes (Sharks)

Re-signed: Cody Ramsey (2 Years)

OFF CONTRACT 2021
Eddie Blacker, Billy Brittain, Jack de Belin, Matthew Dufty, Kaide Ellis, Tyrell Fuimaono, Hayden Lomax, Trent Merrin, Corey Norman, Jordan Pereira, Brayden Wiliame
Keep:
Blacker, De Belin, Fuimaono, H Lomax

Let Go
Brittain, Dufty, Ellis, Merrin, Norman, Pereira, Wiliame

Sign
Creighton or Brown and one more tough first grade prop.

Griffin and his staff will improve the current members of our pack to a standard that will make them good first graders or at least good backup players.

Our reserve grade should be stacked with mostly young juniors with first grade potential with a sprinkling of experienced first grade quality players.

The addition of Molo and one more prop along with either Creighton or Brown on the right edge will give us a quality pack with good backup in reserve grade.

RedVDragon

Juniors
Wouldnt be surprised to see a couple more 'secret squirrel' signings over the next few weeks/months.

Molo was completely out of the clear blue sky, but must have been in motion for some time.
Agree the good thing is we have a coach with credibility. Unlike Mcwrecker when potential signings were chased once they asked the question who is the coach and the answers was first a huge silence the it’s Paul isn’t a coaches arse hole McGregor the players said thanks but no thanks.

Adolf_Spritzer

Juniors
Keep:

Let Go

Sign

Griffin and his staff will improve the current members of our pack to a standard that will make them good first graders or at least good backup players.

Our reserve grade should be stacked with mostly young juniors with first grade potential with a sprinkling of experienced first grade quality players.

The addition of Molo and one more prop along with either Creighton or Brown on the right edge will give us a quality pack with good backup in reserve grade.

On what evidence should we resign H Lomax possm? For mine he doesn't have the body shape or ticker to make it at top level, but is it more a Brett/Glen Stewart situation?

possm

Coach
On what evidence should we resign H Lomax possm? For mine he doesn't have the body shape or ticker to make it at top level, but is it more a Brett/Glen Stewart situation?
H Lomax is a junior on DP money. Reserve grade will be his home. When/if he wants higher pay, that is the time to let him go. So a one year base salary contract for this guy.

Juniors
Keep:

Let Go

Sign

Blacker? He’s terrible at the moment and I can’t see him improving. He’s a no for me.

epDragon62

First Grade
Blacker? He’s terrible at the moment and I can’t see him improving. He’s a no for me.
He's still young for a prop but has size; I wonder who had seen him play a lot that can give a better assessment?

hewi

Bench
We have to hope that we can do a Titans. Great coach, great recruitment and a destination club unlike us for the last 7 years. Really the next two years is make or break for us.

possm

Coach
Props usually take some years to develop. This is his first real year under a decent coaching staff. While ever he is happy and the club is willing, I'd say keep him.

BLM01

First Grade
We have to hope that we can do a Titans. Great coach, great recruitment and a destination club unlike us for the last 7 years. Really the next two years is make or break for us.
Great coach?... jury still not decided on that yet, but speaks well and appears to be liked but if you listen to the media he is the new messiah!...but that is not surprising as they so want the GC to work
Seem to remember people like Henry and Cartwright geting them to the semis in the past

Destination club!..sort of agree, but it is not all about rugby league ;)

Great recruitment?..agree and they opened the cheque book, but they have been down that road before
They may be starting to improve under new coaching but for me have marked weaknessess in the backs and as commentators talk about with the exception of AJ..their spine still worries me to be a real threat

Having waffled on..they are better than us ATM

Last edited: