What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Pacific Bowl

siv

First Grade
Bowl is not a appropriate name for Tier 2 nations tournament. Should have been call a Shield

Bowl should be for countries like the Solomon Is, Vanuatu etc

Matua

Bench
Kikau, Milne, Valemei, Wong, Nakubuwai. Kikau injured I think, not sure about the others.

I wouldn’t even bother listing Sims, RCG & the Saifitis anymore, they haven’t played for Fiji for a long time.
Wong has been poached by Tonga. Milne is in the squad.

welshmagpie

Juniors
A question of wealth? PNG fans will be faced with the opportunity to attend 4 games (PM XIIII & Pacific Bowl) this autumn - it’s an incredibly poor country. You’d imagine the Fiji or Australia game will be most people’s top pick.

mikail-eagle

Bench
A lot of the games tickets were bought by local scalpers who tried to resell again at about 70%-100% profits. This also happened during the PMXIII match but this time the fans couldn't be bothered about it.

And it serves the scalper right as most of them big big losses. As I was walking along pathway towards the stadium entrance most of scalpers were trying to re-sell along the sidewalks for half of what they had paid for.
I even manged to get 2 extra tickets for half the price.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Best game of the tournaments so far. Well done cook is.
Massive turn around from last weeks hammering by png and Fiji would be breathing a sigh of relief at winning this one!

IMG_1542.jpeg

mikail-eagle

Bench
The UK contingent has arrived for PNG.
Will be interesting to see who Holbrook leave's out from the previous weeks Team to accommodate them.

Those who have joined camp are;
- Rhyse Martin - Leeds Rhinos
- Edwin Ipape - Leigh Leopards
- Wellington Albert - Landon Broncos
- Mckenzie Yei - Featherstone Rovers
- Kevin Apo - Bradford Bulls

Jim from Oz

Juniors
Looks like a full house for today’s Papua New Guinea versus Fiji game, even more impressive when it is a dead rubber match! Great to see!

johnny plath

Juniors
Looks like a full house for today’s Papua New Guinea versus Fiji game, even more impressive when it is a dead rubber match! Great to see!
Not having a go at you but why do we often see international matches called a dead rubber...i feel like no such thing.. every game should matter representing a country

Brian potter

First Grade
Not having a go at you but why do we often see international matches called a dead rubber...i feel like no such thing.. every game should matter representing a country
Because it’s factually correct in that no matter the result both teams make the final the following week.

johnny plath

Juniors
Because it’s factually correct in that no matter the result both teams make the final the following week.
I get that but international sport every game matters. Would either team players in Australia v England match in any sport consider a game a dead rubber..I would doubt it. England no chance of doing anything in the cricket world cup at the moment but I doubt there game against Australia coming up is a dead rubber to them.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Great result for the kumuls. Funny how both finals played out same way compared to results the previous week.

RedVee_8

Juniors
How was the crowd? I heard “full house” in the pre game chat but when they showed the crowd there were seats everywhere. But I missed most of the game due to another requirement.

Also I couldn’t find the game on the radio?? Disappointed with that. Cricket on ABC Sydney, Basketball (final so ok) on SEN Sydney. Music on 2UE, 2GB, MMM, chat on 2SM.