What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Membership

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
The Sharks upcoming store front got me thinking. Where do we miss opportunities to sell memberships.

Why doesn't the NRL or the clubs organise membership gift cards. They can sit in the gift card section of Coles/Woolworths along with the iTunes/JB HiFi etc etc cards. Might bring in some members. With 1 game, 3 game or 6 game membrrships you wouldn't need to even worry about things like seating allocation.
C'mon mate don't start embarrassing execs at Moore Park on 250k + with good ideas like this

Pjf04b

Juniors
I think a better measure is full season ticket holders, other ticketed members and non-ticketed memberships.
Putting bums on seats is the main objective so how does having 10s of thousands of non-ticketed memberships help this?

I think a better measure is full season ticket holders, other ticketed members and non-ticketed memberships.
Putting bums on seats is the main objective so how does having 10s of thousands of non-ticketed memberships help this?
I guess you have contact details of casual fans that you can at least hopefully turn into regular attendees in the future and if those casuals buy merch, they also become walking billboards for the club which could help ticket sales?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Any business will tell you client lists are gold. Why do you think they entice you to points programs? Well run clubs are using their members lists for marketing and sales pitches. As a storm one game member I get emails and texts from them regularly trying to sell me things or keeping me in touch with what’s happening at the club. it also increases sponsorship value as sponsors also get greater regular exposure to members and can also offer deals to make them their own customers.

Vibing

Juniors
When all clubs in all codes report this then yea, the fumblers were the ones who starting countng cats & dead people to get to their large numbers.

Vibing

Juniors
Our total tally would have to be near 370K with Parra, Penrith & the Wahs numbers added

why the 2 grand finalsists don't have their numbers up is odd to say the least.

The_Wookie

Bench
When all clubs in all codes report this then yea, the fumblers were the ones who starting countng cats & dead people to get to their large numbers.

pets are still not counted by the AFL. League audit rules require the member to have contact details on file. Its literally the only requirement since 2019. Prior to that there was minimum spend rules.

Vibing

Juniors
pets are still not counted by the AFL. League audit rules require the member to have contact details on file. Its literally the only requirement since 2019. Prior to that there was minimum spend rules.
anyones cat can have an email address

job done

Perth Red

Post Whore
1 game memberships make a mockery of membership figures.
yeh its become cheaper to get a 1 game membership than buy a ticket to that game! Like participation rates its all become a bit invalid, as a measure of popularity and active fanbase.

Good for the clubs though as it gives them opportunity to market directly and to try and convert the 1 gamers into more rusted on fans.

yeh its become cheaper to get a 1 game membership than buy a ticket to that game! Like participation rates its all become a bit invalid, as a measure of popularity and active fanbase.

Good for the clubs though as it gives them opportunity to market directly and to try and convert the 1 gamers into more rusted on fans.
My first membership was a three gamer. The club sent emails regularly with game day/membership info and merch offers etc. Could’ve unsubscribed at anytime but upgraded to a Bronze membership the following year.