What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Squad: Gains, Losses & Re-signings.

be55

Juniors
His love for Mary is the reason, so i don't care.
CC
He's gone now so that's that but....

HAHAHAHA...you think he left the club he was captain of, because of some loyalty to Mary and him being upset at how he was treated...the guy is an adult, not a boy going through adolescence...

He wanted a long term extension and wanted his future sorted before the start of 2021...things the club and our coach weren't willing to do...Even the club acknowledge this

BE

HAHAHAHA...you think he left the club he was captain of, because of some loyalty to Mary and him being upset at how he was treated...the guy is an adult, not a boy going through adolescence...

He wanted a long term extension and wanted his future sorted before the start of 2021...things the club and our coach weren't willing to do...Even the club acknowledge this

BE

Great tackling machine but deficient in many other areas.

No kicking game. Rarely ran from dummy half effectively.

Ordinary passer of the ball from dummy half.

Mind you, better than what we have at the moment.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Great tackling machine but deficient in many other areas.

No kicking game. Rarely ran from dummy half effectively.

Ordinary passer of the ball from dummy half.

Mind you, better than what we have at the moment.
He’ll be playing lock at the Scum, he’d obviously be behind JdB, Fuimaono & Moose with us. Good luck to him I hope his knee holds up, he’s a whole hearted player but I’m not sure he’ll have much impact at Lock.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Not a rumour but I just read Brett Morris is joining Jason Ryles as assistant coach at the Chooks.

Once Griffin is inevitably sacked next year for being useless there are a few ex Dragons out there in assistant coaching roles. Just saying..,,

Maddragon99

Juniors
He’d be behind JDB, Fui and Moose?
Obviously?
Lol
Yes obviously.

meaning: easily perceived or understood; clear, self-evident, or apparent.

de Belin bleeds red & white, put his character flaws to the side he’s the first player picked every week. He loves the club & the club must love him given all the support he was given.

Who’s McInnes? A Mary sycophant & a blow in from Souths.

Good luck to him at Cronulla I hope he does well but I’m not shedding a tear he’s gone.

BE

McInnes was in tears at the end of Mary’s last game.
So was I but mine were tears of joy.

Crush

Coach
Yes obviously.

meaning: easily perceived or understood; clear, self-evident, or apparent.

de Belin bleeds red & white, put his character flaws to the side he’s the first player picked every week. He loves the club & the club must love him given all the support he was given.

Who’s McInnes? A Mary sycophant & a blow in from Souths.

Good luck to him at Cronulla I hope he does well but I’m not shedding a tear he’s gone.
Yeah I’m not sure about a few things that you’ve said here but JDB is a handy player.
Fui and Moose though?
Im not upset that McInnes left either but am confident he’ll be part of a very strong Cronulla team next year and into the future.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Not a rumour but I just read Brett Morris is joining Jason Ryles as assistant coach at the Chooks.

Once Griffin is inevitably sacked next year for being useless there are a few ex Dragons out there in assistant coaching roles. Just saying..,,
I hope he isn’t sacked because I hold hope we will make the 8 next year. I don’t want to death ride the team all year. I want to cheer them on. If Hook fails next year he’s left us in a far better position than Mary did.
Dead wood gone, space in the salary cap, a good selection of one year contracts the new coach can choose to extend or cut and a lot of quality minutes into some of the juniors. Ben Hunt as captain is in career best form, as is Ravalawa.
If we do hook Hook, Shaun Wane’s contract with England ends at the same time as Hooks I believe so he would be well worth a punt imo.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Don’t agree with this besides McInnes, a few points;
Loss of Vaughan: Easily compensated by the gain of Molo, Woods and Gurgess.

Loss of Dufty: Easily compensated by the rise of Sloan.

Loss of Norman: Easily compensated by the rise of Amone/Sullivan

Loss of JP: Suli, massive upgrade. Plus Ramsey and the Feagai boys with another off season under the belt.

McInnes: Agree but Mbye should help add a bit of spark to compensate and Macca is as much of a workhorse as McInnes probably not as dynamic though.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I don't think Hook is under as much "pressure" as some make out. Yes, he's under some, however, making the 8 is just one of the many indicators that make a head coach successful.

Secondly, and more interestingly, we now have 14 players coming off contract in 2022. Some should be priorities, others are going to have to play for their RL careers ie they need a big pre-season and season. I still believe a couple will be given oermission to leave if tgey can secure deals beyond 2022. I dare say our recruitment hasn't concluded for next year (and beyond)

The 14 players off-contract and their age (at the start of next season):
Alvaro - 28
Bird - 27
Burns - 23
Mat F - 21
Max F - 21
Faamasili - 26
Ford - 24
Gosiewski - 27
Lawrie - 25
Maguire - 32
Moga - 28
Sims - 32
Sullivan - 20
Woods - 31

denis preston

First Grade

Hold on, you promised that you would stop the Hook bagging until the results start showing next season ? Don't let yourself down Maddy !

Dragon David

First Grade
Hold on, you promised that you would stop the Hook bagging until the results start showing next season ? Don't let yourself down Maddy !

As we know, these two were part of our club years ago. No love lost with them now either way. In their eyes, the Dragons .. who?

There was apparently an article in the Telegraph today about the impression that McInness has made on the people at Cronulla and the fact that he has added 6kg of lean muscle to his frame in preparation for his move to the back row next year...

I'm betting it won't take long next year, for people to be reminded of the quality of player that we lost when he signed with Cronulla, and he'll do for them what he did for us, slot straight into a leadership role in their pack, continually lead their line speed in defence and will be one of their best each week...

It's gunna hurt not seeing him in red and white and it will be especially hard watching him playing for them...

We will all be reminded very quickly of the quality of player we lost when he left.
Oh yes it will. But have the Sharks brains trust erred by wanting him in the back row. He was devastating for us with his nippy dummy half running and crunching defense. Back row may be a whole new game for him.

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
Don’t agree with this besides McInnes, a few points;
Loss of Vaughan: Easily compensated by the gain of Molo, Woods and Gurgess.

Loss of Dufty: Easily compensated by the rise of Sloan.

Loss of Norman: Easily compensated by the rise of Amone/Sullivan

Loss of JP: Suli, massive upgrade. Plus Ramsey and the Feagai boys with another off season under the belt.

McInnes: Agree but Mbye should help add a bit of spark to compensate and Macca is as much of a workhorse as McInnes probably not as dynamic though.
I think the 2022 squad is stronger than 2021 and I expect a climb from this season to a ladder position 7-10. 2023 is when I think we become a ladder position 3-6 team. A lot will depend on the progression of Amone, Sloan and Sullivan, Lomax and Suli, Feagai's.. Burns and Su'A even are 22 and 23... we are hopefully a young squad on the rise with a blend of experience in JDB, Macca, Hunt, Mbye, Burgess, Woods etc
I think we will surprise some and have had a flutter on them making the 8 and the 4

Trifili13

Juniors

Mbye to the Dragons makes the top 11 and Woods to the Dragons, Dufty to Bulldogs and Taylor to the Warriors get an honourable mention. Now Burton might not excel at the Dogs as much as he has shown in the Panthers system, but surely he deserves more of a mention as a big move and potential game changer than the guys I mentioned above.

There's another Foxtel article that says Sims is coming off a strong season for the Dragon's. Obviously the reporter has not watched any Dragon's games since 2018.

Latest posts