What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022s whipping boy

Maddragon99

Juniors
You were bang on mostly. Griffin got whipped. Suli turned out to be a very good buy. Just unfortunate about the forward pack, they were poor.
I think Sharon Woods was about what we expected from him, the potential difference maker was George Burgess but when that fell apart there wasn’t anyone else to come through & replace that lost go forward.

Su’a was good but one backrower isn’t going to be a difference maker.

For mine the standout in the forwards was de Belin, he’s had a great come back year, played every game & scored 5 tries.

Bin Chicken

Juniors
I think Sharon Woods was about what we expected from him, the potential difference maker was George Burgess but when that fell apart there wasn’t anyone else to come through & replace that lost go forward.

Su’a was good but one backrower isn’t going to be a difference maker.

For mine the standout in the forwards was de Belin, he’s had a great come back year, played every game & scored 5 tries.
I agree with all that. However, I think Sua is overrated and this year showed that. If JDB gets a few mates next year we will be a pretty good team

Dragon Blood

Juniors
I agree with all that. However, I think Sua is overrated and this year showed that. If JDB gets a few mates next year we will be a pretty good team
Sorry, Bin Chicken,

I hope you're a Dad and Happy Fathers Day!!!!!

Don't agree with your comment about Sua, I think he's tried his best behind a very poor sloth like forward pack and a definite sloth in Mcaullah at 9.

I would hate we lose him but if rumors are true that Sua wants out and we lose him because of Hook then it's a toss-up between 3 & 4 below.

All of us fans should feel comfy that No. whipping boy/boys should be the BOD.

Now that Borey Snornam has moved on to better and bigger things as a finger sniffer in the EPL, he still can't take the mantle away from many years or Chief Whip McNoidea at No.2.

Very closely followed by Hook at No.3 with his astute and amazing geriatric Bonko/QLD purchases, leading to the detriment of your younger players (which I have loved watching play NRL in rounds 23, 24, and 25 albeit tooooooo late for season 2022).

Then just by a pubic hair between 3rd and 4th, being Hook and Borey Snorman, I think McShitforbrains still wins the whipping boy tag (STILL).....by a 3/4 pubic hair before 3 nd 4.

I can't really pin "the whipping boy" tag on any one of our 2022 players and be critical of them, because it's been obvious that Hook has been playing his QLD favorites with zero regard/respect to the famous Red Vand and to our local talented and amazing young guns

Last edited:

Maddragon99

Juniors
Sorry, Bin Chicken,

I hope you're a Dad and Happy Fathers Day!!!!!

Don't agree with your comment about Sua, I think he's tried his best behind a very poor sloth like forward pack and a definite sloth in Mcaullah at 9.

I would hate we lose him but if rumors are true that Sua wants out and we lose him because of Hook then it's a toss-up between 3 & 4 below.

All of us fans should feel comfy that No. whipping boy/boys should be the BOD.

Now that Borey Snornam has moved on to better and bigger things as a finger sniffer in the EPL, he still can't take the mantle away from many years or Chief Whip McNoidea at No.2.

Very closely followed by Hook at No.3 with his astute and amazing geriatric Bonko/QLD purchases, leading to the detriment of your younger players (which I have loved watching play NRL in rounds 23, 24, and 25 albeit tooooooo late for season 2022).

Then just by a pubic hair between 3rd and 4th, being Hook and Borey Snorman, I think McShitforbrains still wins the whipping boy tag (STILL).....by a 3/4 pubic hair before 3 nd 4.

I can't really pin "the whipping boy" tag on any one of our 2022 players and be critical of them, because it's been obvious that Hook has been playing his QLD favorites with zero regard/respect to the famous Red Vand and to our local talented and amazing young guns
Su’a has 2yrs to go on a 3 year deal, no way the club lets him go

My 3-2-1 for Stinker of the Year are (in reverse order) :

:poo: Tariq Sims : He's been a great servant but this year he looked like his heart wasn't in it. You just expect better... Either Melbourne have bought a lemon or he has joined the Protected Species list and will never see the inside of a Sin Bin again.
:poo::poo: Andrew McCullough : Grass grows faster than Macca moves across the ground. Lousy service from dummy-half, too. We never looked better than when he wasn't on the field.

And the winner is ... (drum roll) ...

:poo::poo::poo: Anthony Griffin : A useless, inflexible, Grade A dope who has stymied the progress of our best young players with his reliance on his troupe of Old Faithful's and his antediluvian "game plan". Surely there's a Group 21 side out there that could benefit from his "guidance". The table says we finished 2 wins away from the Top 8 but in reality we were light years away. We need him gone - and maybe the writing is on the wall, cos we've won 3 games in a row and he hasn't received a contract extension.

Mjab

Juniors

:poo: Tariq Sims : He's been a great servant but this year he looked like his heart wasn't in it. You just expect better... Either Melbourne have bought a lemon or he has joined the Protected Species list and will never see the inside of a Sin Bin again.
:poo::poo: Andrew McCullough : Grass grows faster than Macca moves across the ground. Lousy service from dummy-half, too. We never looked better than when he wasn't on the field.

:poo::poo::poo: Anthony Griffin : A useless, inflexible, Grade A dope who has stymied the progress of our best young players with his reliance on his troupe of Old Faithful's and his antediluvian "game plan". Surely there's a Group 21 side out there that could benefit from his "guidance". The table says we finished 2 wins away from the Top 8 but in reality we were light years away. We need him gone - and maybe the writing is on the wall, cos we've won 3 games in a row and he hasn't received a contract extension.
I agree wholeheartedly
I think once they told Tariq he was not wanted he didnt give a shit
i suspect he wanted an immediate release to escape the joke of a club we are and either Melbourne didnt want him this year or we blocked him, either way he should have left
They should have cut him loose straight away

As for Macca he is an utter embarrassment to himself playing on and the Hook and the football dept that keeps selecting him . I am worried that he will be playing on next year with buddy Sharon, he must surely be a close call for your list (or u forgot him altogether, as thats what I would like to do as well)

Gareth67

First Grade

Yes I truly believed that Griffin would put some teamwork back into the Dragons, but how wrong can a man be . He is not the answer to the team’s problems.

There are times when I wonder whether or not he is related to Mary as he shows many of the maestros deficiencies - too damn many .

dannyt

Coach
I agree wholeheartedly
i suspect he wanted an immediate release to escape the joke of a club we are and either Melbourne didnt want him this year or we blocked him, either way he should have left

As for Macca he is an utter embarrassment to himself playing on and the Hook and the football dept that keeps selecting him . I am worried that he will be playing on next year with buddy Sharon, he must surely be a close call for your list (or u forgot him altogether, as thats what I would like to do as well)
We blocked the Tariq move because we were short in the forwards. Suspended so it didn't matter.

A bit harsh on McGuire. He was going well until injurred in the first game against the Titans. Never as effective since, but he put Reynolds off his game on Sunday.

Mjab

Juniors
We blocked the Tariq move because we were short in the forwards. Suspended so it didn't matter.

A bit harsh on McGuire. He was going well until injurred in the first game against the Titans. Never as effective since, but he put Reynolds off his game on Sunday.
im talking about hooker not McGuire

Qdf

Juniors
I agree wholeheartedly

McCullough turned in 2021's Corey Norman. Played like a busted arse, but every week there he was on the team sheet. Hook needs to be sack
for that alone.Let alone Sharron Woods. What a joke
these two hasbeens are. Hook still picks these two .
Sack Hook, rather see our young players. Muehslen & Hunt playing.