What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 NRL draw

the phantom menace

First Grade
Four top 8 teams... ending Round 4 with two wins would be a good outcome.

Anything more (3-1, 4-0) would be a bonus, though anything less (including 0-4) starts to look a bit like our 2018 start to the season.

emjaycee

Coach
Four top 8 teams... ending Round 4 with two wins would be a good outcome.

Anything more (3-1, 4-0) would be a bonus, though anything less (including 0-4) starts to look a bit like our 2018 start to the season.
Top 8 from what year?
Did Manly make the 8 this year or were they one of those teams that weren't the other 7?

the phantom menace

First Grade
Weel spotted - I forgot their catastrophic decline after the Pride jersey game! 😂

Before they stopped playing for each other (and talking to each other?) they were a top 8 level side.

eels_fan

First Grade
Draw is out.

Thursday/Friday games galore

finish the season with roosters/panthers and then a bye in the final round..

Also back to back away games in Melbourne & Townsville in the last 6 weeks

start to the season is going to be crucial

Last edited by a moderator:

eels_fan

First Grade
Teams we only play once

Souths (A)
Dolphins (A)
Canberra (A)
Sharks (H)
Knights (H)
Warriors (H)

we play titans in magic round

Chipmunk

Coach
Interesting to see how we start. I suspect we'll know where we'll likely be after the first 5 weeks.

We play 3 times before Origin, against Cowboys, Manly and Warriors. The first two teams should be impacted with the Trbo's and DCE out for Manly and plenty for the Cowboys, where we should really only have Junior out.

Also interesting to see what sort of team both clubs bother putting out for our first trial against the Panthers. They will have the World Club Challenge the week later.

The Bye in the last round is interesting, a freshen up for the Finals or get to go on the end of season trip before everyone else.

Last edited:

King-Gutho94

Coach
Noticed the Manly Home game is on my birthday.

Week before origin so no Turbo or DCE to deal with as they will either be injured or playing origin.

We haven't lost on my birthday since i was born. Only played a couple of times though.

And Seibold's last visit to Commbank was 58-0.

Latest posts