What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Comp Structure

grozzy

Juniors
With 17 teams, I've been thinking about how the competition would work. I think this would work:
22 rounds with 1 bye team
4 rounds with 3 bye teams
This should give each team 12 home games, 12 away games and 2 byes
I don't know what they'll do around SOO, or decide what teams play each other twice.

The_Frog

First Grade
Suspect the 4 Qld teams will all play each other twice, the grand finalists from the previous year will play twice, and rivalry teams will play twice. Then what's left will be random. After all, it hasn't been a fair comp for many decades now.

Origin is a big headache. Losing half our team for two games didn't stop us winning the comp, but in '23 it could be 4 games. I don't know the answer to this one. There will be whinging all round from the sides that lose players from multiple games.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see the NRL go with the NSW + Non NSW conference system. That all but guarantees 4 NSW teams make the finals every year which is exactly the sort of cynical shit I would expect from this regime.

Munky

Coach
I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see the NRL go with the NSW + Non NSW conference system. That all but guarantees 4 NSW teams make the finals every year which is exactly the sort of cynical shit I would expect from this regime.

As opposed to the five this year?

roofromoz

First Grade
Just hope it's not like the last time there was a 17 team premiership season (1999) and PENRITH!!! played a lot of teams coming off the bye.

Hang on... this is LU.

Yes do it, it will give PENRITH!!! a non-easy draw for a change.

dogslife

Coach
2021: The gulf between the best 3/4 teams and the rest of the comp has never been so great

No one:

Absolutely no one:

NRL: There's so much talent out there! We need another team!

5pmj98.jpg

siv

First Grade
It will be 26 rounds as they are about to kill off stand alone rep weekend

Valheru

Coach

Number of NSW teams in the finals the last 10 seasons

2021 - 6
2020 - 6
2019 - 5
2018 - 5
2017 - 5
2016 - 3
2015 - 5
2014 - 5
2013 - 6
2012 - 4

Derpedy derp